• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Alliant R-1200

Has anyone started playing with the new R-1200? Just picked some up a lil bit ago and am having trouble finding more recipes for it, they only list a couple on the site. It is primarily for .223 use, or so it says on the bottle [laugh]

any advice is helpful.

Last edited:
I think its in line with the power pro line of powder like "varmint " focused around the lighter bullets.
Alliant has to be the worst web site for updating there info. Ususally when you go to products link then select your powder there are more recipes but not for 1200? Alliant how ever has been very good when ever I have called or emailed about specific questions on data.

Quick look to alliant web site......nice one recipe.

Last edited:
Alliant was less than helpful in their email, so what we did was loaded it like H322. And it worked well, we loaded 50 gr Hornady Vmax to 2.250 OAL with 22.5 gr of the 1200R using CCI 400 primers. didnt have time to stretch them out but they grouped very well at 25 yards off hand.

if you boys get to try anything else, let me know. we may be the only people to put actual load data together for this powder. From what it says, its primarily meant for lighter projectiles but I'm going to try some 68gr + as soon as I can.

Back
Top Bottom