• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo sales in RI?

So my son lives in RI and often orders his ammo online. He was asking if he will be able to continue to do that once the new RI laws hit the books on Jan 1. Anyone know ?

With regard to the OP's question, there's nothing in the new law precluding online sales, but I'm guessing that it will be up to the individual retailer as to whether they will sell and ship to RI residents. They will probably now require that an individual purchasing ammo online, provide a copy of their Blue Card or Concealed Carry Permit, similar to how it's handled with many other states..

Frank

So someone from MA can't buy ammo in RI anymore without a nonresident license?
NO, You would need a RI blue card, tests can be taken at most any gun store, there is no difference between resident and non resident

The blue card is not a licence, It is proof of a safety test, similar to hunters safety card that that can also be used to buy ammo, If you truly think this is a NEW level of stupidity, you must not know to much about MA gun laws
Looking at 62 years old shortly and was a MA gun owner for 41 of those years I can assure you . . .

Most online retailers are probably not going to know or will have some sort of checkbox asking if they are a holder of a valid safety or hunter card.

I guess from now on I'll have to carry my blue card whenever I go to Walmart and spot some ammo I want in the case.

So someone from MA can't buy ammo in RI anymore without a nonresident license?

I certainly feel safer.

What's the age to get a firearms permit?? If it's 18, how does one buy ammernishun for said guns if you have to wait until 21?

I certainly feel safer.

What's the age to get a firearms permit?? If it's 18, how does one buy ammernishun for said guns if you have to wait until 21?
Psst! Hey, Mister. Excuse me. Listen, I need ammo for my 22, but the laws here are dumb. Can you help a fella out? Here's a couple $20s...You're the greatest!

They pulled this crap because they want to stop sales of ammo to anyone under 21 because in RI you need the blue card to buy a pistol and now they've extended it out for ammo purchases also. Hopefully lawsuits will get to deal with this but the only lawsuit I know of is one against the magazine ban

So my son lives in RI and often orders his ammo online. He was asking if he will be able to continue to do that once the new RI laws hit the books on Jan 1. Anyone know ?
The way I read it:

1. Buy a lot of ammo NOW.

2. You can still buy ammo, but online retailers will probably ask you to send then a copy of the card.

Because of the card, a few will stop selling, but the big ones that have balls and usually better prices will continue to do it.

Back
Top Bottom