Ammo shipping to NH

I have friends in NH and I had a question about it.

I know in NH you don't need a license to possess ammo but I was curious if the companies generally required one or if they shipped no questions asked.

If your shipping and billing address don't match most companies won't ship, otherwise I have never heard of any companies that won't ship to NH

We could argue the 18 thing, 21 for sure, the 18-21 thing could get sticky on some calibers that are assumed to be handgun rounds.

You could argue the 9mm was for a AR set up to shoot it, but I think you would have a hard time convincing anyone you need a case of .380, .38 Spl, or .357 Mag or Sig for your rifle.

We could argue the 18 thing, 21 for sure, the 18-21 thing could get sticky on some calibers that are assumed to be handgun rounds.

You could argue the 9mm was for a AR set up to shoot it, but I think you would have a hard time convincing anyone you need a case of .380, .38 Spl, or .357 Mag or Sig for your rifle.

I have a Marlin lever action that shoots .38Spl/.357 Mag. When the clerks at Walmart ask if it's for pistol or rifle I tell them it's for both. Usually I get a funny look and they sell it to me without any further questions.

Only a handful of states license ammo possession in any way.

I know in NH you don't need a license to possess ammo but I was curious if the companies generally required one or if they shipped no questions asked.
I've never heard of a company asking NH residents for a copy of Carry permit . Given that just 4% of New Hampshire citizens have a CHL, it'd be a poor business decision to, for example, require a state pistol permit to order rifle ammo.

Ammoman gives customers the option to have a copy of their Driver's License on file, strictly as proof of age. Without it they'll still ship, but with an "Adult Signature Required" notation, so UPS won't just drop the package on the front porch and run.

From the article:

Roughly one in 25 people in Greater Nashua is licensed to carry a concealed gun

I think the state-wide number is significantly higher than 4%. That being said, as far as I am aware there is no actual data. New Hampshire (as a state) does not keep data on the number of pistol/revolver licenses. Individual towns may keep that data, but not the state.

4% seems to be the average for shall-issue states; I agree, our rate, including the north, is probably somewhat above average.

Telegraph said:
Tiny Lyndeborough, for example, has almost four times as many concealed weapons permits per capita as does Nashua. In fact, there’s more than one permit for every 10 residents in that town.
And to think I passed on buying a house in Lyndeborough.

The Winchester Lever Rifles are available chambered in 38 Spl and .357.

My point is your run of the mill Wally World employee has been told that if someone is under 21, they can only buy rifle ammo, and some know nothing manager had probably told them that means .223, 30-06, and other common calibers.

They have also probably been told that other calibers are considered handgun rounds that can't be sold to anyone under 21.

There is no reason to believe that other sources are not following the same script. Nobody wants to sell someone under 21 a case of .380 ammo and get questioned by the feds as to why they did.

Yes I know there are exceptions to the norm and there are rifles that shoot what most people consider handgun rounds, but if you are under 21 and try to purchase those calibers expect to be challenged.

I have friends in NH and I had a question about it.

I buy a lot of 9mm online (many different retailers) and it's always been shipped no questions asked, only gave standard shipping info. I usually buy several 1000 rd cases at a time when a cheap deal pops up.

Yeah my buddy just recently moved to NH and didn't want to get in any trouble doing it.

What trouble? There is nothing illegal and good luck to MA enforcing their laws in NH. Marsha can go pound sand.

As for a credit card having a different billing address, how about using a Visa gift card? If you have an account at TD bank there aren't any fees for gift cards.

Back
Top Bottom