All the blank space

Shows up when ever there is a quote in a post. Annoying, anything that can be done about it? Started with the vbulletin upgrade I think.

There is literally about 300 bugs in vB 4. With each maint upgrade they will slowly go away.

There is literally about 300 bugs in vB 4. With each maint upgrade they will slowly go away.

Only to be replaced with new ones. Ahhh, the never ending bug cycle in software QA. It keeps me employed (not with vB, tho).

This is a problem with compatability view in IE7/IE8 - to fix (until vB fixes it):

1. While in Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu, then click on Compatibility View Settings.

2. Uncheck Display all Websites in Compatibility View, then click the Close button.

This is a problem with compatability view in IE7/IE8 - to fix (until vB fixes it):

1. While in Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu, then click on Compatibility View Settings.

2. Uncheck Display all Websites in Compatibility View, then click the Close button.

Nowhere in my IE tools menu do I see "compatibility" or "compatibility view" or "display all websites." What next?

What version of IE are you using? If you are using IE6, you will see this problem by default and the only method of fixing it at this point is to upgrade to IE7 or IE8.

What version of IE are you using? If you are using IE6, you will see this problem by default and the only method of fixing it at this point is to upgrade to IE7 or IE8.
Thanks,
IE7 is in here, but I'm using Avant 11.7 as the default browser. The space is here when viewing the forum in either browser. There's also a little icon in the upper left corner of the space, and when the curser hovers over it a pop-up says "Default"

Last edited:
Avant sticks to using the compatibility mode for rendering, unfortunately. The issue should be fixed within a few weeks when a new version of vB is released.

It the same when I just use IE and don't even open Avant.
Not a big deal. It does seem like a big waste of space, though. Thanks again.

Thanks for this tip. I just tried it, and it makes the forum much easier to read and browse through. Rep points sent.

Back
Top Bottom