ammo shortage??

Did some inventory this weekend as well and happy with what i have on hand to do some decent shooting this summer

In doing that inventory/organization, I was shocked (maybe impressed is the better word) of the different parts, accessories, etc that I have put away over time

Was doing some "inventory" Monday.

I'm good.

Found two spam cans and a 30 cal ammo can full of this.
Anyone remember this ammo?
Am I dating myself?

:cool:

View attachment 341466
View attachment 341465
I do. Got a crate from the sportsmans guide back in The early 90's. 2 tuna cans (525 rds ea.) of copper washed norinco ( I think) of 7.62 x 51. Still sealed up in my ammo locker...If push comes to shove I have backup.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Hello Karen. I'm the manager. What can I do for you?
Karen just needs a man willing to put her in her place. Until she finds one, she'll just be miserable.

Strong men are rarer than 9mm...

Sorry about that post. It's a little sexist.

I can count that high...

I know of a vendor that plans to have Fiocchi 55 gr 223 cases (1,000 rounds) in stock on Saturday. $299.99 plus 5.5% tax and about $22 shipping.
Not sure if that’s a good deal for people in need of 223?
PM if interested.
Okay well now a different vendor has the same ammo available for $396 shipped...

Edit: all gone

Last edited:
TSU has 45 1k cases of Lake City SS109 in stock.

One thing about this recent lack of availability of commonly stocked items is, it's prompted me to try some cartridges I haven't used before. Once my range opens, that is.

Anyone looking for 9mm? Online vendor has 1,000 round cases of STV Technology Scorpio 9mm 124 gr FMJ for $258 shipped per case. Limit of 2 cases. PM if interested.

Is this a decent deal?

Fiocchi 5.56 M193 55 gr FMJ $380 shipped for 1,000 rounds. Decent price?
Limit of 1 case from this vendor. PM if interested.

Stopped by 4S after work today. 5 box limit per caliber. $14.99 for a box of 9. Johnny Cashregister says it's because of the new vendor prices, but it came off the same pallet of Winchester Target that's been sitting there for the past three months. Wtf is this bs? Do the bullet making machines have the Coronavirus. Market Basket never doubled the price on our precious toilet paper even though they were wiped out.
Do I have any other options other than hand loading? Is it crossbow time?
Your thoughts....
I’d opt for a sword...more concealable...

I just received my Target sportsusa shipment last night. (I ordered it 3 days ago. )
If they have your particular ammo in stock, expect quick shipping as per usual.
Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 6.08.19 AM.pngLove TargetSports!
They have all the ammo I need. & they ship to MA.

Ammo was priced kinda high. $12 for 9, $16 for 45, 223 @ 40¢/round, 22 @7-8.

A few years ago these would have been prices that dreams were made of. I just bought 500 Federal FMJBT (full metal jacket boat tail) rounds for $205 from Ammo Depot yesterday. It's been shipped already, according to their latest email. Average to decent price as measured by the interweb.

Anyone looking for 9mm? Online vendor has 1,000 round cases of STV Technology Scorpio 9mm 124 gr FMJ for $258 shipped per case. Limit of 2 cases. PM if interested.

Is this a decent deal?
This vendor will have more added to their website at 7pm CST tonight. Price increased to $285 shipped. No sales tax. Limit 2k per person.

Edit: sold out

Last edited:
85 cases left!

They have some steel 223 among other calibers in stock. Check out bottom of home page.

Back
Top Bottom