• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Dog & Police Story

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
You won't hear/read this in the snews.

Heard on the Patriot Ledger Scanner today:

MVA - car vs. dog

Police respond, black Lab dog is still alive, not currently licensed but has tags from 2010. PD tries to reach ACO (part-time in most small towns), but it is taking forever to hear back.

Officer puts dog in cruiser and takes the dog to a local vet. Vet finds no life-threatening injuries and officer waits patiently for ACO to advise who owns the dog, gets the info and drives the dog back to owner's home.

No report that he cited owner (town has leash law, plus dog is unlicensed).

That's not sensational enough and probably happens often and without fanfare. The nerve of that guy.

That's not sensational enough and probably happens often and without fanfare. The nerve of that guy.

That's kind of the point I've tried to make a couple times. We HEAR about the sensational, horrible events where some ahole officer shoots a family dog in front of a six year old kid and we collectively (and correctly) jump on him. Then the three 'good' cops on the force get offended because we're cop bashing and they KNOW there are other good cops out there.

Blame the selective media and human nature, not NES.

Glad the dog is fine and returned to the owner.

It would have been a little more fitting in the theme of NES if it was a lost cat, but even so!

I think cats fall under the jurisdiction of the fire department [grin]

For rescuing cats in a tree, personally I prefer the method in "Police Academy"!

it will be in the news tomorrow when the cop loses his badge for it

No chance, last I knew his chief is a dog owner.

Back
Top Bottom