Aimpoint ACRO on Glock 26

Situation:
I would like to mount an Aimpoint ACRO micro red dot sight (MRDS) on my Gen 3 Glock 26.

I like the idea of having the slide milled specifically for said optic, as opposed to some “adapter plate” solution. I don’t like the idea of one more failure point introduced to the whole system - I don’t like screws and things that want to jiggle loose and need to be monitored by me.

Actually the idea I like the most is buying a slide from Brownells ready to go but they don’t seem to sell one for Glock 26 and Aimpoint ACRO.

I would be willing to sacrifice the dovetail for the rear sight, actually eager, if it somehow made a superior milling or shooting possible. I would not use, or host, iron sights on a Glock 26 equipped with an MRDS.

Questions:
Has anybody here equipped a Glock 26 with an Aimpoint ACRO?

Has anybody used a gunsmith (ideally in New Hampshire) for this same project - with an experience and finished product great enough to recommend them for my project?

Has anybody found a company that sells a Glock 26 slide ready-to-go for that Aimpoint ACRO mounting footprint? (I’ve seen them for Glocks 19 and 17 but never for 26 — my query here is specifically for the 26).

Thanks in advance for sharing wisdom and experience.

I'll put aside the fact that the ACRO will look massive on a G26 to mention that you'll need to use an adapter plate for pistols regardless of pistol platform because the ACRO's default QD mount is 1913 rail. They make a MOS and S&W plates, if I recall correctly.

Thank you so much for putting aside that “fact.” Both merciful and magnanimous of you in the same breath.

I don’t care about any “QD” mount for the Aimpoint ACRO P-1 (micro red dot sight for pistols) for the purpose of mounting it it to a pistol. I don’t want it to be quick-detachable.

My soon-to-be host pistol is a Generation 3 Glock, ergo no MOS system.

Here’s an example of the mounting footprint for the Aimpoint ACRO, via a Gen 3 Glock 19 compatible slide being offered by Brownells:

I would seriously reconsider an ACRO on a G26, unless you’re in it for the novelty. If you want a closed emitter red dot, look at the Holosun 509. It’s a good deal smaller while still having a good view and features.

The ACRO is more of a duty gun sized optic. But, if you really want one, go for the newly released P-2 variant. It has a massive improvement in battery life over the original ACRO. If the P-2 is sold out everywhere, I’d patiently wait. You get 5 years of battery life like a normal Aimpoint, rather than the few months of battery life of the original ACRO.

I haven’t had milling done by jagerwerks or CHPWS, but they’re both reputable and I’ve been pleased with the quality of CHPWS products.

My apologies for such a pathetically slow response time PappyM3. Thank you for the knowledge and wisdom. All I knew about the Holosun 509 was that it did well in Aaron Cowan's (Sage Dynamics) review process. Didn't realize it was smaller than the ACRO.

Not in it for the novelty - my limited understanding (lots of YoutTube time, no actual experience) is that MRDS are simply the undisputed best way to aim pistols at night, and the best way for folks who wear corrective lenses to shoot. So I'd like to equip a pistol that actually sees every-day-carry time with one. And again in my very limited understanding, the enclosed-emitter MRDS seem superior to the exposed emitter models.

Roger on ACRO P-2. I first learned about its arrival on scene after my original post. The battery life improvement is exactly what I was waiting and hoping for with the ACRO.

For that matter, InRange TV came out singing the praises of the Leupold Delta Point Micro since my original post, and now that's on my list of considerations.

Roger on CHPWS and JagerWerks.

Thank you again for all the intel and wise counsel. Very much appreciated.

I would seriously reconsider an ACRO on a G26, unless you’re in it for the novelty. If you want a closed emitter red dot, look at the Holosun 509. It’s a good deal smaller while still having a good view and features.

The ACRO is more of a duty gun sized optic. But, if you really want one, go for the newly released P-2 variant. It has a massive improvement in battery life over the original ACRO. If the P-2 is sold out everywhere, I’d patiently wait. You get 5 years of battery life like a normal Aimpoint, rather than the few months of battery life of the original ACRO.

I haven’t had milling done by jagerwerks or CHPWS, but they’re both reputable and I’ve been pleased with the quality of CHPWS products.

My apologies for such a pathetically slow response time PappyM3. Thank you for the knowledge and wisdom. All I knew about the Holosun 509 was that it did well in Aaron Cowan's (Sage Dynamics) review process. Didn't realize it was smaller than the ACRO.

Not in it for the novelty - my limited understanding (lots of YoutTube time, no actual experience) is that MRDS are simply the undisputed best way to aim pistols at night, and the best way for folks who wear corrective lenses to shoot. So I'd like to equip a pistol that actually sees every-day-carry time with one. And again in my very limited understanding, the enclosed-emitter MRDS seem superior to the exposed emitter models.

Roger on ACRO P-2. I first learned about its arrival on scene after my original post. The battery life improvement is exactly what I was waiting and hoping for with the ACRO.

For that matter, InRange TV came out singing the praises of the Leupold Delta Point Micro since my original post, and now that's on my list of considerations.

I'm curious about trying the ACRO P2, maybe it'll finally give the RMR a run for its money. Though, obviously the Aimpoint is going to cost more than most RMRs.

No worries on the delay.

Aaron Cowan is a fantastic resource. If you haven’t yet read his white paper on pistol red dot usage, I recommend it.

So, I looked up the actual dimensions, and the 509T is a tiny bit taller than the ACRO, but the height over slide is more dependent on the milling.

The ACRO is 1/3” longer than the 509t, but also is full height the entire way, whereas the 509t’s length includes the little bit at the back that only extends up a small portion
D87002CD-7A27-4A8A-835E-C9107FD605AD.jpeg

Edit, came across a picture of an acro on a G26 for reference:
2C6DD43C-9477-4350-AE7E-745C0332EBA0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reach out to C&H Precision in Richmond Hill, Georgia.

They're a local shop for me; they've milled three of my slides - and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they've got an excellent national reputation.

I don't know anything about the optic you're talking about. I have Trijicon SROs on a G34 and a G31, and an RMR on a G41. All three are mounted without adapter plates, each slide had the rear dovetail milled out and the optic mounted as far back as possible.

No worries on the delay.

Aaron Cowan is a fantastic resource. If you haven’t yet read his white paper on pistol red dot usage, I recommend it.

So, I looked up the actual dimensions, and the 509T is a tiny bit taller than the ACRO, but the height over slide is more dependent on the milling.

The ACRO is 1/3” longer than the 509t, but also is full height the entire way, whereas the 509t’s length includes the little bit at the back that only extends up a small portion
View attachment 494963

Edit, came across a picture of an acro on a G26 for reference:
View attachment 494964

That white paper is what I used to sell my Chief on red dots. I didn't give Aaron credit tho... hes kind of a douche 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edit: My opinion of him is based on a good friend that took several of of his classes and was treated like crap because he wasn't part of the Aaron bootlicking club

That white paper is what I used to sell my Chief on red dots. I didn't give Aaron credit tho... hes kind of a douche 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edit: My opinion of him is based on a good friend that took several of of his classes and was treated like crap because he wasn't part of the Aaron bootlicking club
That’s unfortunate. But he still seems to do the best unbiased testing and actual independent research in the gun industry.

I am a big fan of red dot sights on pistols, and I do believe that a pistol with a red dot is the most versatile package if you have to use one gun for all possible uses. But I do not believe that red dots are better for all possible tasks. From 5 to 10 yards, I can still get two hits on a paper plate faster with irons. I have put a lot of practice into this drill with a red dot, but I can still find the front sight quicker. I will admit that I do prefer a red dot for many other drills, but this is still a drill that many people care about with a compact carry pistol.

My main advice for anyone interested in a red dot on a pistol is to get one set up and start shooting it. I would recommend a sight from Burris, Vortex, Primary Arms, or Holosun in the $200 price range using whatever mount is most expedient. it does not need to be a great setup, and it is fine if it is on a .22. After a few hundred rounds with a red dot you will know how it works with your shooting style, your vision, and your corrective lenses. This will tell you more than any article ever could about how to make your larger investment.

I have both an ACRO and 509T...both great optics.

Just my two cents and most of it has already been stated. The G26 is just to small for those optics (IMO). A RMR, 407/507 might be a better choice for a G26. But with that said...if you want it...get it!

Best of luck

I wish jager works lead time wasn’t like 12 weeks. I like that you can send your sight in and they will mount it for you and laser sight it in. Im going down the rabbit hole and think I want to put a 509t or the 509 ACCS on my 19.

I wish jager works lead time wasn’t like 12 weeks. I like that you can send your sight in and they will mount it for you and laser sight it in. Im going down the rabbit hole and think I want to put a 509t or the 509 ACCS on my 19.

Go all the way down the rabbit hole. C&H precision, (C&H Precision Weapons), located in my home town have milled three of my slides and mounted my optics to them. I had all three milled specifically for Trijicon RMR/SRO pattern, but they have other options - and they manufacture a very well respected adapter plate, which they'll mill your slide for.

Current turn around looks to be 4 weeks, (starting with arrival at their door, and ending with contacting you for shipping info).

As I said, they're local to me. I ran into Beau shooting a local match, talked to him, and took him one of my guns with the optic I wanted on it. Shooting more reddot, and happy with their work - took them two others.

Acro might be a little heavy for the G26 and cause cycling issues. Idk. Ive never seen anybody do it personally.

Go all the way down the rabbit hole. C&H precision, (C&H Precision Weapons), located in my home town have milled three of my slides and mounted my optics to them. I had all three milled specifically for Trijicon RMR/SRO pattern, but they have other options - and they manufacture a very well respected adapter plate, which they'll mill your slide for.

Current turn around looks to be 4 weeks, (starting with arrival at their door, and ending with contacting you for shipping info).

As I said, they're local to me. I ran into Beau shooting a local match, talked to him, and took him one of my guns with the optic I wanted on it. Shooting more reddot, and happy with their work - took them two others.

C&H did a great job on my G43 for a Trij RMRcc, really tight but exact fit, at first I thought they screwed up.

Now if I can pick up an ACRO P2 for my AR, I would be content.

Do you know if they’ll mount the red dot too?

Do you know if they’ll mount the red dot too?

Yes, they will. They cut mine and mounted the dots.

Funny thing I learned a couple months ago. They provide an option - you can get your slide ceracoted, all of it, or just the milled part. They send it out - to a local gunsmith who's a friend of mine. I was in his shop one day, and he had about 30 slides from them that he was ceracoting.

Yes, they will. They cut mine and mounted the dots.

Funny thing I learned a couple months ago. They provide an option - you can get your slide ceracoted, all of it, or just the milled part. They send it out - to a local gunsmith who's a friend of mine. I was in his shop one day, and he had about 30 slides from them that he was ceracoting.
I saw that when I was filling the form out to see how much it would cost. I love that option to just get the milled part coated. I wana get and try the Holosun ACCS or 509T. Undecided

Mounting the optic is pretty straightforward, I think it's impossible to mount wrong.
I disagree. you can mess it up in several ways — don’t degrease the screws, don’t use enough loctite, use the wrong loctite, under torque the screws, over torque the screws and strip the threads, not witness mark after installing.

It’s not hard to install them and CHPWS has some good videos on YouTube showing the right process. But I have previously done it wrong and had screws back out, fortunately I caught it before the screws fell out.

I disagree. you can mess it up in several ways — don’t degrease the screws, don’t use enough loctite, use the wrong loctite, under torque the screws, over torque the screws and strip the threads, not witness mark after installing.

It’s not hard to install them and CHPWS has some good videos on YouTube showing the right process. But I have previously done it wrong and had screws back out, fortunately I caught it before the screws fell out.
I guess if you don't have a torque wrench and aren't mechanically inclined in the least it's possible to mess it up, sure. Everything you described are very basic and if you don't possess those basic skills, ya, pay someone.

I guess if you don't have a torque wrench and aren't mechanically inclined in the least it's possible to mess it up, sure. Everything you described are very basic and if you don't possess those basic skills, ya, pay someone.
It is certainly not hard. But if you don’t know what to do, you can do it wrong and end up screws backing out.

Back
Top Bottom