• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Address for FID and LTC

Hey guys, I’m moving into my college house (off campus) in September. I have my FID and plan on registering for my LTC when I turn 21 (October). Am I allowed to bring a gun for home defense without changing my address on my FID or LTC? Since I’m only living at this house for school and plan on living at the same address I have for my FID and LTC after I am done with school; I do not know if I am required to change my address for this. Thanks so much I am looking forward to your responses.

Do you live with your parents in the non school months?

If that is where you consider your home, I would do nothing.

As long as you still have a bed at Mom & Dad's you SHOULD be safe....

where do you vote?

Where is your car registered?

Bank statements mailed to?

Drivers license address?

Do you live with your parents in the non school months?

If that is where you consider your home, I would do nothing.

As long as you still have a bed at Mom & Dad's you SHOULD be safe....

where do you vote?

Where is your car registered?

Bank statements mailed to?

Drivers license address?
Yeah I do consider my address on my FID as my home address. All that other info is all at the same address so it sounds like I’ll be fine, thank you for the reply.

keep the home address as it is, and leave the gun at home

I am probably going to piss a lot of people off by saying that, but schools in MA seem to think that as long as you are a student they can control you off campus too, even in private housing.

If you are not living alone that goes double.

Pepper spray, baseball bats, knives, situational awareness.... lay low and don't become a target.

Christ UMass screwed kids over not wearing masks off campus

BU is no better

Most colleges extend their student code of conduct to off campus housing and locations.

I think it is BS but check it out before you set yourself up for trouble

Back
Top Bottom