• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another gun club under fire...

I thought the report said Seattle. Either way, it's another ridiculous case of someone not doing the research before they build their house. Then crying about it.

Where's Ashland, OR? Oh, it's near Seattle... gotcha........... lol I bet they said Seattle because that is the closest major city so people know roughly where they are talking about

The home owner could care less about the environment. He just wants to get rid of the noise because he is an idiot and didn't spend any time checking out the property and it's surroundings before he bought it.

If I had the cash to build the massive structure he constructed down range from a gun club (duh) I would have chosen a better location. What an ass. Comes last to the party and wants to be first. Got to love entitled people. Even worse, wants to use the environment to promote his agenda. I bet his "carbon" footprint is more significant from his home and vehicles.

I can't believe this dude is complaining when he bought the place after the range was there. Even if he bought it before it would be crazy, but that is just ridiculous.

I worry about this at my club, seeing as how its right next to a high-school and surrounded my cookie cutter houses. Thrashes man needs to be beaten with a salmon and then forced to spill motor oil on his grass.... pompous pious ass!

sent from my truck while driving down 95 in the high speed lane doing 55

Damn 1%-ers, using their wealth and "status" to screw over people who just want to enjoy a favorite past-time.....

Oh well, I hope the club holds out and shows that idiot that they belong there. At least they're trying to pickup the lead and help recycle it.

I'm guessing that the homebuilder is not an idiot....he just gambled that a threat of litigation woudl cause the club or municipality that leases the land to cave. That's the weak link in the chain ... the leased property.

A few fiscally concerned citizens at the city council meeting, saying, "This will cost the town a boatload of money, to defend the use of the land by only 400 people is nuts," and the lease won't be renewed....

News reports on gun topics are usually doing well just to distinguish handguns from rifles. The fact they named a city only a few hundred miles away is pretty good in their book...
True enough, it is Fox News after all. I suppose we should be happy that they at least picked a location in the right hemisphere [wink]

Not me, I'd build right there.

When the wife and me were looking for a home to buy, we looked at a home two blocks from the Mansfield club. As we were looking at the property we heard the sound of small arms fire. I looked over at the wife and she looked over at me and as she started to speak, I said "let's go look at the inside". As we headed to the house, I told the realtor to go ahead, I needed to speak to the wife. I said to her "Don't you dare tell him we own guns." She said "Why?" I said "Because I can knock 25K off the asking price before we even begin negotiating." She said "What?" I said "Honey being two blocks from a gun club is a god send for us but most people here don't want to be anywhere near one. Let me handle this. Just act disgusted each time you hear a shot fired. Trust me!"

We went in and looked at the place. It wasn't bad. The wife played the role perfectly, tugging on my jacket and motioning with her head she wanted to leave. By the time we were ready to leave, the price of the house had been reduced 35K. I would have bought the place but there was some issues with the deed and property lines.

The BIG plus was it was two blocks from the Mansfield club. I wish it would have worked out. I would feel perfectly fine going to sleep at night hearing the sound of rifle fire.

just another version of some snot-nosed prick with an agenda. He knew he was buying property near a gun club. Someone building a 19k sq ft complex spends WAY too much time watching their money to waste it on a "bad purchase". He's got the money to blow, he can close this club down according to him. a**h***, doesn't quite bring it to bear..........

I think I'm going to buy up an entire block in Winthrop and redevelop it into a 19,000 sq ft mansion. Then I'm going to sue Massport about the environmental impact of the jet noise from Logan.

"...It kills people..." There it is, he's a rich antigunner who knew exactly what he was moving into, probably had trashing the gun club as a plus on his agenda from the start.

True enough, it is Fox News after all. I suppose we should be happy that they at least picked a location in the right hemisphere [wink]

They always get the location correct when a good looking blonde Co-Ed goes missing. Other than that, it's hit or miss. Maybe Geraldo will go out to Ashatland and do a gripping myth filled story on this.

Back
Top Bottom