• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another glock question....sorry

Hi Guys....I apologize in advance if this question has been beaten to death. But I’ll swing way and suffer the lashings to get an answer.

I purchased a glock 23 gen 4 some years ago in a private sale while living out of state (Maine) and want to bring it to MA. Its on the approved roster but doesnt have the features that seem to be reuqired such as a round indicator on the slide, etc. my question is this....do I need to register it In MA? If I have to, am I able to use the portal or do I need a FFL?

thanks in advance and again I apologize if this has been beaten to death.

You have to give it away to a green member within 24 hours of the date stamp of this post. If you don’t, Marsha is coming to visit you

This is from GOALs website.

Registration: The transfer of any resident’s handgun, shotgun or rifle, whether through a dealer or between licensed individuals must be reported to the state via the FA- 10 form.

There is no law specifying that you must report to the state or the local licensing authority what firearms you already possess, i.e. filling out an FA-10 for your current collection or submitting a list to the local police.

Hi Guys....I apologize in advance if this question has been beaten to death. But I’ll swing way and suffer the lashings to get an answer.

I purchased a glock 23 gen 4 some years ago in a private sale while living out of state (Maine) and want to bring it to MA. Its on the approved roster but doesnt have the features that seem to be reuqired such as a round indicator on the slide, etc. my question is this....do I need to register it In MA? If I have to, am I able to use the portal or do I need a FFL?

thanks in advance and again I apologize if this has been beaten to death.
You are confuddling multiple unrelated issues.

You own a glock 23 gen 4. You are allowed to own any handgun that is not an assault weapon.

Why are you talking about the approved roster? The roster is SOLELY an issue for MA Dealers on what they are allowed to sell. It means nothing to you as a gun owner. Never look at it or talk about it again. Seriously. It means nothing to you. Own what you want. Buy what you want.

MA law says if you bring a gun in from out of state or otherwise acquire/manufacture a gun you need to register it within 7 days. FA10, registration, seller blank. done.

Exception to registration. If you are just moving to MA and you bring your guns and apply for your LTC within 60 days, you dont need to register what you already had and brought into MA when you moved in. No legal way to transport them in, so teleport them magically into your safe...

If the gun didn't come with you when you moved, you may still bring it into MA, but you need to complete an FA10 within 7 days of the gun crossing the border. Register and leave seller info blank.

The approval rosters do not apply to possession or bringing in your guns from out of state. They only apply to what a MA-licensed dealer can sell to residents (LEO excluded).

In short, bring it, do the eFA10 within 7 days.

Magazine restrictions do apply, so do not bring anything that holds over 10 rounds unless it's a pre-94-ban mag.

Back
Top Bottom