• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK Magpul PMAGs are finally available

PMAG® MAGAZINES - PMAG® 30 AK MOE®, 7.62x39 Magazine

Damn I really need an AK.

So I just thought I'd share for you AK fans out there, Magpul delivers once again. Late Summer 2013 for free-states

466801_592976817381338_1935722267_o.jpg

Last edited:
Magpul said:
This will be the first installment of the Magpul AK magazine line. The AK MOE will be an all-polymer design, utilizing the same advanced materials and manufacturing processes as the rest of the PMAG line to achieve surprising durability. It features a removable floorplate, constant curve geometry, and high-reliability/low-friction follower for the performance you expect from a PMAG.

Due to the interface of rifle and magazine in the Kalashnikov platforms, and the leverage that critical points must withstand, we knew we couldn’t leave well-enough alone with the AK MOE before we even started designing. Also currently in development, and arriving on the heels of the AK MOE, is the next release in the PMAG AK lineup, which will be a 7.62x39 magazine with a little more “Bulgarian” in it, featuring solid steel reinforcements at lockup points.

That one sounds like the winner to me.

only their shotgun parts. then again the only magpul products i currently own are on lady atilla's rifle (MBUS). i got rid of all the rest of the stuff as i am low speed, high drag apparently. didn't like the grips, AFGs, etc. handguards are OK but i won't be buying any.

and yes, i meant only their shotgun shit is ugly as sin and an affront to god. it should all be collected and burned.

only their shotgun parts. then again the only magpul products i currently own are on lady atilla's rifle (MBUS). i got rid of all the rest of the stuff as i am low speed, high drag apparently. didn't like the grips, AFGs, etc. handguards are OK but i won't be buying any.

and yes, i meant only their shotgun shit is ugly as sin and an affront to god. it should all be collected and burned.

I like the forend for shotguns, that stock is ugly as sin though.

yeah, 7.62x39 is great and all, but how about all the other calibers. there is certainly no BIG need for more 7.62 AK mags. there aplenty of that stuff around, surplus and commercial variation are littering shelves of almost every gunshop across the country and inventories of online retailers. maybe not at the moment due to panic-buying, but... really?

however we can really use good quality supply of 5.56 and 5.45 AK mags.
and let's not discount 100s of thousands of imported saiga and it's owners who want to get more 308 and x54r mags that otherwise are almost attained unicorn-like status and sell for ridiculous amount of money

dumb move on magpul part not to feel those much needed gaps first. yeah, great we've got another 7.62x39 mag manufacturer. if only we didn't have a dozen of them already...

Last edited:
yeah, 7.62x39 is great and all, but how about all the other calibers. there is certainly no BIG need for more 7.62 AK mags. there aplenty of that stuff around, surplus and commercial variation are littering shelves of almost every gunshop across the country and inventories of online retailers. maybe not at the moment due to panic-buying, but... really?

however we can really use good quality supply of 5.56 and 5.45 AK mags.
and let's not discount 100s of thousands of imported saiga and it's owners who want to get more 308 and x54r mags that otherwise are almost attained unicorn-like status and sell for ridiculous amount of money

dumb move on magpul part not to feel those much needed gaps first. yeah, great we've got another 7.62x39 mag manufacturer. if only we didn't have a dozen of them already...

I agree. Even the 5.45 AK74 mags would have made more sense as an introduction to that platform. As you said, 7.62 mags aren't exactly hard to come by, and they are very tough, so they don't exactly wear out, or become easily damaged. This may be a situation though, like with AR mags that are greatly improved with better followers, or something, so if that's the case, then it's all good.[wink]

I agree. Even the 5.45 AK74 mags would have made more sense as an introduction to that platform. As you said, 7.62 mags aren't exactly hard to come by, and they are very tough, so they don't exactly wear out, or become easily damaged. This may be a situation though, like with AR mags that are greatly improved with better followers, or something, so if that's the case, then it's all good.[wink]

AKs had 'anti-tilt' followers from 1947, moreover mags are extremely reliable even though many of them counting down a 50-th birthday, so what exactly magpul managed to 'improve' remains to be seen, but as i said earlier - dumb choice on their part. and it's not like making two additional sets of molds for 5.56 and 5.45 requires undertaking tremendously long R&D activities.
tapco people got it right - moved into a market niche that was previously unoccupied and they did well for themselves, all considering. if they didn't have their rep tarnished by few less than stellar products in earlier years, they could have been on-par with magpul if not ahead, since they actually feel the market better and offer products at very attractive price point.

Last edited:
AKs had 'anti-tilt' followers from 1947, moreover mags are extremely reliable even though many of them counting down a 50-th birthday, so what exactly magpul managed to 'improve' remains to be seen, but as i said earlier - dumb choice on their part. and it's not like making two aditional sets of molds for 5.56 and 5.45 requires tremendously long R&D activities.
tapco people got it right - moved into a market niche that was previously unoccupied and the did well for themselves considering. if they didn't have their rep turnished by few less than stellar products in earlier years, they could have been on-par with magpul if not better, since they actually see the market opportunities better and offer products at very attractive price point.

Good points. I know the original follower is in essence anti-tilt already, but maybe they improved the actual smoothness of feeding, or something by using polymer.

Good points. I know the original follower is in essence anti-tilt already, but maybe they improved the actual smoothness of feeding, or something by using polymer.

nah, they probably just made a polymer mag and stamped magpul on it. magpul = sales.

i wouldn't kick magpul mags out of bed though. 8===>

Back
Top Bottom