AG's Office Trumps Mass. Approved Firearms List, apparently

The AG reg. is not a list it is a regulation. Once a firearm is tested and it gets on the approved list it still must meet the AG regulations. If it dosen't meet the AG regs. It can't be sold by a dealer in Mass. It has nothing to do with the AG's office refusing to make public what guns they like and what guns they don't, if it is on the list and meets the regs. it is OK if not it can't be sold. There is no AG list.

Sir, thanks for your service. Do yourself a favor and move from this state as fast as you can, and never look back!!! save yourself. Most of us are done, but you may not be.I have 10 more years before I can put my papers in and GTF out of here. I am a prisoner of the pension. If you are not leave save your self ASAP!!!!

What he said.

Mike,

Thank you for your service dear one, and welcome home. I'm sorry you have to come home to what you found. There are a number of us who've been fighting the good fight, but there's too many moonbats out there who're dumber than dirt when it comes to guns.

I'm afraid it's only going to get worse as time goes by.... [sad]

Thank you again hun.

Welcome back Mike. Thank you for your service! Too bad that this state is your enemy, and ours. Maybe you can move to a free state.

I wish I could say things were different for you here but you already know that not to be true.Welcome back and thank you for all you have done and gone through.God bless

It's very clear that they (the State) want to make it as difficult as possible for an honest citizen to even consider owning a firearm. As a Vet., this is a slap in the face, for sure, but as a citizen, it's a total kick in the balls.

[grin]

culture shock would be an understatment (for me anyway)

welcome back btw... thanks for your service [smile]

It has nothing to do with the AG's office refusing to make public what guns they like and what guns they don't, if it is on the list and meets the regs. it is OK if not it can't be sold. There is no AG list.

You're right that there's no AG list, but totally wrong in suggesting that it's so cut and dry. The AG has gone after dealers selling guns that objectively met the requirements of the regulations, but the AG's office decided that their loaded chamber indicator wasn't good enough. There's no objective criteria specified anywhere, just their arbitrary decision, which they refuse to make public before they decide to go after a dealer.

Ken

Thank you for your service! and I agree with a lot of the other guys on here, you should be able to own whatever you want, so we'll welcome you with open arms here in NH when you come to enjoy the freedoms you fought for.

I is probably because it does not have the "standard" 10 pound trigger pull mandated by the A$$holes in the EOPS.

Here are the trigger pulls for the different models. A very wee-bit under 10# for most of the models but very close.

Trigger pull weights are listed in pounds. Barrel/cylinder gaps are listed in inches. Gun weights are listed in ounces.

Model 315NG 386NG 327NG 325NG 396NG 329NG
Caliber .38 Spl .357 Mag .357 Mag .45 ACP .44 Spl .44 Mag
Capacity 6 7 8 6 5 6
Weight 23.8 25.1 28.5 27.5 24.8 28.8
DA Pull 9.2 9.1 9.5 10.4 9.8 11.1
SA Pull 4.75 4.6 4.2 4.6 3.25 4.75
B/C Gap .0035 .004 .005 .005 .007 .005
Frame Size K L N N L N

mass

this happened yrs ago I have been gone since 2000 and it was before 1998?
so its not something new.its just you were not eligable to buy.
S&W may not have submitted it for the drop test.
VT does not have gun laws.but I dont know about any thing there other wise.
a lot of people are moving to SC and especialy reired military.I have a field full of deer [30 at last count] and shoot out my front door.

Last edited:
this happened yrs ago I have been gone since 2000 and it was before 1998?
so its not something new.its just you were not eligable to buy.
S&W may not have submitted it for the drop test.
VT does not have gun laws.but I dont know about any thing there other wise.
a lot of people are moving to SC and especialy reired military.I have a field full of deer [30 at last count] and shoot out my front door.

I've been away from family for so long, I don't want to move. It's just such a kick in the nuts to be told that I can't purchase a six-shot revolver because it has a 9 lb trigger pull.

Guy at a gun shop said, "...I can only sell that to law enforcement, if I had it in stock." So, I flash open my military ID and badge holder and show him my Security Forces badge (MPs of the Air Force) and state that I'm retired law enforcement. I wish that would count for something, but we aren't considered having been "real police" when it comes to purchasing a firearm. That's some BS right, there! I could give (most) of the local departments a few lessons about how to shoot both their sidearms and long rifles.

Considering my background, a revolver is a very conservative purchase. I can't believe this crap, though.

That "Approved Firearms List," I was told was only good for LEOs to follow. I asked for the "true list" for "civilian purchase" and was told there wasn't one.

The goverment may have bit me in the arm, but MA has bitten me in the nuts:

usaf-1.jpg

(I guess only "real" LEOs who don't go through this shit can be trusted with a wheel gun that holds 6 rounds.)

Back
Top Bottom