Alone.

if i remember right, bear makes no claims everything is real. i think he attaches a disclaimer at the end of his show stating most of the situations are recreated for the camera.

if i remember right, bear makes no claims everything is real. i think he attaches a disclaimer at the end of his show stating most of the situations are recreated for the camera.

I suggest rewatching the clip I posted and compare Bear's over dramatization compared to the reality

I thought Survivorman was more entertaining. He seemed to prepare himself for each environment and then shared what he learned. He got a little McGuyver at times but he was still Everyman, compared to SAS-vet Gryllis.

This sure made him "popular." It's "Glayshur" you twit, not "GlayCyur."

[video=youtube_share;I1zTjRrvdso]http://youtu.be/I1zTjRrvdso[/video]

Last edited:
I was amazed at how many of the people that were not hiking did absolutely nothing while waiting for the other person to arrive. Almost like they had no plans and didn't talk about what they should do. Everyone's plans should have been, find the best spot and build a kick ass shelter while you still have energy. Cut down and find as many 10' poles as you can find, ultimately the better the shelter the better your chances. If you built it in the wrong place, when the other person arrives at least you'll have the materials to rebuild and maybe even a bunch of dried wood.
They should not advertise them all as survival experts, they should be advertised as 'mostly some people that have spent some time in the woods near their homes'. Granted, we don't see all that has gone on, and that place is probably unlike any of us have been, but damn, I'm pretty sure I could last at least 5 days and would have some kind of a hard walled shelter after 2 days.

Noooooooo! Why did history lock out Episode 7? Guessing the rest will be locked so I am out for the rest of the season. Bummer

Really liked the previous seasons but can't seem to be able to get excited about this one. Maybe it's just me...

Its obvious why this season kinda sucks. They arent ALONE. Why they would take a show called "alone" whose beauty was the inner dialogue of people alone in the woods and make it a little partner camping trip with big brother or the hubby is beyond me. Should have focused more time on picking compelling, well spoken and interesting/talented individuals vs what they did.

the husband/wife team have my bet.

she's amazing. the shelter was like a condo!!

Agree 100%. She seems like the only one who accomplished something before their partner arrived. However, all it takes is one bad fall or miss with the ax an you are out.

if you can't get food, you AINT "set up". Dont waste valuable time and resources, so late in the year, on more than a tarp shelter. Animals and birds are going to migrate, hibernate, stay mostly "holed up". The salmon run is going to end. So your first few weeks there have to be spent catching 20+ lbs of fish per day. There's simply no way to keep you from taking the stuff you need to make over 1000 sq ft of 2" mesh netting and maybe 3x as much. If you know what to do with that netting, it will feed you very well, plus provide heads/guts for bait, which lets you catch a varied diet. On Vancouver, they could have juiced the kelp that was everywhere, but none of them had sense enough to do so. Given enough fish oil or animal fat, you can fry tree cambium, making it fairly palatable.

you mean Jose, the one who has a "survival school" He starved out and FAKED the canoe spill, so he could save face. That one?

Back
Top Bottom