Ammo Shortage

You can still get a 100 round linked belt of .50 BMG for $300:

federal-50bmg2.jpg
It's almost worth buying a 50 BMG rifle at this point just for the low low ammo prices.

ripoff. a gunbroker price of an .223 case is a $700 right now. velocity jerked 5.56 to a $919 and no one buys it - i see it sitting there now for 2 weeks, with no tax and free delivery. same as red army .223 they jerked up to $779 - no takers. all this idiocy starts to subdue, slowly.
CMP
Creedmoor Sports .223 68 grAMMUNITION 200RDS/CASE - $159

When you consider all the time and gas money wrapped up in daily trips to stores that have a 5 box limit - you may be better off paying a premium and getting a case at a premium price.
I hate to admit it, but there's some truth to this. Even with 1-2k rounds, people feel short-handed. There's a lot of comfort in "just having it".

There's a possibility that a lot of the new gun owners will forget about shooting if the political and social turmoil settles. It's comes down to whether or not they change their lifestyles and become people who shoot. It's hard to change your lifestyle and become an avid shooter when there's no ammo and no fear to motivate them. They might just all end up being that guy with one or two guns and a few boxes of ammo.

My work is experiencing a huge boom and industry experts believe it will last in the US due to how our lockdowns played out. Places like gyms and restaurants were closed for long periods but outdoor recreation was allowed so lots of folks scrambled to buy outdoor recreation gear like bicycles and changed their lifestyles for a long enough period of time that a certain percentage of them will stick with it. In parts of Europe like Italy, they locked everything down tight and people were told stay in their homes. When the restrictions on outdoor recreation were removed, there was a huge spike in participation due to the sudden freedom but it died out quickly.

I was in Armour Sports today, they had more ammo than I was expecting, I managed to get 30-30, 35 Remington and 6.5 Grendel, 41 mag, 454 Casull and 460 S&W. I even scored some factory 44-40s. Granted there are limits but the fact they had all that shocked me.

Not sure if it's because it's Superbowl Sunday or it's just finally calming down but I was in three shops today and compared to the last few weekends it wasn't nuts like it has been.

What we used to know as "normal" prices and availability is several years away.

The market for ammo is much bigger with millions of new shooters who have no inventory. Demand will outstrip supply for years.

This is not a tinfoil opinion but rather the thinking of someone who has lived through 2 major shortages over the past 10-15 years. This is not going away anytime soon.
My thoughts are, at least 1/2 of new gun owners will continue to shoot sporadically, the other half only wants protection and no range time. If you can show me increasing membership in gun clubs and show how busy they are when ammo stocks are up I'll believe that.

$276 with free shipping with Prime from Target Sports USA. But that is still $2.75 per round, almost thirty bucks for a single 10 round mag for your M82A1. See my other thread:

As tempting as that is, I think it's a bad idea.
I mean I could sell my range 9mm if it's a buck a round... that's gunna be hard to pass up.

I have several hundred hps for 9mm and 22wmr to practice with.

I won't sell my rifle ammo but if your using a handgun in combat your in a bad spot...and if I blow through 400+ rounds of hollowpoints I'm in serious trouble

I expect that it will be late summer or early fall before supplies are back to pre panic levels. What prices will be like are anyone's guess.
There were billion dollar backlogs months ago, Dem control of WH, Senate and House (whether they pass anything is irrelevant, all it takes is talk to keep the panic ball rolling), 5 million+ new gun owners, ammo plants along with their supply chain from one end to the other operating under covid restrictions in various forms so record demand combined with being short handed, Globalists back in the drivers seat so we can expect more over seas adventures which means Uncle Sam gets first dibs on all that 9mm/556/308. Probably even more issues that Ive missed but no friggen way does this get anywhere close to normal in 8 months, lmao.

Hows this. I heard there were 5 Mil new gun owners months ago. Theres almost assuredly more now, but lets say 5 mil. If each of them bought only 200 rounds and called it good, thats a BILLION additional rounds that manufacturers have to come up with just to satisfy the new demand. Forget about existing gun owners. Forget about panic buying, covid, Gulf War part whatever on the horizon, gov pretty much dropping money out of helicopters, cost of metals going straight up, increased fuel costs, increased regulation, new taxes...

I was in Armour Sports today, they had more ammo than I was expecting, I managed to get 30-30, 35 Remington and 6.5 Grendel, 41 mag, 454 Casull and 460 S&W. I even scored some factory 44-40s. Granted there are limits but the fact they had all that shocked me.

Not sure if it's because it's Superbowl Sunday or it's just finally calming down but I was in three shops today and compared to the last few weekends it wasn't nuts like it has been.
That's the point I'm making, a little more here a little more there it's just a little flash no bang

There were billion dollar backlogs months ago, Dem control of WH, Senate and House (whether they pass anything is irrelevant, all it takes is talk to keep the panic ball rolling), 5 million+ new gun owners, ammo plants along with their supply chain from one end to the other operating under covid restrictions in various forms so record demand combined with being short handed, Globalists back in the drivers seat so we can expect more over seas adventures which means Uncle Sam gets first dibs on all that 9mm/556/308. Probably even more issues that Ive missed but no friggen way does this get anywhere close to normal in 8 months, lmao.

Hows this. I heard there were 5 Mil new gun owners months ago. Theres almost assuredly more now, but lets say 5 mil. If each of them bought only 200 rounds and called it good, thats a BILLION additional rounds that manufacturers have to come up with just to satisfy the new demand. Forget about existing gun owners. Forget about panic buying, covid, Gulf War part whatever on the horizon, gov pretty much dropping money out of helicopters, cost of metals going straight up, increased fuel costs, increased regulation, new taxes...
Well either purchasing from panic buyers is slowing down or production is going well because I haven't seen ammo around for months and now some is appearing from somewhere, like CCI, American Eagle, Fiocchi, Winchester. Brand names. Just saying

Well either purchasing from panic buyers is slowing down or production is going well because I haven't seen ammo around for months and now some is appearing from somewhere, like CCI, American Eagle, Fiocchi, Winchester. Brand names. Just saying
60 cpr for 9mm will certainly slow purchasing down. Listen I want it to end tomorrow, but I dont think its going to any time soon.

ripoff. a gunbroker price of an .223 case is a $700 right now. velocity jerked 5.56 to a $919 and no one buys it - i see it sitting there now for 2 weeks, with no tax and free delivery. same as red army .223 they jerked up to $779 - no takers. all this idiocy starts to subdue, slowly.
I go to "Advanced" > "Completed" (enter 5.56) > sort by number of bids.

The number I'm seeing for actual completed auctions are of $1 per round or more.
Plus you have to pay for shipping.
Then, if you are lucky you ammo wont get stolen, break open, or robbed from your doorstep.

Some people on NES are in no rush to sell and are looking for an easy transaction rather than a quick transaction.
The longer they wait to sell the higher the price they will get becomes.

Sometimes it takes days to wait for the end of an auction and you get into a bidding war.
Then you lose and have to start the whole process over again.

If ammo was only 70 cents a round on GB - people would not be spending their whole night camping out at gun shops for a measly 5 box limit.

Months ago the ammo manufactures said - "don't worry- we'll get more ammo after the 2 year back order" - but since then there have been millions more gun sales. So, even if the back order gets filled - the demand will outstrip the supply as far as price is concerned.

I see local shops with a lot of hunting ammo but the prices are ridiculous, 30-06 20 rds $55-65.
I never thought that getting up to my elbows in Bambi sounded fun.

But you've made me realize that I would get my hunter safety training
buy a license and hit the field,
if only I could buy some of that ammo that literally cooks the deer.

It's almost worth buying a 50 BMG rifle at this point just for the low low ammo prices.
Never thought I'd read that sentence
H. is planning on making it up on volume.

Shush...you are making to much sense and will spoil it for the rest of us... seriously looked into it, lead time for a 50 BMG rifle puts me on the fence, but it never stopped me from buying the ammo.😉

$276 with free shipping with Prime from Target Sports USA. But that is still $2.75 per round, almost thirty bucks for a single 10 round mag for your M82A1. See my other thread:

Most fun you can have with your clothes on!!!

:)

If you follow wall street at all... or even if your just interested in ammo supply... ammo incorporated under symbol poww I believe is the only publicly traded ammo company. They make the non incendiary tracer rounds

Now I'm not giving investing advice first off.

But if your interested in the growth of the industry etc they're a good company to follow.

They are expected to beat earnings by 40% this quarter. And they have a 180 million dollar back log of orders.

They're trying to add plants and people.

Back
Top Bottom