ALERT! Anti's Protesting KTP Saturday December 8th

ALERT! Just got forwarded an email. Apparently the anti's plan on holding another protest outside Kittery Trading Post on Saturday December 8th from 12pm-2pm.

The anti's are trying to keep this on the down low since they got outnumbered the last time. Their plans have been foiled.

Here is the email:

I have been contacted by a well-informed source that there are plans underway for an anti-2A rally in front of Kittery Trading Post THIS Saturday, Dec 8th, between 12 p.m.- 2p.m. Organizers are attempting to keep things under wraps due to the opposition that peacefully protested to counter them last time. In other words, if you don't know what happened, they were outnumbered by 2A SUPPORTERS (YAY!)

It would be great to see that happen again!

PLEASE CONSIDER ATTENDING (and encourage your 2A-loving friends who may not be part of the club to attend as well. The more the merrier, right?).

SOME THINGS TO REMEMBER:

We would NOT being showing up as "representatives from the club." If you choose to attend, you are attending as an individual/regular person who supports gun rights. (NOTE: A non-confrontational and peaceful individual/regular person who supports gun rights... this part is very important). That said, please do not show up dressed head to toe in club apparel. Leave the battle rattle at home. The goal of all this is not to highlight or draw attention to the club, but to show our solid support for our 2A rights. People know that gun clubs support gun rights, that is not ambiguous so we don't need to teach anyone that. What needs to be seen is that regular, everyday, normal, responsible people who may or may not belong to a gun club support gun rights and we care very much about what happens to these rights.

Sidenote: Some of us belong to other clubs/organizations which strongly support 2A... I'm not telling anyone what to do, but, you know, sharing is caring and this information is worth sharing
1f609.png
;)

In conclusion, it would be great to see the anti-2A crowd peacefully outnumbered again. KTP was very gracious with the counter protestors last time handing out water and whatnot and I suspect it would be the same from them again.

What’s their protest about? I’ve always thought of KTP as a store that sells firearms as an afterthought and not their primary business (at least that’s how it’s been for the last 5-10 years). My house is only 20 minutes north of there so I’ll fight the holiday traffic/crowd to go there. Just an FYI it will be a holiday crowd = more sympathetic anti crowd. Is there an organized location for us to show up? Just walking around individually might not have the desired effect. I will wear my Christmas hat I also will avoid any camo, Gadsden flags and related just because of the crowd majority that will be there. I do have a sign somewhere that says Self Defense and Hunting are part of Maine’s heritage. Anyway that’s my take

What’s their protest about? I’ve always thought of KTP as a store that sells firearms as an afterthought and not their primary business (at least that’s how it’s been for the last 5-10 years). My house is only 20 minutes north of there so I’ll fight the holiday traffic/crowd to go there. Just an FYI it will be a holiday crowd = more sympathetic anti crowd. Is there an organized location for us to show up? Just walking around individually might not have the desired effect. I will wear my Christmas hat I also will avoid any camo, Gadsden flags and related just because of the crowd majority that will be there. I do have a sign somewhere that says Self Defense and Hunting are part of Maine’s heritage. Anyway that’s my take

If it's the same as the last one, they're protesting the fact that KTP sells black extra killy guns.

ALERT! Just got forwarded an email. Apparently the anti's plan on holding another protest outside Kittery Trading Post on Saturday December 8th from 12pm-2pm.

The anti's are trying to keep this on the down low since they got outnumbered the last time. Their plans have been foiled.

Here is the email:
Is this protest being held by the same gun prohibitionists--Maine and New Hampshire state pols--or a different civilian disarmament group?

does this mean we finally get to have our NES open carry event???

also, might want to add 2018 to the thread title, I almost skipped the thread thinking this might be referring to last year.

Last edited:
does this mean we finally get to have our NES open carry event???

also, might want to add 2018 to the thread title, I almost skipped the thread thinking this might be referring to last year.

Donno about open carry, but this seems like the perfect opportunity to break out the CCW sash!

Ktp has "morphed" over the years into a department store. However, their roots go back to that store being a hunting outfitter. They have alwayybsold fire arms and hunting gear.......their selection of hunting gear is the best I've found in New England. Basically....I'm saying as a hunter I've always viewed ktp as a gun shop that has a department store as an afterthought.....not the other way around as you describe. They have the largest selection of used long guns under one roof that I've ever seen. And yes......they sell the extra scary black rifles the antis despise. I'll be the woods with my son hoping to get some venison for the freezer......my days out there are limited as I missed the first week of the season due to surgery so I will not be able to attend the counter. Being the middle of huntkng season in Maine mass and NH I'm guessing that has something to do with the anti gun protesters plans in selecting the 8th as well.....

Best thing is to go spend some money before/after holding up a sign telling the protesters to f-off.

I wish I wasn't stuck doing other 2A work all day but perhaps I'll send some family up.

See the protesters outside? Screw them... here's some money. We're you're customers - they're just talk.

I love KTP but I don't go there for ammo. I will be there to make a purchase in support of the business. Maybe a bit of Christmas shopping. I absolutely plan on exercising my right to free speech if any of the protesters would like to chat.

There this AM buying some powder, place was pretty full. I would not want to be the person trying to screw up traffic any more than it will be. The wrath of disgruntled Christmas shoppers is mightier than the sword.

You sir, are a very well dressed man.
Aside from scrubs for work, 95% of my other clothes are jeans, boots, and either Harley, Pro 2a, or anti-stupidity/liberal t-shirts.

I have a couple pair of dockers, 3 dress shirts, and a suit. Suit is for weddings, funerals, and job interviews. Bought it close to 20 years ago. Black pinstripe, cuffs, pleated waist, double breasted. I imagine it's POSSIBLE to be more out of style, but it would take work. But it doesn't have holes, so IDGAF.

I love KTP but I don't go there for ammo.
KTP's exorbitant ammo prices are worthy of a protest
Yes, BUT, sometimes they have the only ammo of a particular flavor that you are looking for (i.e. some exotic hunting/target/defense load that I just want to try). Otherwise, meh. I used to go just for the occasional hard-to-find used gun.

Back
Top Bottom