Another Gas Scare...

All the Bush oil cronies must be salivating at the thought.

Sure wish I knew who was gettin rich off this. It isn't the local station as they maintain their marginal few cents profit. It isn't the Saudis as the gas is already here. Someone in the middle is raking it in though.

I'm going to have to put on some head gear when I see him tonight. I'm working on the head bobbing now. [shock]

ETA missing word.

Ahhh... My bad!

Sorry guys... If telling yourselves that "size doesn't matter" keeps your egos in check then please continue to do so...

Some of us don't have the need! [evil]

Adam

This thread is a train wreck. I'm jumping off before the impact.

signs003.gif

Back on topic...Keep in mind that federal gas taxes are a % of the price. As price increases, so does the gov's revenue. Georgia has suspended the state tax since Katrina to lower the price somewhat.

Nickle said:
Cross-X said:
derek said:
I'm going to have to put on some head gear when I see him tonight. I'm working on the head bobbing now. [shock]

And bring some of yer bodyarmor too.

I can loan him mine. Does he need a Kevlar (PASGT) as well?

Nickle, Marines are nothing if not resourceful -- I am sure he has all the gear and goodies he needs to get the job done, and, if not, he will improvise!

Cross-X said:
Nickle, Marines are nothing if not resourceful -- I am sure he has all the gear and goodies he needs to get the job done, and, if not, he will improvise!

Sorry for getting off topic, but he's a "FORMER" Marine. I still serve, and have all that stuff. He probably gave his back.

Cross-X said:
I wonder, if gas prices rise to $5.00 a gallon, will we, and our legislators, finally get off our butts and take action?

I think it would depend on how quickly it rose to $5.00. Society will swallow small amounts of the bait until they are fully hooked and not bitch. It's the big gulp they won't tolerate.

Many stations are under investigation, here in Georgia (Atlanta area), for gouging after Katrina. One station was over $5.00.

I'd think it would also matter WHY it's $5 a gallon. You can't FORCE the commodities markets into lower prices. Crude oil is a commodity, and it's prices fluctuate in the market.

Gouging for refined gas, on the other hand, will get you caught up with eventually.

My brother went to top off his truck this morning before he went to work and prices had already gone up 10 cents since yesterday. I just filled mine up. God forbid it makes it to 5.00 a gallon. [shock]

Adam_MA said:
Great idea Tony. I wish other states would take their lead.

Adam

BACK ON TOPIC!!

Way back in the 1970s, I lived in CT and saw the state increase the gas tax significantly. The price at the pumps never moved!

I predict that even if the state were to remove the gas tax, the difference in what we pay at the pump would not move significantly. The oil companies would just pocket the difference!

As for C-X's comment:

I wonder, if gas prices rise to $5.00 a gallon, will we, and our legislators, finally get off our butts and take action?

Sure, they'll spend several Million $ investigating and then fine the oil companies a few million (after they rape us for $100s of Million)! That's the way gov't works!

Will the fines put any money back in the pocket of the victims? NO WAY!

Cross-X said:
Chris, in your avatar, why does your finger look so short? Are you cursed? [roll]

Looks short because it is. I have small hands. Don't own a Glock because only the 36 fits my hand, and I have not bothered to seek one out.

As for the photo, I'm not holding the gun in the best of grips (was muggin for the camera, not shootin') but even so, the trigger is a bit further than I would like it on a double action pull. Single action is fine.

As for 'cursed', I'm not at all sure what you mean. Frankly, it's been nice having hands that don't get cold easily as I can do delicate work in cold weather without gloves far longer than anyone else I know.

I was listening on the news this morning that many stations in MA were fined as well.

I guess that we'll just have to see what happenes. I'm sure that it's easy for the US to forget that we just got tons released to us from other nations, so really it shouldn't go up that much.

But then like it was said. The oil companies won't make any money.

<ahem>

Speaking of gas...there's a station heading into Newburyport that's $2.79 (I think it's called Global). That's the cheapest in our area. Gas will more than likely go up again, however, it's going to depend on the amount of damage that Rita does as she plows her way through the Gulf.

(and all of you who jumped ship before I could respond are wimps.)

Back
Top Bottom