• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ain't it a bitch when

paul73

NES Member
you go to do to pick up something and it is just NOT THERE?!
i had 2 gallon sized coffee cans with a .308 brass i was too lazy to deal with, even begged gerry recently to find me some :) - so finally got over my lazy ass, went to the reloading room, got under the shelf where it was, and it is just NOT f#cking there. looked in the garage - not there. nowhere. what the actual f#ck. i am like loosing my marbles, or it is an early dementia, if that is how it is going to be.

no one to blame for it, as no one dares to get to this cursed basement of mine with powder and shit. wife hates it and only gives me hard time over powder not locked up. she would not touch it.
so the only explanation would be for me to throw it away, somehow, and i have no such memory, at all, plus WHY would i do that? but it is nowhere to be found, and it is infuriating.
my living space is small, so, no way just to 'misplace' a stuff like that. and i did not shoot .308 much, so it was not in the rotation. it is just fecking something else, dunno where to displace my anger other than to go bang my stupid head at the wall somewhere.
grr.

Happens to me and I'm the king of remembering where useless shit is at home and at work.
(I'm talking warehouse and multiple sheds worth of crap)

I quite often re-organize gear, whether hunting or reloading and put things in a "safe" place. Sometimes so safe I can't recall later which "safe place" I put them in. What ever it is almost always shows up......at some point.

you go to do to pick up something and it is just NOT THERE?!
i had 2 gallon sized coffee cans with a .308 brass i was too lazy to deal with, even begged gerry recently to find me some :) - so finally got over my lazy ass, went to the reloading room, got under the shelf where it was, and it is just NOT f#cking there. looked in the garage - not there. nowhere. what the actual f#ck. i am like loosing my marbles, or it is an early dementia, if that is how it is going to be.

no one to blame for it, as no one dares to get to this cursed basement of mine with powder and shit. wife hates it and only gives me hard time over powder not locked up. she would not touch it.
so the only explanation would be for me to throw it away, somehow, and i have no such memory, at all, plus WHY would i do that? but it is nowhere to be found, and it is infuriating.
my living space is small, so, no way just to 'misplace' a stuff like that. and i did not shoot .308 much, so it was not in the rotation. it is just fecking something else, dunno where to displace my anger other than to go bang my stupid head at the wall somewhere.
grr.
THIS! Happens to me more than I care to admit...

Stop looking for it and you'll find it. Sometimes I find stuff later and have no idea how I considered it lost, like someone hid it on me then put it back when I wasn't looking.

Stop looking for it and you'll find it. Sometimes I find stuff later and have no idea how I considered it lost, like someone hid it on me then put it back when I wasn't looking.
nah, i have bad feelings about it. just did a new search, it is nowhere. hell with it. it went into recycling most likely. it`s the only reasonable explanation.

Check the tumbler
I find the easiest way to find shit is buy more. When it arrives and you go to put it away chances are the lost shit will be there!
I lost track how many times I keep loosing 110gn 30cal I have. I have had to replace them a few times. The big problem is when you don't have enough space in one spot to store it all. I came across 1000 cases of 762x55 I have been looking for for sometime.

Back
Top Bottom