Adam Toledo shooting: Bodycam video of teen killed by CPD released by COPA; family calls for peace: Live Special Report

Reptile

NES Member
Chicago police shooting video to include bodycam footage, 3rd-party cameras, more
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Chicago police bodycam video that captured the deadly police shooting of 13-year-old Adam Toledo was released to the public on Thursday by the Civilian Office of Police Accountability, 16 days after the incident.

The video and other materials were posted to the COPA website just after 2:30 p.m. Thursday.

CLICK HERE TO SEE ADAM TOLEDO VIDEOS & OTHER MATERIALS RELEASED BY COPA

The material includes 17 bodycam videos from involved and responding police officers, four third-party videos, one OEMC transmission, two audio recordings of 911 calls, six ShotSpotter recordings, and case and response reports.​

The video was viewed by Toledo's family Tuesday evening. In a written statement, attorneys for the Toledo family expressed gratitude for the opportunity to review the video before its public release, calling the experience "extremely difficult and heartbreaking for everyone present, especially Adam's family."

no sarcasm at all, and it appears to be a good shoot, but that hit home for me for some reason.
The video I saw stopped before the shot was fired (audio kept going). It was hard to tell what the kid did to warrant a shot to the chest from 10'.

The video I saw stopped before the shot was fired (audio kept going). It was hard to tell what the kid did to warrant a shot to the chest from 10'.
the one i saw, showed the interaction, kid turned with what looked like a gun to me, in his right hand and cop fired one shot center mass, then started accessing injury and starting cpr. i felt bad for the cop, what a shitty situation

the one i saw, showed the interaction, kid turned with what looked like a gun to me, in his right hand and cop fired one shot center mass, then started accessing injury and starting cpr. i felt bad for the cop, what a shitty situation
Yeah, I'm glad I didnt see that.

OIS BC 1st video

dont watch it, but its where i found it

OIS BC 1st video

dont watch it, but its where i found it
From what I could gather, the Roman guy was firing rounds around the scene and gave the gun to the kid to hold when the cop showed up and pursued the kid. The kid turned around with the gun and the cop shot him in the chest and immediately called for backup to administer aid. Shell casings found at the scene matched rounds from the 21 year olds gun the kid had in his possession. Looks like the 21 year old took advantage of an impressionable kid and had him under the allure of the street life. Really sad.

From what I could gather, the Roman guy was firing rounds around the scene and gave the gun to the kid to hold when the cop showed up and pursued the kid. The kid turned around with the gun and the cop shot him in the chest and immediately called for backup to administer aid. Shell casings found at the scene matched rounds from the 21 year olds gun the kid had in his possession. Looks like the 21 year old took advantage of an impressionable kid and had him under the allure of the street life. Really sad.

If thats what went down, that is seriously tragic for everyone

If thats what went down, that is seriously tragic for everyone
Yessir, I hate stories like this. From the article:

“Roman remains locked up on gun and child endangerment charges related to the shooting.

In court Saturday, prosecutors said surveillance video captured the moments Roman fired shots at a passing vehicle with Toledo at his side.

Prosecutors detailed what they say plays out in the police video, explaining it reportedly shows Toledo stopped after a foot chase with his left side facing the officer.

Prosecutors described Toledo as having a gun in his right hand, and say when he turned towards the officer, the officer shot him in the chest.

Prosecutors said the handgun that fell from Toledo's hand was previously used by Roman and matched the shell casings found at the site.”

From video OIS 1 and 2 you can see the shooting and aftermath of the event in real time.

His hands are empty when he raises them. There's a screen shot in this article: Chicago releases video of fatal police shooting of Adam Toledo
He ditches the gun behind the fence right before he turns around, an action visible in the security cam video in that article.

VERY graphic video which shows the actual shooting. Also shows the handgun he ditched behind the fence.

from the footage I see, there’s no basis to criticize the LEO handling of situation. Armed guy running away suddenly turns around. For all I know the LEO may have thought he was turning to shoot at him. These are split second judgment calls for shits sake. It sucks but the 13 year old indeed contributed to his own death.

couldnt pay me enough to chase after armed dirtbags at 2am. Cop gets a gold star from me.

His hands are empty when he raises them.
This may be the case, although I will say those strobing lights aren't doing a damned thing to help any sort of visibility for responding officers, or the video recording. Taken frame by frame, there are points where either it looks like he has something in his hand, or the shadow cast by the instantaneous "high" beam is in such proximity that it looks like an object is there.

Below are two images cropped from the footage, one from prior, the other post shoot to show what I mean. I'm not sharing this to incite (especially as there's no visible damage on Toledo's person at this point; the red is the print on the shirt design), but to illustrate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-194212_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-194212_Brave.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20210415-194055_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-194055_Brave.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 48
This may be the case, although I will say those strobing lights aren't doing a damned thing to help any sort of visibility for responding officers, or the video recording. Taken frame by frame, there are points where either it looks like he has something in his hand, or the shadow cast by the instantaneous "high" beam is in such proximity that it looks like an object is there.

Below are two images cropped from the footage, one from prior, the other post shoot to show what I mean. I'm not sharing this to incite (especially as there's no visible damage on Toledo's person at this point; the red is the print on the shirt design), but to illustrate.
I can see how the shadows add some confusion to the proceedings

His hands are empty when he raises them. There's a screen shot in this article: Chicago releases video of fatal police shooting of Adam Toledo
He ditches the gun behind the fence right before he turns around, an action visible in the security cam video in that article.

You‘re right, but I watched at regular speed without reading anything about the case in advance and I absolutely thought the kid had a gun in his hand when he turned.

Looks to me that the kid tried to show his hands as ordered, but he tried to ditch the gun behind the fence in the process and it cost him his life.

from the footage I see, there’s no basis to criticize the LEO handling of situation. Armed guy running away suddenly turns around. For all I know the LEO may have thought he was turning to shoot at him. These are split second judgment calls for shits sake. It sucks but the 13 year old indeed contributed to his own death.

couldnt pay me enough to chase after armed dirtbags at 2am. Cop gets a gold star from me.
Fully agree. Cop isn't a robot. From the time he decided to shoot to the time the shot was fired, kid dropped the gun. At that point, his body was already in motion to fire. Solid shot too.

Last edited:

On top of that, he performed CPR immediately after shooting just one shot. 99% of cops wouldn't come close to that.

Back
Top Bottom