• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Airheads are after lead ammo again

The use of such ammo by hunters puts about 3,000 pounds of lead into the environment annually and causes the death of 20 million birds each year from lead poisoning

Is lead poisoning the PC way of saying GSW? Thats like saying a guy that got stabbed to death died of severe blood loss and organ failure.

Let's see. Where did lead come from? The ground. Where is it going back to when you shoot outdoors? I know. The ground!

Let's see. Where did lead come from? The ground. Where is it going back to when you shoot outdoors? I know. The ground!

WAIT! Dont you understand that when it is in the ground it is part of Mother Earth, to be worshipped and loved, but if you take it out and then bury it again you are destroying our very planet!!! DUH! it makes total sense after I explained it, doesnt it?

Oh, Come on now it is for the environment, You just don't understand the dangers of lead. I F***ING TOLD YOU SO!!!!!
He did. But it is for the baby loons, you don't want to hurt baby loons do you? And earthworms, earthworms don't deserve to get lead poisoning, assuming they survive being shot at...

These people are ridiculous read this article on there Prius's and how they damage the environment more than a Hummer: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=64448 . Why don't they put that to work instead of bashing hunters for using what they have used since 500 AD when the Chinese made the first firearm.
This article is so full of BS I died laughing. The JA writing it had to spin it pretty hard to get the figures he wanted. Look at this from your link: The Prius costs an average of $3.25 per mile driven over a lifetime of 100,000 miles - the expected lifespan of the Hybrid. In a Toyota Prius bashing thread here on NES last year someone posted about a Prius still driven daily with the original batteries that had 350K miles on it. I personally know of two people who have high mileage on their Prius's {179K and 211K } and both of them have their original battery packs in them. Where this JA gets off thinking people will be stupid enough to believe Toyota makes ANY vehicle that only last 100K is beyond me.
The article was written in 2007 and Toyota stopped making the type of batteries the author wrote about in 2007. His math was flawed and his facts were never backed up with actual facts. Read the comments at the end of the article for a real eye opener.

42577dcd-c10b-00d2.jpg

I did my part today, these were on the ground and now they're not. But will be once again only 230gr at a time.

we also must address the issue of di-hydrogen oxide in the environment too

Dihydrogen oxide is far more dangerous than lead. Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
DHMO is a major component of acid rain. Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.

[smile]

Dihydrogen oxide is far more dangerous than lead. Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
DHMO is a major component of acid rain. Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.

[smile]
and if it combined with with alcohol it can cause dizziness nausea and some cases pregnancy.

DHMO scares the crap out of me. What if it got mixed with lead and put back into the earth? Oh the humanity!

By the way I had a close encounter with DHMO one winter where my whole body was covered in it unexpectedly and it came damned close to killing me.

Call me stupid/ignorant.. but doesn’t lead come from the ground aka the environment? Sorry I feel like I needed my facts after reading this garbage

20 million birds die annually.... They'd be laying all over the place.... ya, right.

Many animals, including birds, will hide when they're sick or injured. If they die when hidden, you aren't likely to see them laying all over the place. Plus, being as small as they are, they decay quickly.

The people who put out the Sibley Guides (well-known experts on North American birds) estimate that as many as 500 million birds are killed by feral cats and another 60 million by cars each year. 20 million from poisoning doesn't sound too far-fetched.

http://www.sibleyguides.com/conservation/causes-of-bird-mortality/

Back
Top Bottom