• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ads on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I open a thread, I get a video loop ad playing within the frame of the thread. I can't seem to stop it and when I try, it says something about how it the ad is played according to my preferences or some nonsense like that. I hate having stuff like that forced on me. It seems my only option is to not open any threads and not listen to some crap for some product that I am never going to buy. I am curious to see if plays on this thread too and I guess if it does, I am not going to read any of your responses!

you've picked up one of the seemingly endless invasive adware programs and more than likely it's not from nes forums

you need to isolate the adware program and delete it from your computer

they are endlessly attacking from all over the internet

Last edited:
you,ve picked up one of the seemingly endless invasive adware programs and more than likely it's not from nes forums

you need to isolate the adware program and delete it from your computer

they are endlessly attacking from all over the internet

That's what I'm thinking.

OP: Try going to Google.com and see if that same video starts.

My work PC is infected. Home PC is OK.

People were mentioning the NES video ads on another forum, must be pretty bad. Doesn't sound like a virus/adware problem.

Glad I'm green.

Only thing I'd ask: Will this drive new users/members away from NES?

Last edited:
It is all about membership. I don't know how you non paying members can even stand to hang here. My membership lapsed for a few days last time and I couldn't stand it. Honestly, it wouldn't be a site I would come to at all if I couldn't afford the membership or just got sick of paying. I belong to several other forums and this is the only one that does that. Oh and IBTL...

It is all about membership. I don't know how you non paying members can even stand to hang here. My membership lapsed for a few days last time and I couldn't stand it. Honestly, it wouldn't be a site I would come to at all if I couldn't afford the membership or just got sick of paying. I belong to several other forums and this is the only one that does that. Oh and IBTL...

I noticed that when mine lapsed. It's obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom