• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK-47 - The Movie!!

Don’t bother. It’s another Putin propaganda film, like the t-34 movie. Even Russian movie critics thought it was complete garbage. The movie is even worse than the other gem of Putin propaganda movie of 2020: Zoya. Kalashnikov military complex is another facade for Putin pumping money out of Russia to make him the richest person in the world. To keep Russian’s content he keeps ordering propaganda films left and right. This is just one of them.

Don’t bother. It’s another Putin propaganda film, like the t-34 movie. Even Russian movie critics thought it was complete garbage. The movie is even worse than the other gem of Putin propaganda movie of 2020: Zoya. Kalashnikov military complex is another facade for Putin pumping money out of Russia to make him the richest person in the world. To keep Russian’s content he keeps ordering propaganda films left and right. This is just one of them.

Good to know.

I did watch some of that T-34 movie - think it was on Youtube. Definitely seemed like a total propoganda piece - but so are most movies in one way or another.

I wonder if it would have been better if was made as a musical instead?
Like 'Dr. Zhivago' or 'Fiddler on the Roof' only with Nazis, tanks and assault rifles.

Did they get the part of stealing it from a nazi? Or did they skip that one....

What about everyone, especially the US, stealing the Mauser action from the Germans as well??? Gun idea stealing is pretty common. Hell, I always find it funny that JMB had to work so hard at developing the BHP because he was infringing on his OWN patents (then owned by Colt) on a semi-auto handgun. ROFL!!!!

What about everyone, especially the US, stealing the Mauser action from the Germans as well??? Gun idea stealing is pretty common. Hell, I always find it funny that JMB had to work so hard at developing the BHP because he was infringing on his OWN patents (then owned by Colt) on a semi-auto handgun. ROFL!!!!

'a mistake' - a huge tongue in cheek. it is one of those facts that everyone knows, but does not speak of. it was a redesign, and it was a team including captured germans and unknown to anybody now 'enemies of the people' who worked on the projects - and they had that young boy Kalashnikov as a party appointed 'leader' of that team of convicts - as it was, after all, a minor project in the small arms factory.

but, whatever. The History of the Kalashnikov

all in all they did re-design the original MP44 well enough to become a way better gun.

It's fine to steal ideas lol but don't blatantly copy it then try and tell me o yeah look its original totally Soviet inspired...

Did they get the part of stealing it from a nazi? Or did they skip that one....
The STG 44 and AK-47 almost have nothing in common besides being assault rifles. The AK stole more from the M1 Garand than the STG 44. And even then it isn't a blatant copy as the AK is magazine fed, easier to field strip and has different sights etc.

The one thing I've heard which seems plausible though I have no evidence is that the Soviets used Nazi engineers to help the with the stamping technology for the AKM as they Soviets only had experience making stamped SMGs while the Nazis stamped the STG 44, MG 42 and parts for the K98.

It's fine to steal ideas lol but don't blatantly copy it then try and tell me o yeah look its original totally Soviet inspired...
I wouldn't call it a blatant copy, and it has M1 influence as well. That's pretty much the history of firearms design with few exceptions. I mean, the recoil spring going into the stock is more M16-like than AK-esque, for instance.

And Mikhail himself openly said it was STG-44 inspired, he never stated it was an ex nihilo divine inspiration design. Whether this movie crafts that story, I don't know. But Kalashnikov himself never made such a claim.

I wouldn't call it a blatant copy, and it has M1 influence as well. That's pretty much the history of firearms design with few exceptions. I mean, the recoil spring going into the stock is more M16-like than AK-esque, for instance.

And Mikhail himself openly said it was STG-44 inspired, he never stated it was an ex nihilo divine inspiration design. Whether this movie crafts that story, I don't know. But Kalashnikov himself never made such a claim.
I'm sure mikhail tweaked it obviously and added useful features. It's really the Russian propaganda around it that annoys me. And I do love the ak platform. Just don't do stupid crap like rails m4 stocks etc etc

I'm sure mikhail tweaked it obviously and added useful features. It's really the Russian propaganda around it that annoys me. And I do love the ak platform. Just don't do stupid crap like rails m4 stocks etc etc
People gush on the 1903 Springfield all the time and it's way, way more a German copy than the AK-47 is. So the propaganda works both ways, I guess.

If that movie was being made in the US in 2021 - Kalashnikov would be a lesbian black woman.
I can see a similar American movie made:
History of the 1911: The women that made it happen

Or some BS like the spring steel of the mainspring was once first used on a cotton gin modified by a slave or woman and therefore he/she invented the 1911

I have no evidence is that the Soviets used Nazi engineers to help the with the stamping technology for the AKM as they Soviets only had experience making stamped SMGs while the Nazis stamped the STG 44, MG 42 and parts for the K98.
just out of curiosity - what kind of an evidence and in what sources would you expect to find?

I can see a similar American movie made:
History of the 1911: The women that made it happen

Or some BS like the spring steel of the mainspring was once first used on a cotton gin modified by a slave or woman and therefore he/she invented the 1911
New and improved joanna sojurner truth browning and how she won 2 world wars

just out of curiosity - what kind of an evidence and in what sources would you expect to find?
I really can't remember the source, it may have been Ian from Forgotten Weapons, it's why I used the term plausible. I know for a fact the Russians struggled to make a stamped AK, the first AK was stamped and it didn't work right so they went back to milling as they knew the technology and it took them from 1947 to 1959 to develop a proper stamped AK known as the AKM. Seeing as they had German engineers in custody and the Germans stamped basically everything it wouldn't surprise me that they used some German help to get their stamping technology up to par to make assault rifles.

Weapon design and manufacturing don't always see eye to eye it's why John Garand was so great. He not only had the weapon design for the M1 Garand but knew how they could manufacture it.

Seeing as they had German engineers in custody and the Germans stamped basically everything it wouldn't surprise me that they used some German help to get their stamping technology up to par to make assault rifles.
in most siberian cities there were whole villages worth of germans. if you want to find any reminiscent evidence - you can try to look up overall count of repatriated germans and their descendants during 1990s.
none of those engineers or workers were listed by their names. but there was a lot of them. stalin exterminated a lot of engineers before the war, then a 20-60mln of males were killed on fronts plus processed into fertilizer in the gulag - and looking at the soviet union total of population - put the 2 and 2 together who was on those siberian factories in 1947.

If that movie was being made in the US in 2021 - Kalashnikov would be a lesbian black woman.
She wasn't?

It's like watching Das Boot overdubbed... horrible, original is much better with subtitles.
ca1a02ad1af983b134b645dd1a87b5a3.jpg

By the end, you'll think you know French.

Back
Top Bottom