• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Amazon

LOL, it has absolutely nothing to do with that. I live like 40+ miles away from that and I use Amazon all the
time.... It has everything to do with the fact that, using conventional retail, for boring items (eg, stuff that isn't extremely special or expensive) that aren't time sensitive... is a horrendous waste of time.

Think of the transaction costs. Amazon sells a rice cooker I bought for like $28 + ma tax. That means its probably $29.75. Think of the alternative to that. I work 50+ hours a week. I'm not going out on a weeknight to a retail store at 8pm to buy that shit, that's just not f***ing happening. I might get to a grocery store once a week on a weeknight but I even hate doing that, because that's a total f***ing waste of time, too. So that means if I want the rice cooker I have to burn up a half an hour, to an hour of my time, on a weekend, to buy a $29 rice cooker. That's just f***ing stupid, like, on it's face- between the time, the gas, the higher probability of my car getting dinged up by the teeming retard masses at retail, catching a cold, disease from people hacking and yewing, or snotgobblers and toddlers leaving disease goo on everything, etc. Then on top of all that shit, by the time I get back to my car I've purchased that rice cooker for exactly the same as the amazon price, plus all the risk, and the costs of my wasted time, etc. It doesn't make any sense when I can press a button and the "thing" appears at my doorstep in 2 days. IMHO generic-market retail is mostly hell on earth.

-Mike

A rice cooker? Lol, I have ordered deodorant, shaving cream, disposable razors, undershirts, shoes, bathing suits for my kids, bar soap, 3-1 shampoo/conditioner/bodywash for my kids, protein powder, dress shoes, sneakers, all manner of clothing, phone chargers.... A lot of those items listed I have ordered singly with one click. I knew I was lazy when I ordered a six pack of deodorant w/ one click and it showed up two days later. I needed dress shoes that I used to buy from DSW (I work in an office), found the exact same ones I always get for the same price on Amazon, I know my size so I one-clicked them, got them in two days and avoided having to go to shopping plaza after work. Everything gets delivered to the office and I can print out return labels and send back anything I don't like (ok, so one of my employees takes care of it for me). drgrant has it right, I'm not making a special trip to walmart for the little stuff anymore, it just isn't worth my time/headache when I can order the stuff quickly and for roughly the same price on Amazon.

Last edited:
I hardly ever order on Amazon. I want to see what it is I am buying, and hold it in my hands first. Last thing I need is to be packing things up to send back, or dealing with making sure credit cards get refunded properly. I'll use it for obscure things that come with a good review or reference, or something I can't find locally but know what it is and what I'm willing to pay (vitamins, allergy pills once a year, that kind of stuff).

I order occasionally from amazon, and most of the stuff I order online comes from there. Only things I don’t are obscure specialty items. I said it in this thread before, but to reiterate, you should be able to get whatever you want on amazon. Just buy from another seller. They will send you all the legal items you want.

The other day the Ammoland blog positively recommended a book for children called "Toys, Tools, Guns and Rules" as a good book to help teach tool and gun safety to children. The article said the book was available on Amazon. So I go to Amazon and the book was there, but when I tried to save it on my wish list it appeared to be blocked. So I ordered it right away.
I
believe Bezos is a committed Anti, so I am often surprised by amount of gun related stuff there as well as the Comm2A connection.

The book is due to arrive tomorrow. I'll post a review here.

I have heard about that, how exactly does it work? 8% of what I order from Amazon is quite a tidy sum, lol.
It is kind of unclear 100% how their affiliate purchases work as far as if you have to use the link to shop and add to cart or if just checking out with the link is enough. As well as there not being any verification that the purchases counted towards it, however I just use the shop.comm2a.org link for when I do any of my shopping and hope for the best.

It is kind of unclear 100% how their affiliate purchases work as far as if you have to use the link to shop and add to cart or if just checking out with the link is enough. As well as there not being any verification that the purchases counted towards it, however I just use the shop.comm2a.org link for when I do any of my shopping and hope for the best.

If you post the actual link I may just try it. Adding www. got me nowhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom