• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ambushed police officer thankful the suspect carried a Taurus

mikeyp

NES Member

The concept of a shotgun pistol sure sounds cool, but the effectiveness of this weapon is still questionable.

A Deputy Sheriff from Troup County Georgia was allegedly ambushed by a suspect carrying a Taurus Judge loaded with .410 shotgun shells.

No, Deputy Michael Hockett was not trespassing. The property owner and suspect’s father requested what is known as a “welfare check” for his 28-year-old son, Matthew Edmondson. This is a completely legal and constitutional police function requested by the property owner. Even if Deputy Hockett had been trespassing, which he was not, Edmondson broke the law first by shooting the deputy’s vehicle and again by pursuing the fleeing deputy.

Ultimately whether the deputy should have been there or not is inconsequential. The point of this video is to show the ineffectiveness of .410 shot fired from a shotgun pistol. Had Edmondson been packing .45 long colts it may have been a completely different story that would have likely ended Deputy Hockett’s life.

Taurus is not the problem, expecting a .410 round from a pistol to carry more than 30 feet IS.

30 feet?

If it was effective at 5 feet I would be amazed

30 feet?

If it was effective at 5 feet I would be amazed

At that distance it would be devastating/deadly.

ETA the above link does not work.

That is a bizarre one. Not as bizarre as the snow removal murders.But at least There was some provocation by the person being shot in that one

A simple 30 foot high pile of stumps could’ve solved this entire issue once again…

From now on i refer to them as “safety stumps”

If the Nazis had used stumps on normandy beach we would’ve lost the war….

Cop should have went behind the tree and dropped him as he was running down the driveway

It definitely looks like the cop was zigging and zagging as he was fleeing…

With all the legitimate reasons to shoot people I don’t quite get this guy’s reaction to the police being parked outside of his gate…..There’s got to be a lot more to this story

At least he was nice enough to jump the gate the police usually just drive around mine…

I only got on those apps a couple times…It’s not click click click click. Swipe left, swipe right.

I’m the kind of guy who When something is free I still leave a 20 on their nightstand.

I hope everybody goes through that phase. Shits just scary now

The true weapon of mass destruction

Attachments

• 368F1527-09A8-46CA-9064-90843F18C611.jpeg
    368F1527-09A8-46CA-9064-90843F18C611.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 7
it becomes a weapon of @$$ destruction if you use it to wipe instead of leaves
Who wipes? Practice makes perfect.

I miss wearing socks or underwear because at least I always had something to wipe with. With age comes wisdom

Back
Top Bottom