• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Am I the only one...

who wishes he could use gun cleaning products on everyday household items. I just had the urge to spray down my George Foreman grill with Gun Scrubber, and it's not the first time. I almost used Hoppes on my toaster oven last week...

I wear Militec oil as cologne.

A bit more off topic but concerning scents, I have a cat you only see at feeding time...or..you wont believe this: At gun cleaning time.

He loves the smell of the solvents and over the years is at least 3 feet away from me as I clean. Wont leave until I dry fire either.

Great timing. My wife was laughing about this because I just used militec on a box cutter that was giving her trouble. And, some TC super lube on my snowblower.

I wear Militec oil as cologne.
To be perfectly honest i used remoil the other day on a squeaky door hinge

I did the same thing not all that long ago - hey, my gun cleaning kit's in the closet, and the WD-40 is in the basement. I was just being lazy.

Dammit, though, if the RemOil didn't do the job just perfectly. Not only did it take the squeak out, but now the door practically closes itself... [laugh]

Not quite the same.

For me it’s usually the opposite. I look at everyday items and think, “how can I re-purpose that to use in the shooting sports?”
Such as those small zippered mesh net bags they sell for laundering delicates. Well, they make wonderful brass bags. Brass stays in, dirt falls out.
Or, witness my home made range cart.

DSC03270.jpg

Old jogging stroller, free.
A couple of "U" mounts, $4 at home Cheapo.
Some pieces of velcro, $1.
Not having to carry your rifle, shotgun, pistol, and all of that ammo all over the range, priceless!

Or, witness my home made range cart.

DSC03270.jpg

Old jogging stroller, free.
A couple of "U" mounts, $4 at home Cheapo.
Some pieces of velcro, $1.
Not having to carry your rifle, shotgun, pistol, and all of that ammo all over the range, priceless!
Aww... how cute, you can bring your babies to the range all together! [laugh]

My wife has been selling Tupperware for years, our cellar abounds in all sorts of stackable air and liquid-tight storage containers in every shape and size. The cereal storers make very good ammo cans; they are translucent so you can see how full they are, airtight to prevent corrosion, and you just have to pop off the cap and pour out what you need for a day at the range!
p10055095000_detail.jpg

Plus, you get the lifetime guarantee against breakage. (shameless plug follows) She says she will give NES members a 10% discount...

Too funny, but I sure as hell used M-pro 7 to clean some carbon deposits from my chainsaw carb last winter, and I have even used it to clean sticker residue off before! It works great!

Back
Top Bottom