• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Adams Arms Experience?

jron

NES Member
was wondering what experience anyone had with them. I have seem mostly good comments a few negative but there are plenty of AR trolls out there. Was trying to see if it was worth it over a another DI system.

Please share any info.

Thanks [grin]

I have a base carbine, been 100% reliable so far and cleaning is a breeze. I do not plan to go back to DI.

It will shoot sub-MOA with my 75gr handloads, no rear support, no bipod, base model trigger and a 1-6x optic.

I have tried a few 55gr bullets (Vmax, Hornady JSP, and federal bulk) with poor results. (3.5 + MOA)

I bought and A.A. complete upper a while back, put it on a pre-ban lower. Long story short I noticed the bolt carrier was missing the machining for the forward assist. My upper ran flawlessly but I called Adams Arms to let them know. Customer service was awesome, they overnighted me a new bolt carrier and bolt and told me to keep the other for a spare.

Long story short I noticed the bolt carrier was missing the machining for the forward assist. My upper ran flawlessly but I called Adams Arms to let them know. Customer service was awesome, they overnighted me a new bolt carrier and bolt and told me to keep the other for a spare.
Yeah...I bought a conversion kit for a build to be used with Aero's (new at the time) piston upper. During the build I had some issues that both Aero and AA were tremendously helpful with via phone and e-mail. I also wanted a different bolt carrier (than the one that came included in the kits) and AA was totally willing to allow me to return the one in the kit, and pay the difference for the one I wanted. Once the build was completed, there was some distinct cycling issues. Unable to tell if this was an Aero issue or a AA issue (even a local, well respected gunsmith couldn't figure it out). I contacted AA again and they had me just ship the whole rifle to them to have it undergo a once over by their techs. They paid the shipping both ways and the issue was solved. I was blown away by that level of support.

I have an AA 14.5" tactical elite upper. Bought it complete from Western Sport (TX) and put it on a DPMS Lower I picked up when I first got my license and stuck in the safe.

I've had the rifle put together for 3ish years now. Prob only have 1000-1200 rounds through it. Not a single hiccup though and the last 500 rounds were brown bear steel cased .223

I'm only semi embarrassed to admit that I've only cleaned it once. And that might have been before I shot it the first time.

I can't speak much about the accuracy. I haven't shot it past 50yds and don't have any magnification on the gun (aimpoint pro only).

If you like the quad rail tacti-cool look, it's pretty easy on the eyes too.

AA

Nice to hear the positive comment, been thinking about getting their 7.5 upper for a whole now.
I have had a 7.5 upper for a couple years now with a couple thousand rounds through it suppressed and unsuppressed with not a single ftf thar I can recall. Great products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

I have two middy conversions, they are both awesome and I have never had one problem with either one. I think they are the best piston conversion out there by a wide margin.

I have a few AA uppers and like them. Much less than other piston brands out there and I don't see too many issues.

I with they would officially come out with a low profile gas block so you could tuck it under handguards Their version of that is to have Samson Inc make a handguard with a cutout for their Picatinny gas block.

I'm building an SBR and am nearing completion. I ordered a standard picatinny kit off midway for $179 and contacted AA about swapping the gas block for the XLP. $40, plus shipping and I had one, which was funny because they didn't even stock the XLP block in their online store. It can be hard to get a hold of someone, but when you do it's a quality experience. They try to have know-nothing sales people help you. Try and get a tech guy if you have real questions or concerns outside the "sales" pay grade.

sbr1.jpg

I bought and A.A. complete upper a while back, put it on a pre-ban lower. Long story short I noticed the bolt carrier was missing the machining for the forward assist. My upper ran flawlessly but I called Adams Arms to let them know. Customer service was awesome, they overnighted me a new bolt carrier and bolt and told me to keep the other for a spare.

Any interest in trading for an unfired carrier WITH the machining? I have a forward-assist-less upper and it would be neat for me to have a matching carrier. PM if interested. I could sweeten the deal and do all the driving?

I have a few AA uppers and like them. Much less than other piston brands out there and I don't see too many issues.

I with they would officially come out with a low profile gas block so you could tuck it under handguards Their version of that is to have Samson Inc make a handguard with a cutout for their Picatinny gas block.

I have a .625 lightweight which is low profile but you need access to the piston so you cant bury it too far.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

You beat me to it... [smile]

Also Rainier Arms generally has a good deal on conversion kits with Voodoo barrels included. I just checked though and what stinks is now it seems that they only sell 14.5" with a pinned muzzle device. That wasn't how it was about a year ago when I bought the kit. I guess that means the gas block has to fit over their device though right? [thinking]

I bought a AA 7.5" upper a few years ago and fire it on a RR. Never had an issue and 100% reliable. If you plan on a 7.5" stay away from the DI you'll be much happier with it.

Back
Top Bottom