Another Arrows thread

I've now got a collection of arrows, most of which I've bought in half-dozen batches from a shop. After loosing a few, and adding a few from the bargain bin, I gambled on getting a bunch (18) of inexpensive, pre-cut arrows from Ammazon, and see how consistent they were. These are Carbon Express Game Slayer 350, 29.5". The vendor got ripped in reviews due to excess adhesive getting inside the inserts. I fit a field point to all arrows, and 3 of them presented only a very slight resistance. Judging by the debris that fell out of the arrows when I tapped them on end, it seems the vendor chased the inserts prior to shipping the arrows.

Judging by spinning them on a good point, they're cut square enough for my needs. The lengths of the arrows were uniform, and the weight variance I can live with (in spite of there being an oddball or two in the bunch). For a bit over $6/ea, I'll be happy if they fly true.

gamerslayer.png

I've now got a collection of arrows, most of which I've bought in half-dozen batches from a shop. After loosing a few, and adding a few from the bargain bin, I gambled on getting a bunch (18) of inexpensive, pre-cut arrows from Ammazon, and see how consistent they were. These are Carbon Express Game Slayer 350, 29.5". The vendor got ripped in reviews due to excess adhesive getting inside the inserts. I fit a field point to all arrows, and 3 of them presented only a very slight resistance. Judging by the debris that fell out of the arrows when I tapped them on end, it seems the vendor chased the inserts prior to shipping the arrows.

Judging by spinning them on a good point, they're cut square enough for my needs. The lengths of the arrows were uniform, and the weight variance I can live with (in spite of there being an oddball or two in the bunch). For a bit over $6/ea, I'll be happy if they fly true.

View attachment 404786
I can understand why your trying to be "frugal" with arrows. When my son was shooting JOAD I was spending $100 a damn month on arrows. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom