Aguila ammo

I am looking to pick up another case of ammo, anyone ever use Aguila in a 40 cal. glock. The last ammo i bought was Wolf and it seemed to really suck. bad primers never again[frown]. 250 rounds at the range with 15 failures. I don't want to empty the bank either and I have heard in 22lr they are great and clean. any comments

I tried the 22lr and it didn't work too well with a Beretta. It may have been the gun that was finicky, but the CCI high velocity seemed to work better for it.

As far as the 40 cal, I've only used a box of 50rds and it seems to be ok.

I used the .40 S&W in my old Glock and I noticed a big change in POI as oppose to POA. For me it was a bad thing.

I've used Aguila but not in .40 S&W. .357, .45, .22 mag, 12ga and have never had any trouble. The 12ga mini rounds are fun and have given 2 eight year olds the rights to say they shot a 12ga and stayed standing.

I've shot a couple hundred rounds of .22lr, and it works very well. My only complaint is that every once and a while it lets off a nasty smell (kind of smells like a garbage dump when it's 90+ degrees out).

Jr

I tried the 22lr and it didn't work too well with a Beretta. It may have been the gun that was finicky, but the CCI high velocity seemed to work better for it.

PJ I have noticed that a lot of .22lr guns only shoot ammo they like consistantly. There are certain brands of .22 ammo that certain guns just don't like. Once you find a brand that works well with your .22 stick with it to avoid misfeed and misfire head aches.

I would like to stand 75 feet away from the muzzle and off to the side of the target but I'm not that interested. Doesn't seem like a smart thing to do. But being real can you hear or feel a difference while firing it, in either recoil or noise??
Thanks again for all the info on the Aguila I think I will give it a shot.
Hans

I don't know about when you fire. The explosion of the bullet leaving the barrel pretty much overrides everything. I do know if you are 200+ yards down range and the bullet goes over your head you will hear a distinct crack.

I had the same problem with the .22 I bought from FS. I ended up mic'ing a bunch of it and found the rim dimensions were all over the place and this caused huge feeding problems.

I've shot a couple hundred rounds of .22lr, and it works very well. My only complaint is that every once and a while it lets off a nasty smell (kind of smells like a garbage dump when it's 90+ degrees out).

Jr

This stuff is coated with some waxy material that does stink when it burns!

This stuff is coated with some waxy material that does stink when it burns!

Wouldn't be Remington Thunderbolt would it ?

*Looks at title of thread.*
duh.gif

Last edited:
22 ammo

I have used the sub sonic 22 cal. in my Match Remington and it is great. If you are going to use it in a semi auto pistol you will need to buy their high velocity. As far as the pistol calibers I have used the 40 and 45 and it is great. No failures at all.

Wolf ammo is perfect for Mokarovs etc. but as most folks find it does not do well in other pistols.

God Bless our Troops

Back
Top Bottom