• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo Shortage To Continue Until Summer 2021

Its going to take a while for folks to run out of money, manufactures to catch up .....owell been through this before.
Im stocked up for my needs, already switched to 22lr and just put fresh paint on my steel for the pellet guns. Did a inventory I have about 50 years worth of pellets and BBs to burn through

I know how much I shoot. For instance I am good for about 9k - 10k a year in 9mm. Right now I have about 6k. I am good for about 2k of 5.56 and I have about 4.5k. I am good for about 2500 38spl and I have 1500. That's what I mean.
Yeah average range day is between 12-1500 rounds usually half a case of 556 half of 9 then a few hundred misc calibers

Summer 2021? [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMWsO_-X7Y

They dreamin. They smoking some crack. That would be likely if Trump was getting back in, but now with Biden + dems (and a possible dem control of senate) looming, the fear alone by them promoting the most expansive gun control platform put forth by any administration (and party platform) in US history.... yeah good luck with getting people to not buy ammo.

I mean at some point I do think this will go "steady state" and some supplies will return, but that "steady state" is going to be fragile and still somewhat expensive. Think things like 40 cpr 9mm
and 50 cpr 223/556 being a "norm" for likely years, etc, with the potential to get worse at the drop of a hat if a shit anti gun bill gets pushed.

There's free market and then there's price gouging. I don't like price gouging. TSU charging $30 for a box of $11 ammo? Makes me rethink my membership with them.

I don't think you know what "price gouging" really is.

LMAO if the market supports $30 a box for ammo (and right now, it does) then guess what, it's $30 a box. Once in a blue moon you can find someone selling it for less than $25, but that's going to be exceptionally rare. The ground norm right now for 500 or 1000 rd cases is 70 CPR or more, which works out to about $35. Let me put it this way, if I had cases of 9mm, I
could sell it all day long for 35 bucks a box. I've seen some vendors getting 37, easily.

So would you prefer that TS price ammo lower so that you have EVEN LESS chance of getting it? If it was priced at say, like $20 a box there would be double the amount of robot accounts
set up to buy that shit, and you'd have even less chance to buy it than you do now. At least right not it lasts what, like 5 minutes? [laugh]

Lol. I did an average of 30.5 days per month not knowing what months he'd pick... [rofl2]

Summer 2021? [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMWsO_-X7Y

They dreamin. They smoking some crack. That would be likely if Trump was getting back in, but now with Biden + dems (and a possible dem control of senate) looming, the fear alone by them promoting the most expansive gun control platform put forth by any administration (and party platform) in US history.... yeah good luck with getting people to not buy ammo.

I mean at some point I do think this will go "steady state" and some supplies will return, but that "steady state" is going to be fragile and still somewhat expensive. Think things like 40 cpr 9mm
and 50 cpr 223/556 being a "norm" for likely years, etc, with the potential to get worse at the drop of a hat if a shit anti gun bill gets pushed.

This.

ipkxgjvbxf361.jpg

I don't want to give a count, but I have quite a bit and given the current supply situation, I don't think its enough. However I will not pay crazy prices. I backed ordered a bunch at optics planet at close to normal prices. Some already came it, I will wait for the rest

LMAO if the market supports $30 a box for ammo (and right now, it does) then guess what, it's $30 a box. Once in a blue moon you can find someone selling it for less than $25, but that's going to be exceptionally rare. The ground norm right now for 500 or 1000 rd cases is 70 CPR or more, which works out to about $35. Let me put it this way, if I had cases of 9mm, I
could sell it all day long for 35 bucks a box. I've seen some vendors getting 37, easily.
9mm Ammo SALE! [rofl2]

1607369860227.png
Prime : $27.59 /$0.55 Per Round

SELECT :
- select - Box of 50 Case of 1000 (20 Boxes of 50) - Free Shipping
AVAILABLE : 99+ IN STOCK

I can't wait till it all settles down to see the used gun market rocket when all these new gun owners start selling their unused guns.
I'm going to save the money I have now instead of buying 50rd boxes of 9mm for $30 and buy so much shit when the used market sky rockets.

I doubt supply will catch up by the summer 2021. Maybe if enough people stop buying and shooting during winter.

But as soon as the weather gets nice and competition starts again, you will see a surge in demand.

I don't think its going to have much to do with that. This next phase is going to be all political garbage, especially depending the outcome of the GA senate
race garbage, which doesn't look good. I honestly dont think comp. shooters are the bulk of the ammo buys right now... maybe hitting bullets and primers hard,
sure... but that will level out eventually. The dude (or lady) that burns off 500 rds a range visit usually isn't going to be paying market price. They will wait. Or they will load their
own ammo, etc. They draw lines in the sand about what they are willing to pay or not, and don't cross it. They will cut back shooting before they overpay past their personal threshold of
pain. Like for example right now, there's no way I would ever pay more than 50 cpr for 9mm, 223, or 556.... unless its a JHP or a speciality/match round. If my reserves ever get low I would
just cut back shooting WAAAAAAAY before doing stupid shit like paying .$0.70 or $1/round for something like that. Noobs can get punched in the rectum with that crap, but I'm not putting myself there.

I can't wait till it all settles down to see the used gun market rocket when all these new gun owners start selling their unused guns.
I'm going to save the money I have now instead of buying 50rd boxes of 9mm for $30 and buy so much shit when the used market sky rockets.

You dreaming. Or let me put it this way, if you're looking for that you better have your nose to the pavement, because that window will come up and it isn't going to last very
long. It might be a month or so at the most. There is some rebound but its not as dramatic as one would be led to believe- it's not like there are ever enough guns dumped all at once to make
the market change radically.

I don't think its going to have much to do with that. This next phase is going to be all political garbage, especially depending the outcome of the GA senate
race garbage, which doesn't look good. I honestly dont think comp. shooters are the bulk of the ammo buys right now... maybe hitting bullets and primers hard,
sure... but that will level out eventually. The dude (or lady) that burns off 500 rds a range visit usually isn't going to be paying market price. They will wait. Or they will load their
own ammo, etc. They draw lines in the sand about what they are willing to pay or not, and don't cross it. They will cut back shooting before they overpay past their personal threshold of
pain. Like for example right now, there's no way I would ever pay more than 50 cpr for 9mm, 223, or 556.... unless its a JHP or a speciality/match round. If my reserves ever get low I would
just cut back shooting WAAAAAAAY before doing stupid shit like paying .$0.70 or $1/round for something like that. Noobs can get punched in the rectum with that crap, but I'm not putting myself there.
I asked a lot of people this summer if they reloaded and most people I saw at USPSA in the New England area shot factory ammo.

I was surprised, I didn't expect it. These weren't unclassified people shooting their first match. Many were B, A shooters. Unless they shot a classifier special, this had to be at least their 5th match to get a classification.

Now, I agree, they are not the bulk of people buying all the ammo. But then you have everyone else that is buying ammo because the weather is nice and want to shoot and now instead if buying 1K rounds people might buy 5K, just in case...

It is a combination of everything.

There's free market and then there's price gouging. I don't like price gouging. TSU charging $30 for a box of $11 ammo? Makes me rethink my membership with them.
So when demand is so high there is none to be found what do YOU consider a "fair" price for a box of 9mm?

Hell ill just throw it out there....I don't think you have any clue what price gouging or supply and demand economics is for that matter. Here's a clue.....just because the price is higher than YOUR willing to pay doesn't mean its gouging.

Last edited:
I don't think you know what "price gouging" really is.

So would you prefer that TS price ammo lower so that you have EVEN LESS chance of getting it? If it was priced at say, like $20 a box there would be double the amount of robot accounts
set up to buy that shit, and you'd have even less chance to buy it than you do now. At least right not it lasts what, like 5 minutes? [laugh]
He is just another guy that thinks if the price is too high for HIS opinion its automatically "gouging"

Well,chah!

Heck, how long did it take for .22 to come back after Newtown??? 3 years? It's going to take until 2022 or so for prices to reach anywhere NEAR normal.

History shows us that these things can drag on for a long time. And this time around we have a ton of new shooters looking for ammo.

History shows us that these things can drag on for a long time. And this time around we have a ton of new shooters looking for ammo.

I'm thankful that I learned from the .22 shortage. Bought the Prime membership at Target Sports and slowly stocked up throughout the years. 2017 and 2018 were awesome. Then got the tip about the Wal-Mart clearance and bought ammo that I don't even have guns for. I expect large tax increases on ammo with limitations and major gun control measures from the new administration. I don't see any good news coming until 2024. Hope I'm wrong.

If buyers eagerly pay $30 for an $11 box, then it's really a $30 box, isn't it?
Yup. I listed .38Spl and .40S&W ammo yesterday and within 24 hrs I've had 4 people offer to buy the same WWB .38Spl. Obviously I underpriced it and when it's gone, it's gone. I priced under ammoseek.com prices for the same or similar ammo, and their links only ran to "out of stock" pages. What this tells me is that the free market is willing to pay probably 50% more than I priced it for without a blink of the eye.

Back
Top Bottom