• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Addieville Farm

kurtb

NES Member
I just wanted to post a quick heads-up about Addiville. If you are into shooting sporting clays or pheasant hunting (or fly fishing) you should really check the place out. Its in RI and on 1,000 acres of nice private land. They have their own pro shop next to the clubhouse (that is a little out of my range) and two full clays courses - one for summer and fall and one for winter and spring. They have state of the art launchers that allow you to even shoot by yourself on delay if your friends (like mine) bag out because 9AM on a Sat is too early for them.

I must state however, that it is not a cheapo place and 100 clays will cost $35 for a non-member. Alot of the guys that go there look like they just fell right out of the LL Bean Catalog. BUT - the owners and the guys that work there are great and they work very hard to make sure that your time there is what you expect. Again, just clays (and five-stand), driven hunts, and fly fishing in their stocked pond. The only other clays course I like as much is the Orvis Sandanona Shooting Grounds in NY. You should check it out if you are in ther area. They have grills and tables you can use outside the clubhouse for bbq and beers after you do your shooting. Really a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Last edited:
Kurt, bunch of guys i know shoot down there and i hear exactly the same things, great place, great people. I really need to plan a Saturday and get down there myself.

I really like Addieville farm but unfortunately can't afford to shoot there except on rare occasions.

I have held a full membership there for about 10 years and have probably shot close to 100k of shotguns shells there in the ten years. great place, good people working there. Jeff, Jack , Sally , Brian are all good people. Word of warning its a very addictive place to shoot and hunt.

Maybe we should organize a green day to meet up there - on a nice weekend. Anyone care to join me?

I've been meaning to get down there for the past couple weeks. Bolton_guy has gone down a few times and reports that it's a great place, and usually empty on weekdays so you've got the whole clays course to yourself. Nice if you're just learning, because you can stay as long as you want on a station.

I would be interested depending on when it is.

I will be happy to organize it for a weekend. I'll make sure they are not hosting any tournaments that day, make sure the grills are ready, even buy some charcoal and suds for after the shoot. Just let me know..

Kurt

Bumping this thread - I'm considering joining Addieville for the upland hunting. Are there any members on here? I'm curious how reservations work regarding hunting and how available hunting slots are.

Addieville is great - I’ve had a fish membership for a while and a hunt membership I don’t use nearly enough. Excellent clays course

Went there once for sporting clays at the invite of friends. It was Thanksgiving. Froze my ass off, got reamed by the wife for being late for Turkey and had a f***ing fantastic time. Very, very challenging.

Back
Top Bottom