Ammo for sale, bring your organs

My guess, like most of us who bought ammo and components when it was much cheaper prices, are sitting on a small fortune....
Will we see it traded for Precious metals soon? Time will tell.

I brought my son out to shoot last week and each squeeze of the trigger made me wince a little. Will prices ever get back to somewhat reasonable?

I brought my son out to shoot last week and each squeeze of the trigger made me wince a little. Will prices ever get back to somewhat reasonable?
Sorry man, I would tell you what future ammo prices will be but my crystal ball is in the repair shop.

I brought my son out to shoot last week also - seriously.

Between watching his kids, (divorced with three), working and buying a house - he's had no free time in what seems like forever. He told me last week that he hadn't been to the range in two years. I told him I was going to shoot Steel Challenge that Saturday and he should come with me.

He did, it was great day - spending time having fun with my son, instead of working on projects with him. Between my house, his house and the cars - I can't remember the last time we just went and had fun.

He brought his Sig320, I brought two G34's - one w and one w/o optics. I also brought my Ruger PCC without telling him, and when we got there asked if he'd like to shoot it. 5 stages, 5 strings, 5 targets - 125 rounds minimum per gun - if you don't miss. Simple match says we shot at least 500 rounds.

Then we went to my club to test out his AR. And mag-dumped the Ruger some more.

I figure we dumped at least 700 rounds of 9mm and 90 rounds of .223.

The four of us, (me, my wife, him, his girlfriend), went out to dinner that night - he paid.

I think in about two years prices will be back to somewhat normal. There's plenty of ammo being manufactured, but it's being bought as fast as it makes it to the shelves. If you don't have a stockpile, and I mean a STOCKPILE, or you aren't reloading with components on hand - you're in for a nasty couple of years. This is worse than Obama after Sandy Hook.

I brought my son out to shoot last week also - seriously.

Between watching his kids, (divorced with three), working and buying a house - he's had no free time in what seems like forever. He told me last week that he hadn't been to the range in two years. I told him I was going to shoot Steel Challenge that Saturday and he should come with me.

He did, it was great day - spending time having fun with my son, instead of working on projects with him. Between my house, his house and the cars - I can't remember the last time we just went and had fun.

He brought his Sig320, I brought two G34's - one w and one w/o optics. I also brought my Ruger PCC without telling him, and when we got there asked if he'd like to shoot it. 5 stages, 5 strings, 5 targets - 125 rounds minimum per gun - if you don't miss. Simple match says we shot at least 500 rounds.

Then we went to my club to test out his AR. And mag-dumped the Ruger some more.

I figure we dumped at least 700 rounds of 9mm and 90 rounds of .223.

You are doing it right BTW. other than destroying bad guys, alien-zombies and tyranny this is what having the stock pile is for.

I was just perusing the Firearm Accessories page, and I was impressed with the cajones that some folks have. Call it the free market, or Econ 101, or supply and demand, but WTF?! Some dude is charging $40 for a box of .45 hardball, the same stuff I bought for $15.99 not that long ago. It makes me want to play the song by the Dead Kennedys-"Let's Lynch the Landlord".

I'm all for making a profit, and most NESers are making a few bucks due to their good timing and/or good luck, and I applaud that, but some people are are charging what some folks have called "rape prices". I shouldn't get too hung up on it, I know, and I suppose they might have difficulty selling, but who thinks that the first time there's a crisis-let me screw my fellow gunnies for a few bucks-which means not much more long term than dishonor.

Yeah, I expect the flamers.

View: https://youtu.be/XpS4fCF4tqo?t=20

I was just perusing the Firearm Accessories page, and I was impressed with the cajones that some folks have. Call it the free market, or Econ 101, or supply and demand, but WTF?! Some dude is charging $40 for a box of .45 hardball, the same stuff I bought for $15.99 not that long ago. It makes me want to play the song by the Dead Kennedys-"Let's Lynch the Landlord".

I'm all for making a profit, and most NESers are making a few bucks due to their good timing and/or good luck, and I applaud that, but some people are are charging what some folks have called "rape prices". I shouldn't get too hung up on it, I know, and I suppose they might have difficulty selling, but who thinks that the first time there's a crisis-let me screw my fellow gunnies for a few bucks-which means not much more long term than dishonor.

Yeah, I expect the flamers.
Buhahahaaaa join the Democrats party and regulate prices

at today's prices that's.........<tap> <tap> <click <click> $790 worth of ammo!! 😳

I can't think of it like that.
I reload 9mm, and I have quite a bit loaded and components to load quite a bit more.
I'm banking on reasonable prices a couple of years from now. Right now I'm not buying much of anything, just bullets.

I'm not shooting my .308 or much of my .223/5.56 because I don't have large quantities of ammo for them, and I want to keep it on the shelves.

Back
Top Bottom