• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Amazon

I just ordered a Case knife through Amazon. It was a sowbelly pattern I was looking for with chrome vanadium blades. It was discontinued by case so when I saw it I bought it. I went to the venders website after the fact and saw he was selling it for $59 dollars instead of the $79 I had spent. Free shipping? I don’t think so.
Order the $59, return the $79.

Yeah, scamazon is retarded with what it will and will not ship here. It's funny. They let me buy red dots, scopes and tritium sights, but I can't buy a knife, pepper spray and muzzle brakes. I can buy AK screw kits for builds, but not trigger groups.... It's moronic and the company is run by shitlibs, but hey, it is useful as long as I'm not looking for certain things. Especially since I can't get half the shit I need locally.

Thus, perpetuating the false belief that they are illegal.
I wonder if I can buy a slingshot on Amazon.

The fact that so many states have varying laws on what is legal or illegal, especially with regards to some technicalities (illegal to sell? Or to make? Or to carry? Or to own? All different cases) really causes an issue for a company like Amazon, or Walmart, or any large online retailer. Yeah it sucks because Amazon usually has a decent selection of knives at reasonable prices, but I really don't blame them for being wary of selling certain knives or gun parts. It wouldn't be a stretch for the AG to reinterpret a law banning public carry to also be a law banning sale or possession. Then she could "catch" Amazon "illegally" selling something "dangerous", and have a huge win against a MASSIVE corporation to use as a platform.

Check out Massachusetts knife laws and you will understand why companies will not ship knives to Massachusetts. I will not quote the law or reference to it, you’re going to have to look it up yourself but you’ll understand once you read it.

Check out Massachusetts knife laws and you will understand why companies will not ship knives to Massachusetts. I will not quote the law or reference to it, you’re going to have to look it up yourself but you’ll understand once you read it.
Illegal to sell, illegal to carry, not illegal to own. Broad. Entirely arbitrary.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section10 said:
Whoever, except as provided by law, carries on his person, or carries on his person or under his control in a vehicle, any stiletto, dagger or a device or case which enables a knife with a locking blade to be drawn at a locked position, any ballistic knife, or any knife with a detachable blade capable of being propelled by any mechanism, dirk knife, any knife having a double-edged blade, or a switch knife, or any knife having an automatic spring release device by which the blade is released from the handle, having a blade of over one and one-half inches,...or whoever, when arrested upon a warrant for an alleged crime, or when arrested while committing a breach or disturbance of the public peace, is armed with or has on his person, or has on his person or under his control in a vehicle, a billy or other dangerous weapon other than those herein mentioned and those mentioned in paragraph (a), shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than two and one-half years nor more than five years in the state prison, or for not less than six months nor more than two and one-half years in a jail or house of correction, except that, if the court finds that the defendant has not been previously convicted of a felony, he may be punished by a fine of not more than fifty dollars or by imprisonment for not more than two and one-half years in a jail or house of correction.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section12 said:
Whoever manufactures or causes to be manufactured, or sells or exposes for sale, an instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as a dirk knife, a switch knife or any knife having an automatic spring release device by which the blade is released from the handle, having a blade of over one and one-half inches or a device or case which enables a knife with a locking blade to be drawn at a locked position, any ballistic knife, or any knife with a detachable blade capable of being propelled by any mechanism, ...shall be punished by a fine of not less than fifty nor more than one thousand dollars or by imprisonment for not more than six months

Order the $59, return the $79.
I thought about it. It’s a third party vendor and he’s not a big dealer. I figured I might not get another one or at least the same fit&finish, plus it’s a discontinued pattern. I’ve returned stuff from other third party amazon dealers and you get a bit of attitude. I think it goes against them.

Yeah, scamazon is retarded with what it will and will not ship here. It's funny. They let me buy red dots, scopes and tritium sights, but I can't buy a knife, pepper spray and muzzle brakes. I can buy AK screw kits for builds, but not trigger groups.... It's moronic and the company is run by shitlibs, but hey, it is useful as long as I'm not looking for certain things. Especially since I can't get half the shit I need locally.
Interesting. Last month I ordered two sets of knives from Amazon, 6 steak knives, and some nice cooking knives. No issues.

I had no trouble getting one.
2012-06-04-Sprayracha.jpg

Question: What is more egregious than Amazon not shipping knives to states?
Answer: States having knife laws to begin with!

The fact that I can walk into a store and buy a meat cleaver or a muzzleloader in this state but can't get a little switchblade is ridiculous.

The fact that many of us have a LTC A unrestricted yet can't by law carry a knife is just crazy. Funny thing is nobody bats an eye at knives on belts or clipped to pockets.

You can thank Ted Kennedy for that. Movies like Rebel Without a Cause put a stigma on them. You can get switchblades here and around Mass. The law just says no. I always thought it was ironic that you can get away with a sheath knife but not a switchblade. A sheath knife, the blade is deployed as soon as it’s in your hand.

You can thank Ted Kennedy for that. Movies like Rebel Without a Cause put a stigma on them. You can get switchblades here and around Mass. The law just says no. I always thought it was ironic that you can get away with a sheath knife but not a switchblade. A sheath knife, the blade is deployed as soon as it’s in your hand.

I've read that before, all the stiletto, g-knife, and switchblade laws were basically anti gang laws from the 60's. But fixed blades are sportsman's knives, not weapons :rolleyes:I use my folder to do almost any cutting I needed in 15 years of running around in the woods and working. I think I used the big fixed I had to carve a pumpkin and I loaned it out to cut up a deer. Other than that it's been a folder for everything else.

I might pick up a kabar necker so I can have a smaller knife that's concealable. Sometimes I feel a little weird with a pocket clip (because I pick up on everyone with a pocket clip that walks by, and I'm sure I've been "made" before) walking around and would prefer something I could mount on my belt and cover with a shirt.

And yeah if you know where to look you can get real switchblades in MA, let alone assisted knives. Or go out of state. Or have leo/mil friends.

I've read that before, all the stiletto, g-knife, and switchblade laws were basically anti gang laws from the 60's. But fixed blades are sportsman's knives, not weapons :rolleyes:I use my folder to do almost any cutting I needed in 15 years of running around in the woods and working. I think I used the big fixed I had to carve a pumpkin and I loaned it out to cut up a deer. Other than that it's been a folder for everything else.

I might pick up a kabar necker so I can have a smaller knife that's concealable. Sometimes I feel a little weird with a pocket clip (because I pick up on everyone with a pocket clip that walks by, and I'm sure I've been "made" before) walking around and would prefer something I could mount on my belt and cover with a shirt.

And yeah if you know where to look you can get real switchblades in MA, let alone assisted knives. Or go out of state. Or have leo/mil friends.
I’ve always carried traditional pocketknives. Usually a three blade stockman. Never had a problem. I did pull it out once to cut something and a lib pointed at it and said “look, he has a weapon.” I handed it to her and said “ here, try to open it. “ She got frustrated and handed it back. Idiots.

Self help is discouraged in Massachusetts. Be thankful they even decided that you could carry pepper spray without an LTC. I'd love to see what happens to someone who actually uses it to defend themselves. I would hope the cops and the DA wouldn't go full retard, but then again I've met cops who still think it's illegal to have pepper spray without an unrestricted LTC-A. o_O

I figured out how Amazon saves a ton of money on shipping, by hiring illegals and not registering their trucks:

Amazon delivery truck overturns in Danbury; ICE holding driver in custody | New Hampshire

DANBURY — Danbury police advise that if area residents are waiting for an Amazon delivery Saturday, they could face a delay.

A truck carrying Amazon packages rolled over shortly after 4 a.m. on Route 4 near the Grafton town line, officials said.

The driver was charged with speeding, operating an unregistered vehicle, and motor vehicle violations, police said.

The federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement staff are holding the driver in custody.

The driver faces a hearing Monday to discuss immigration status
, officials said.

I rarely buy anything from Amazon, the only times I do is when I can't find it anywhere else or I can't find it for a low enough price. Bill Goforth's books on Iver Johnson and H&R? Yup, Amazon is about the only choice. Nice pair of underwear or socks? Yes. Schrade OTF knife? Sure.

If any other of my favorite retailers has it, I'm buying it through them and telling Baldy Bezos to fug off with his billions and big muscly arms.

Amazon has become what Walmart was 10 years ago. People are now okay with Walmart because they at least create jobs locally, Amazon is some warehouse filled with underpaid and overworked people, most of which are not natural born American citizens. Given that it's a website and some states don't charge sales tax for goods sold through Amazon, I can see anti trust action taken against Amazon and it being split up for each state, then everything sold on Amazon will get hit with a sales tax, which at that point, if it's something you can buy at a store locally so you didn't have to wait 2 days to have it dropped off on your porch and stolen by the drug addict neighbor to buy more drugs, why wouldn't you just go to a store and buy it?

Amazon's days are numbered.

Amazon’s primary business isn’t retail sales. It is web hosting services and cloud computing. They could shut down the retail operation overnight and still be a multinational multi billion dollar company.

As far as antitrust, they are no different than Sears Roebuck in their peak catalogue era.

As far as antitrust, they are no different than Sears Roebuck in their peak catalogue era.
They are far bigger than Sears as they're a worldwide company. Sears was a retailer no different than Walmart is today and nobody is calling for anti-trust action against Walmart. Amazon's only real competition right now is Walmart actually.

I rarely buy anything from Amazon, the only times I do is when I can't find it anywhere else or I can't find it for a low enough price. Bill Goforth's books on Iver Johnson and H&R? Yup, Amazon is about the only choice. Nice pair of underwear or socks? Yes. Schrade OTF knife? Sure.

If any other of my favorite retailers has it, I'm buying it through them and telling Baldy Bezos to fug off, why wouldn't you just go to a store and buy it?

I prefer shopping from my recliner.

I prefer shopping from my recliner.
Okay, maybe in Massachusetts, especially north of B-town where there are so many f'ing people, I can see not wanting to sit at a stop and wait 10 minutes to take a left or driving over roads that are in just slightly better condition than after bombing the Highway of Death in the Gulf War.

But most of the country doesn't live in the shytehole of the Greater Boston Metropolis.

They don't sell because they're a bunch of weak shitbirds, not because it has anything to do with the law.

Amazon sold assisted openers into MA for YEARS and just stopped doing it recently.

-Mike

Okay, maybe in Massachusetts, especially north of B-town where there are so many f'ing people, I can see not wanting to sit at a stop and wait 10 minutes to take a left or driving over roads that are in just slightly better condition than after bombing the Highway of Death in the Gulf War.

But most of the country doesn't live in the shytehole of the Greater Boston Metropolis.

LOL, it has absolutely nothing to do with that. I live like 40+ miles away from that and I use Amazon all the
time.... It has everything to do with the fact that, using conventional retail, for boring items (eg, stuff that isn't extremely special or expensive) that aren't time sensitive... is a horrendous waste of time.

Think of the transaction costs. Amazon sells a rice cooker I bought for like $28 + ma tax. That means its probably $29.75. Think of the alternative to that. I work 50+ hours a week. I'm not going out on a weeknight to a retail store at 8pm to buy that shit, that's just not f***ing happening. I might get to a grocery store once a week on a weeknight but I even hate doing that, because that's a total f***ing waste of time, too. So that means if I want the rice cooker I have to burn up a half an hour, to an hour of my time, on a weekend, to buy a $29 rice cooker. That's just f***ing stupid, like, on it's face- between the time, the gas, the higher probability of my car getting dinged up by the teeming retard masses at retail, catching a cold, disease from people hacking and yewing, or snotgobblers and toddlers leaving disease goo on everything, etc. Then on top of all that shit, by the time I get back to my car I've purchased that rice cooker for exactly the same as the amazon price, plus all the risk, and the costs of my wasted time, etc. It doesn't make any sense when I can press a button and the "thing" appears at my doorstep in 2 days. IMHO generic-market retail is mostly hell on earth.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom