Alert! Gun Hearing 4-24-2018

There will be a hearing in the House Judiciary on Tuesday April 24th, 2018, on a number of gun bills. Everything is on the table, including AWB, magazine restrictions, and every bad gun bill you can imagine. We had a good showing at the last hearing, but the antis will bring reinforcement this time so it is even more important that EVERYBODY shows up this time, and bring a friend!
The agenda with the time and please is posted. Even if you are not going to testify, you can attend the hearing and oppose the bills by signing the signup sheet.
AGENDA: HOUSE COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY

Wow. They are throwing everything at the wall this time hoping something sticks through to passage.. Not a RI res but will let my sister know. She is the Secretary of the Woonsocket Republican group and may be able to get some folks alerted and on the scene.

I was there and the amount of 2A reps was a beautiful thing to see. The strange thing is how there is no info on what happened with the bills. Usually we'll get a "held for further study" or something along those lines. I guess no news is good news. I hope

below is my post on rifol.org

Last testimony was around 12:45am. Lots of good testimony but what I took away from the night was
bills being introduced that are poorly written just to cause "discussion" on how to solve what they feel
are problems.

By 11:00pm or so half of the committee had already left for the evening and did not hear what the
citizens had to say. I don't feel the members of the committee care.

No bills were held or moved forward. I think this will go the route of the red flag and bump stock
bills and there will be no further discussion and possibly move straight to the floor.

It seemed to me a lot of the committee members were the ones who's bills were being heard, Canario and Knight, so the fact that they seemed uninterested and testy was a good thing. Maybe they realized or got wind that passage just wasn't going to happen. At least that's me being hopeful

Back
Top Bottom