• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

another find (pic heavy)

wiskie762

Instructor
Found this the other day, its a 1939 k98, its been neglected. going to attempt to bring life back to her, bore is bright and strong rifling, worst case its a good shooter,

best part is it 100% matching,

well enjoy

Last edited:
Wow. A good week of an oil soak for the metal will do wonders. A brass brush will then take away all of the rust.

Patience is your friend on this one. It is worth very carefully preserving this one without refinishing. Matching K98s in original matching condition are becoming scarce.

Congrats!

Awesome find especially for kittery, seems good old rifles are getting a little harder to find.
I don't know what's going on. Either guns are staying in the family or they are being turned in when someone passes on.
I have not had a phone call in many years about "hey I got these old guns from XYZ relative"

Soaking in Kroil will work on the rust as well. A nice date and code combination; I have a matching example of the same type as well; 147/39/5693i. About 30K pieces after your f-block.

Well done. Hopefully you got a good price.

T

Back
Top Bottom