Ammo stockpile...?

The question about SHTF guns got me thinking about ammo for the cause [wink].

How much ammo do you keep stockpiled or at a "par" level?

I have and like to keep:
~5000r of .22lr
~1500r .223/5.56
~1500r 7.62x39
~1000r 9mm

Do you have storage limits in Ct ?

Generally recommended for defensive use;

500 rounds per handgun,

1,000 rounds per rifle,

500 rounds per shotgun.

For survival issues (including hunting) I'd want more with varied loads.

I think someone started one of these up in the general section under audit. I went through all my stuff yesterday

1700 .22LR
300 .40S&W
300 .380ACP
250 9mm

I might go grab another 100 box of 9,40, and 380 today if i head that direction though.

I think of a lot of mine as something I'll use as currency or trade.

I don't think it will be too far in my future either.

Thanks but no thanks. I will stock other things I can use to trade with, I'd rather not give someone the tools to take what I have.

The more interesting question is, what happens if you need to be mobile? You could have 100k of ammo and a room full of canned food, but if you must vacate your property your in tough shape. I always think of this as the ammo collection grows.

The more interesting question is, what happens if you need to be mobile? You could have 100k of ammo and a room full of canned food, but if you must vacate your property your in tough shape. I always think of this as the ammo collection grows.

Make sure you have enough help thats all. [smile]

ummm duhhh get an armored personel carrier.... problem solved haha or a few mules thatll work too [banana]

1200 rds of .223
200 of .40 and 9mm
maybe 50-100 of assorted shotgun

ammo would only be currency in very dire situations.

i stock toilet paper

when people are out, you can trade a lot for it... at least thats my experience at buringman :)

I don't have any ammo. (Something about posting such things publicly doesn't strike me as the most prudent strategic move, but that may just be me and my tinfoil tuque.)

I don't have any ammo. (Something about posting such things publicly doesn't strike me as the most prudent strategic move, but that may just be me and my tinfoil tuque.)

Amen brother, that being said, I only keep 1 round for my 1 revolver at all times. That's all I will ever need!

You got it bro.

And I keep it in my bank in ready to use storage envelopes.

thesafe0.jpg

Does anybody carry ammo for the sake of using as currency?

Ammo? I don't even have guns [smile]

Well I only have the one 1901 revolver, the others were lost in the boat accident. It's a pretty good revolver though, when you can break the rust free, the cylinder will move a bit but sometimes it just falls out the other side. I'm sure it will work though.

Mr. Sam, I am afraid I am not worthy of your presence here. If someone is going to have a collection as magnificent (and magnificent doesn't even cover it) as that, California is a good place to have it.

[bow]

Ive been called a paranoid gun nut in the past by the sheeple but I like to think of my preps are just being prepared.

Ive also been called antisocial but that doesn't bother me as anyone I would care to hang out with is either also a gun nut or survivalist minded.

Ive been called a paranoid gun nut in the past by the sheeple but I like to think of my preps are just being prepared.

Ive also been called antisocial but that doesn't bother me as anyone I would care to hang out with is either also a gun nut or survivalist minded.

Now how the hell do you get away with that in California?

If Sen. Dianne Feinstein saw that, I think she'd have a coronary!

...wait, I have an idea!

Nice stockpile. I'm very jealous!

Back
Top Bottom