Anderson Hammer Question

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Had two Anderson Manufacturing LPKs in storage for future use. Future use is coming up so I opened and was checking the parts included.

Everything seems normal except for the hammers. Is this a method of trading hammer mass for hammer drop speed?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Anderson Hammer.JPG

So it is fairly normal. I don't use them, but that's because I don't use Anderson.
The product is fine though. Bobbed hammers technically lock up faster, but I don't have much stock in that.

So it is fairly normal. I don't use them, but that's because I don't use Anderson.
The product is fine though. Bobbed hammers technically lock up faster, but I don't have much stock in that.

I "think" I used one of these kits before and that it had a normal hammer. So this threw me for a little loop.

Added: I used Anderson as an initial, inexpensive way to get into the DIY AR-15 builds. I think it may have even been a group buy here, or somehow connected to NES.

Do not remember if it was Anderson or not, but I had two lowers with that type of hammer, still have one. I never had a failure to fire due to a light hammer strike and the guy I sold the other owner to has never complained, I have seen him several times in the years since.

To be frank it is quite a lousy trigger. It is still not too late to get those that are on sale till midnight.

To be frank it is quite a lousy trigger. It is still not too late to get those that are on sale till midnight.

The Anderson trigger(s) I used for my first builds were okay for practise. I have a few Stoner triggers which were pretty for the money that I've used for advanced work. I also have two LaRue triggers that I will use for my more serious rifles.

The Anderson trigger(s) I used for my first builds were okay for practise. I have a few Stoner triggers which were pretty for the money that I've used for advanced work. I also have two LaRue triggers that I will use for my more serious rifles.
LaRue sells them now at $99.

is stainless slightly more dense than regular steel?
I have both styles. uninstalled. I throw them on a kitchen scale and see what the difference in weight is.
I'll use grams because I like the metric system.

The densities seem to be dependent upon the substances in either steel, but also seem to be (usually) very close.

Anderson Customer Support sent me this answer earlier this week:

Yes, those are some of our older “sport” style hammers. They are faster due to the lighter profile. Our newer models are similar, but now have recesses in them.

Thank you,

Customer Support
Support: 859-689-4085 x-1
Hrs: 8:00am – 4:30pm EST.
Fax 859-813-5363

Back
Top Bottom