• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Add State when selling anything

wjsmall97

NES Member
When selling an item, it would be very useful if people could add what state they are in in the title.
That way you don't waste your time on something that is a long distance away or even not legal for you to buy from another state.
Thanks,Bill

There are posted rules that one must identify WHERE they are or where they want to do the transaction. Maybe one in 10 or 20 abide by those rules and nobody seems to care or hold them accountable (I did it and it burnt me out as a Mod, glad I don't have that responsibility anymore).

I just ignore those posts that don't provide a clue.

I understand your frustration but I don't see it changing behavior here.

Very dismayed
State of Confusion
Solid, definitely solid

That's probably enough examples.

Although to be fair to Bill, I just posted a for sale in another forum, and included in the header along with the description were "WTT" and "FTF in GA".

Just assume pretty much everything in the classifieds is from mass.
True, but even that . . .
From Lee, MA to Nantucket is a very long (and wet) drive, but both are in Mass!

Not everyone who lives in let's say Duxbury, MA is willing to drive to Springfield or Greenfield to buy/sell something.

It really is common sense to list where, but as we know common sense isn't very common these days!

When selling an item, it would be very useful if people could add what state they are in in the title.
That way you don't waste your time on something that is a long distance away or even not legal for you to buy from another state.
Thanks,Bill

Everything is legal to buy from another state. I live in PA and have sold guns through this site to Mass residents. I shipped to the FFL and the buyer goes and picks it up.

True, but even that . . .
From Lee, MA to Nantucket is a very long (and wet) drive, but both are in Mass!

Not everyone who lives in let's say Duxbury, MA is willing to drive to Springfield or Greenfield to buy/sell something.

It really is common sense to list where, but as we know common sense isn't very common these days!
I gotcha op just said state though

There is that whole pinned thing (with a fancy template!) , unfortunately its just in the wts rifles-

There are posted rules that one must identify WHERE they are or where they want to do the transaction. Maybe one in 10 or 20 abide by those rules and nobody seems to care or hold them accountable (I did it and it burnt me out as a Mod, glad I don't have that responsibility anymore).

I just ignore those posts that don't provide a clue.

I understand your frustration but I don't see it changing behavior here.
Its retarded to post for sale things without a proximity of where you live, RETARDED !

Its retarded to post for sale things without a proximity of where you live, RETARDED !
What does that tell you about some of the folks on NES??

Maybe just post the zip code. LOL. Jack.
Wouldn't work. If they can't read stickies or use common sense what makes you think that they can parse a ZipCode to a town name? Personally, I post a range of towns by name as I'll be reasonably flexible with folks.

Like this?

WTF FTF SNH FML SMH ?

(Honestly, tho, yeah - I also like it when people ID the state in the title or the 1st line, so it shows in mouseover.)

I have nothing for sale and I am not telling you what state I'm in.
No-sale.jpg

Back
Top Bottom