• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Add Chili's and Sonic to the list.

Who cares. Private property. Free people ate able to restrict access to their property to any party for any reason. Open carry jack asses FORCED them to do this.

Their goal is to make money. Controversy, manufactured by the open carry jackasses is not good for business.

Last edited:
Its no big deal, they plainly say in the article that they are just asking customers not to "openly carry" firearms, and it was in response to those bozos with the ARs. Just like was predicted in that other thread on open carry, nothing positive came from that stupidity.

Never been to a Sonic. Anybody that knows good food, boycotts Chili's already.
Chili's was decent in 2002. By 2004 it completely sucked. The last time I was there I did get so drunk that I couldn't find my car when I got out, so I walked home. I woke up the next day to find the car right where I left it (in the driveway, so that I wouldn't DUI on the way home). My keys were also still in the front door and my wallet was in the kitchen sink (???).

Wait what? Sonic is a Drive-In. At least all the ones out west are. When did Sonic have any type of "restaurant"? Not sure how Sonic could enforce anything.

Well said ! Walking into a restaurant with a rifle over your shoulder with only intent to prove that you have a right to do so is asinine . Can anyone explain why somebody would do this is?

We used to take rides to Sonic when we had our convertible. It was fun for the kids.

That car is gone, and the commercials with those two annoying guys are enough to keep me away.

We do have a Chili's less than a mile from the house where we eat pretty regularly. I like the Bacon Ranch Quesadillas and the Texas Cheese Fries.

Last time I was in Chili's, I left them a double stack burrito in the men's room. I thought that was why they banned me. Now I'm thinking it was only because someone saw me printing.

Last time I went to a chilapplebefridays steakhouse, I got microwaved baby back ribs. **** you

With SO many restaurants fighting for customers and survival. And so many of the chains doing really badly. i do not understand the logic of pissing off and or alienating ANY potential customers. Saying nothing and take a "no comment" stace really seems like the best way to go.

Why do this in this economy?

About 5 gun owners might stop going there. The rest won't care, this whole thing is a non event.

About 5 gun owners might stop going there. The rest won't care, this whole thing is a non event.

Speak for yourself buddy,some of us are looking for any reason at all to ban ourselves from a business..TO MAKE A STATEMENT !!!

I'm still waiting for a boycott gunshows thread,since they do not allow loaded weapons inside..[smile]

Back
Top Bottom