• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK Magpul PMAGs are finally available

Good points. I know the original follower is in essence anti-tilt already, but maybe they improved the actual smoothness of feeding, or something by using polymer.
smoothness of feeding? [banana] yeay, that's exactly what my AK was missing. BRAVO magpul!
but jokes aside, only advantage of poly vs metal are weight saving and corrosion resistance (also strength when it comes to AR mags [rolleyes])
also from manufacturing standpoint plastic molding is A LOT less manufacture intensive and therefore cheaper to produce than steel mags. so there is that.
however i will doubt those manufacturing costs savings will be passed down to consumer. magpul execs will get higher profit margin/bonuses by doing so and we will still be paying for them more than for readily available imports and surplus just because it's mighty magpul.

i remember those suckers when they were still selling rubber loop/handles for magazines. they did good over the years, and wars in Middle East didn't exactly play a small role in their rise to the top of the Olympus. while they did great making other plastic shit they however never have graduated to a serious gun-maker status in my mind. they are still those boys who make dress-up accessories for air-soft mall ninjas. Masada for a little bit was promising but ultimately didn't live up to anyone's expectation really

Last edited:
I'd buy them just because I don't see a lot of steel mags in stores here and I don't want to order online and end up with one that's rusted or all scratched up. However, I trust the steel one more. I don't know how much lighter the polymers could be, that could be a plus, but I feel like my AK would GOUGE the hell out of these mags. I'll buy one when they're out and see how it handles everything.

Back
Top Bottom