• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

After "upgrade" to Win10, my login is not persistent

gws1063

NES Member
Even though I check the "keep me logged in" box or whatever its named, ONE of my Windows 10 machines refuses to maintain my login for NES (and NES only) whenever it gets re-booted or even just goes to sleep. Worked fine before the Win10 upgrade.

I've checked security settings and everything seems OK. It should be saving cookies. In fact, my login on other web sites and forums is persistent, so it must be preserving cookies.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gary

Are you using edge/msie? Stop. Get firefox, chrome, opera, anything but that garbage.

My guess is you have some privacy setting someplace or the browser thinks its running in one of those modes where its not allowed to save that stuff.

-Mike

No edge for me - I'm running Chrome. I'd believe that its a privacy setting somewhere, but NES is the only site I've found that doesn't save my login. Sad!

Maybe its the "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" setting. Is NES dangerous? Ha!

-Gary

I had a similar experience recently with Firefox. I ended up uninstalling it, rebooting and deleting any residual files that were left over in my user\appdata\roaming folder and maybe one or two other folders. Reinstalled Firefox and all seems to be working correctly again.

Back
Top Bottom