• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

adding a round to glock 43

The whole point of having a Glock 43 is as a defensive carry gun. Why would you want to add an extra round to a magazine that made it less reliable? Get a Taran Tactical +2 and be done with it.

The whole point of having a Glock 43 is as a defensive carry gun. Why would you want to add an extra round to a magazine that made it less reliable? Get a Taran Tactical +2 and be done with it.

Counterpoint: who says +2 baseplate is good idea w stock spring intended for 6 rd? My experience w the +2 taran baseplates is that after extensive use the springs feel mighty weak on last few rounds....will they continue to feed and function? Only time will tell. The +1's feel fine.

separate note, mag guts just announced +1 flat follower for G43 should have available 2/1/16.

Or.... Just buy a shield and save $150
I guess you could, but then again, you'll never get Glock reliability from a S&W Shield. But, if you don't think your life is worth it then who are we to argue...

- Cuz.

Any modifications to your self defense carry will result in you going to jail and getting sued for millions of dollars. Leave it alone!

Any modifications to your self defense carry will result in you going to jail and getting sued for millions of dollars. Leave it alone!

I don't have the meme but you know the one - Jean Luc Picard with his head in his hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I heard that one for the first time about 2 months ago, just started thinking about it again recently. While I could absolutely see this in MA and how the dimwits tasked with judging your case could be sucked into this type of logic, I still find it to be an absolutely absurd concept.

Or.... Just buy a shield and save $150

But then you are stuck with a Shield.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard that one for the first time about 2 months ago, just started thinking about it again recently. While I could absolutely see this in MA and how the dimwits tasked with judging your case could be sucked into this type of logic, I still find it to be an absolutely absurd concept.

I think that was sarcasm. But there certainly is truth to it in certain respects, like modifying your gun t have a "hair trigger".

We saw this in the Zimmerman case. The prosecutor (stupidly) asked the "gun expert" about the pull weight since it was lighter than standard for his KelTec. She stated that it was reasonable and "normal". What's the truism? Never ask a question in court that you don't already know the answer to?

I have a 43 and Taran Tactical +1 and +2 plates. The plus one is fine, kind of a pain to install but works well. The +2 they mailed a replacement spring that did not fit. Using the +2 with the standard spring did not feed well. I carry the +1 and the +2 is sitting on the shelf.

I guess you could, but then again, you'll never get Glock reliability from a S&W Shield. But, if you don't think your life is worth it then who are we to argue...

- Cuz.

Shield is just as reliable. Never a hiccup all different loads of ammo. I'm a Glock honk but the 43 is a flop. Too late, more money, less rounds, shittier sights.

Both are extremely well respected and reputable companies. If you think the shield is inferior because of its logo then that's flat out comical.

Last I heard Taran Tactical is now shipping spring upgrades with their +2 baseplates for the Glock 43.

That's what they are now showing on their website, too, so it appears they are addressing the problems created by the OEM six round springs when using their +2 baseplates
http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_49_81&products_id=289

i didnt get them with my +2 pads. Ill run my mags and give them a call if i run into issues. They have great CS

Sold my Shield 40 and exclusively carry my Glock 43 with Pearce +1's. Nothing but love for the way it carries and how it shoots.

Shield is just as reliable. Never a hiccup all different loads of ammo. I'm a Glock honk but the 43 is a flop. Too late, more money, less rounds, shittier sights.

Both are extremely well respected and reputable companies. If you think the shield is inferior because of its logo then that's flat out comical.

Yeah there are issues all over the board depending on when your shield rolled out of s+w if you get a good one it's unequivocally as reliable just like every other poly piece mostly. Glock consistency should replace reliability. The glock factory usually puts less lemons out

I'm actually taking a PPS in trade so I'll have to skip modifying the mags since they carry enough anyways....although if mag guts were made for it I'd prob buy some

OP there are these springs here. http://magguts.com/glock

Glock consistency should replace reliability. The glock factory usually puts less lemons out

oh you mean the same company that had issues across the board with the gen 4s, and issues with the 42 when they came out. All manufactures have issues. I am a HUGE glock fan and own several its my favorite brand of pistols. But I dont see how people put them on such a pedestal. S&W has an issue and its unreliable and untrustworthy but glock has their issues and they get forgotten about? Its just dumbfounding to me

All of my Glocks earned their way onto my pedestal. Oh, and they have to share that pedestal with my S&W 6906 which I carried and shot for about 10 years with absolutely no problems at all. I retired it for a Glock simply because I like them better, not because it was any more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom