Ammo Shortage

If you follow wall street at all... or even if your just interested in ammo supply... ammo incorporated under symbol poww I believe is the only publicly traded ammo company. They make the non incendiary tracer rounds

Now I'm not giving investing advice first off.

But if your interested in the growth of the industry etc they're a good company to follow.

They are expected to beat earnings by 40% this quarter. And they have a 180 million dollar back log of orders.

They're trying to add plants and people.
Nope, Vista Outdoor is another public company. Vista is also waaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than Ammo Inc. I've never seen a box of Ammo Inc in a store, but I have seen Federal, Speer, Blazer, CCI etc etc (all Vista brands)

Nope, Vista Outdoor is another public company. Vista is also waaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than Ammo Inc. I've never seen a box of Ammo Inc in a store, but I have seen Federal, Speer, Blazer, CCI etc etc (all Vista brands)
Vista outdoor isn't ammo only though. They have other interests. They just signed a deal with Pelton I believe to add hydra flask bottles to the bikes when they are sold? So they are another company to watch but I believe they don't solely make ammo.

But you are correct they are a much larger company

investing advice ...

But if your interested in the growth of the industry etc they're a good company to follow.

They are expected to beat earnings by 40% this quarter. And they have a 180 million dollar back log of orders.
Are they part of any grouping of funds? My retirement lets you choose things such as "International Fund", "S&P 500 Fund", etc.

Are they part of any grouping of funds? My retirement lets you choose things such as "International Fund", "S&P 500 Fund", etc.
Idk I just bought straight shares. Again do your own homework lol but I try and buy in areas I know. I know ammo in general is going to make money in the next 6 months. If they can turn it into a profit is up to you to decide.

If you follow wall street at all... or even if your just interested in ammo supply... ammo incorporated under symbol poww I believe is the only publicly traded ammo company. They make the non incendiary tracer rounds

Now I'm not giving investing advice first off.

They're trying to add plants and people.
Yep, theyre on my radar. VSTO also is publically traded along with OLN. VSTO owns Federal and Remington (along with other sporting related names) and OLN owns Winchester fyi

eta- someone beat me to it

Most people reading this forum are not the problem, it's the hyperventilating / pant shitting newb fgts buying everything, and overpaying in the process.
A work buddy of mine bought his first gun some months ago. Panic was in full swing but not at retard levels yet. He had pointed out a box of 9mm range ammo at 35 cpr iirc and asked "Is this a decent price?" I was like "Ehhh...not...really but..." and he said "F*ck it, I need it". Hard to argue with someone who just bought his first pistol and had ZERO ammo, especially when in hindsight, I should have bought some at that price myself but its hard to do when you had just paid 14 cpr a few months before.

Yep, theyre on my radar. VSTO also is publically traded along with OLN. VSTO owns Federal and Remington (along with other sporting related names) and OLN owns Winchester fyi

eta- someone beat me to it
Yeah but as I said above ammo incorporated is just ammo those guys have other stuff also good companies to follow.

Ammo got a nice bump from vsto's earnings

I'm not getting excited however, I'm noticing a little more ammo starting to show up around the country, not around here so much. The prices aren't bad at places like Academy, Sportsman, and Cabelas'/Bass Pro. We don't have Academy or Sportsmans around here but if you catch a Bass Pro or a Cabela's at the right time you may score. I know, what a pain in the arse. I also find a lot online some prices ok some not. Don't help much if you live in good ole Mass, but NH, Maine, Vermont you're good. I just refuse to pay $1.00 a round for something that was .25 to .35 cents a round a year ago. Someones making good money. Capitalism at its best or worse.
Anyone else see this?
If you don’t have any you’ll have to pay. If you’re new to the team you’ll have to pay. If you’re scared you’ll pay anything. Gougers gonna gouge. Jittery Trading Post has always been a little higher than most but they are not gouging now. So hats off to them. Small shops and guys on gunbroker are making money off of fear.

If you don’t have any you’ll have to pay. If you’re new to the team you’ll have to pay. If you’re scared you’ll pay anything. Gougers gonna gouge. Jittery Trading Post has always been a little higher than most but they are not gouging now. So hats off to them. Small shops and guys on gunbroker are making money off of fear.
Its not just "gouging" going on at retailers. There have been several ammo manufacturer price increases, with the latest implemented as of 2/01/21.
Part of the price increases are that the manufacturers are having difficulty sourcing raw materials, leading to them having to pay more for what they can find.

Its not just "gouging" going on at retailers. There have been several ammo manufacturer price increases, with the latest implemented as of 2/01/21.
Part of the price increases are that the manufacturers are having difficulty sourcing raw materials, leading to them having to pay more for what they can find.
This is true too. Everything is going up. Crazy times for sure. I sure miss the 80’s.😂

This is true too. Everything is going up. Crazy times for sure. I sure miss the 80’s.😂

Wait until you see next year's prices, and the year after that, anyone who didn't stock up in plentiful times is way behind the.🎱

At $.093( what it sold for) and resold at $1.00/ would make a $4000 profit kick it up to 1.05 and its $6750 profit less the shipping costs of $750 is $6000 not the best ROI but no a bad payday if you flip it quickly.

That is a horrible deal.... no gun shop is buying that unless they are 110% certain that they can get like $1.25/round for it.

I was in Armour Sports today, they had more ammo than I was expecting, I managed to get 30-30, 35 Remington and 6.5 Grendel, 41 mag, 454 Casull and 460 S&W. I even scored some factory 44-40s. Granted there are limits but the fact they had all that shocked me.

That Mario has stock is good. Unfortunately, I paid 33% more for Blazer aluminum target rounds this past Thursday from there than I did for Blazer brass there four weeks ago- which is what I paid for Federal HST that same four weeks back.

That's not the shops, mind you, but the market. And I don't have a problem paying a premium to walk out the door with rounds versus a discounted online price, because that discount goes away the instant shipping is calculated; I'd rather the good local shop get those dollars, because it means they'll be there when this all cools off.

It's just the waiting that gets me.

Some people on NES are selling for $1 per round of 5.56.

$1,000 for 1,000 round case.

When you consider all the time and gas money wrapped up in daily trips to stores that have a 5 box limit - you may be better off paying a premium and getting a case at a premium price.

If you enjoy the thrill of the hunt for your 5 boxes and are out driving aimlessly about in the middle of covid then you may like to buy a little at a time.

My time is worth at least $13.50 an hour because that is minimum wage in Massachusetts.
I also need to consider the price of gas, wear and tear on my car, risking getting covid, and spending less time doing fun things because of endless travel to gun shops.

I am glad I am not desperate enough to spend $1 a round for 556. Just recently I spent $0.68 a round for Lake City 556 and it hurt me to do that. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom