• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Aguila .22LR Match Pistol/Rifle

Seeking feedback, with regard to function. Looking to use it in semi-auto pistols & rifles, for plinking inside 50 yds.

Anyone?

Match Rifle ran fine in my Remmie 597 (well, it suffered the same exact FTF rate as every other brand I tried before repairing the 597!)
A co-worker likes the Match Pistol for his High Standard.

From what I understand, from my clubs' pistol team, the Match Pistol is pretty highly regarded in general. Velocity is low enough (1050?) for High Standards, which can be unhappy with higher velocity.

Aquila match is by far one of the better 22lr I have used. It performs in all my semi auto 's pistol and rifle and on average is the most accurate amongst my guns.
Yes I have a few guns that are more accurate with 10x or federal golden match.

Even the aqulia SV does very well in my guns...

I use it in my Walther GSP for NRA BullsEye. Never had a problem and it's accurate as hell.
However, I have frequent FTE's with this ammo in my S&W model 41. Try a box or two before you stock up.

Aquila match is by far one of the better 22lr I have used. It performs in all my semi auto 's pistol and rifle and on average is the most accurate amongst my guns.
Yes I have a few guns that are more accurate with 10x or federal golden match.

Even the aqulia SV does very well in my guns...

^^this.
both their match and the superextra 38gr stuff are amazing.
cycle very well and i find consistent velocities which makes long range possible.
the only 22LR ammo's i've been able to accurately push to 200 yards have been the aguila superextra high velocity and the usual CCI stuff (40gr minimags and somewhat successful with stinger).

I've used 3 boxes of Aguila 22lr in the last year. As others have said it is an accurate product. I'll add that it is some of the cleanest ammo I've used.......only weird thing I'll add is the stuff smells funky when you are shooting it. Someone told me the funny odor has something to do with the primer material that Aguila uses.

The Match pistol is VERY accurate in my Ruger Mark III. I use if for NRA Bullseye (50 ft Gallery). The Match rifle is ok but not as accurate. Both feed well and I only remember 1 misfire in ~ 1500 rounds. All in all I've had god success with all Aguila ammo including high velocity copper plated 22lr, 40 grain Aguila Superextra Subsonic solid point 22lr, 115 and 124gr 9MM FMJ, and 230 gr .45ACP.

I've heard the complaints about Aguila being "Dirty" but the only thing I can attest to is that the 9MM does leave more carbon soot on the end of my Glock but I would not call it "dirty".

Actually I should have included this information. There is a CONSIDERABLE difference in muzzle velocity between the ammunition.

Aguila Standard Velocity 22lr - 1130 FPS
Agulia Subsonic velocity 22lr - 1025 FPS
Agulia Match rifle 22lr - 1080 FPS
Aguila Match Pistol 22lr - 925 FPS (Yep...925!)

Back
Top Bottom