• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Linsky special: H.2486 all approved safety courses include live-fire training MA

for something like the ma basic hunter education course, is that going to require live fire?
Volunteer instructors now have to hand out live rounds to the people who are taking that course?

sounds like the number of volunteer instructors may suddenly drop, if the law requires this now.

Last edited:
for something like the ma basic hunter education course, is that going to require live fire?
Volunteer instructors now have to hand out live rounds to the people who are taking that course?
Is Hunter's Ed sufficient for a LTC? I thought it was FID-only because there's no handgun material. (NB: I never took MA hunter's ed)

People forget that there's a metric shit ton of lefties/moonbats/libs that own guns in MA too. There might be 400k LTC but I bet an easy 65% of that number are moonbats or fake independents that don't vote properly or don't even really care. It's not that hard to find them. A fun indicator is the people who seem to normalize the LTC process as being legitimate and not abuse. They think "having a gun license" is normal. :(

Sometimes I keep my mouth shut other times they get a "Do you understand how f***ed up that actually is?" Lecture, lol.
I was at my club this week with my dad so he could sight in his crossbow. Range officer came by to see what we were doing and started talking. Long story short, he goes "Yeah and you don't even need a license to buy a crossbow!" I responded with well yeah that's great and how it should be even with guns. He goes "Well what if someone wanted to kill someone, anyone can just buy a crossbow"....

My head started to hurt so I didn't even bother continuing the conversation. Especially since it was someone my dad knew but I was like JFC.

I was at my club this week with my dad so he could sight in his crossbow. Range officer came by to see what we were doing and started talking. Long story short, he goes "Yeah and you don't even need a license to buy a crossbow!" I responded with well yeah that's great and how it should be even with guns. He goes "Well what if someone wanted to kill someone, anyone can just buy a crossbow"....

My head started to hurt so I didn't even bother continuing the conversation. Especially since it was someone my dad knew but I was like JFC.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe you need a Dr.’s note in MA to buy a crossbow??… So his theory of anyone can just buy a crossbow is out the window. Don’t blame you for just not bothering.👍🏻

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe you need a Dr.’s note in MA to buy a crossbow??… So his theory of anyone can just buy a crossbow is out the window. Don’t blame you for just not bothering.👍🏻
You're wrong.

You need a Dr. to say you're incapable of drawing a bow, if you intend to use the crossbow to hunt.

Once again, it’s not a freedom issue. It’s a competency issue

Your reading comprehension seems to be an issue of competency.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

Rights are rights. They have no competency requirements.

Is Hunter's Ed sufficient for a LTC? I thought it was FID-only because there's no handgun material. (NB: I never took MA hunter's ed)
It's in the statutes that Hunter Ed is adequate for a LTC. Some chiefs refuse to accept it and I understand why. Not only is HE in MA long guns only but in most cases the students never even get to touch a gun . . . it's a seminar, not an interactive class.

Easy answer to Linsky's problem, and one that I think most gun owners would agree with. Bring back High School shooting teams, and make firearm safety and handling part of a freshman's gym class.
There will be less accidental shootings of youth, and the class could be NRA certified, allowing you to get a firearm at 18.
Start them at Freshman with pellet guns, then .22LR, and transition all the way up to shotgun and large caliber pistol by senior year.
that would trigger Linsky to a heart attack. He doesn't want any civilian ownership of firearms

It's in the statutes that Hunter Ed is adequate for a LTC. Some chiefs refuse to accept it and I understand why. Not only is HE in MA long guns only but in most cases the students never even get to touch a gun . . . it's a seminar, not an interactive class.
Thanks. You both confirm and expand my understanding.

Your reading comprehension seems to be an issue of competency.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

Rights are rights. They have no competency requirements.
😂😂 u will be throwing ppl out of they way to get on the truck for a warm meal and a shower.

Which is basically saying no DR’s approval, no crossbow.
only if you intend to hunt with it

anyone in MA can walk into Cabela's, slap down a credit card, and walk out with a crossbow and some bolts.

So no. What you have said is incorrect.

ETA -
In fact, Amazon will ship it to them
1633704787163.png

only if you intend to hunt with it

anyone in MA can walk into Cabela's, slap down a credit card, and walk out with a crossbow and some bolts.

So no. What you have said is incorrect.
Ah, It seems I received some bad information from an archery place. I barely make the 40 lbs draw on my bow (bad shoulders) for hunting and was thinking about going the crossbow route for hunting. Is it true that if you go the DR’s route for a crossbow for hunting you can never go back to a regular bow in MA?

Ah, It seems I received some bad information from an archery place. I barely make the 40 lbs draw on my bow (bad shoulders) for hunting and was thinking about going the crossbow route for hunting. Is it true that if you go the DR’s route for a crossbow for hunting you can never go back to a regular bow in MA?
I'm sure @MisterHappy can correct me here, but my understanding is that you are correct - going over to crossbow is a one-way gate in MA for archery hunters.

That said, there's a thread over in the hunting subforum where folks were talking about a halfway solution...some sort of device you use so your traditional bow becomes a quasi-crossbow...that part is way out of my league though.

EDIT -
found the thread: (N.B. I have less than zero understanding of how this overlaps with the laws in MA...@HorizontalHunter?)

Last edited:
I love the fact that this pos David Linsky spent his entire adult life in politics, never made it out of Natick and is best known for pro-buggering of animals law. True Cinderella story. lol

One glaring problem with this bullshit... there are no exceptions.

The assumption is that the owner will be using the gun for self defense, sporting uses, hunting.

What about people who never even intend of actually shooting one?

Folks own/possess firearms for reasons other than the above... inheritance, collecting, family heirlooms, etc.

What logical reason or safety reason should anyone that falls under any of those cases be required to take a live fire course?
(I know, it's Linsky. Logic doesn't apply).

What if the person is physically unable to complete a live fire course, but needs to have a valid LTC for the purposes of inheritance,
collecting, keeping a family heirloom? A denial based on that is begging for an ADA lawsuit.

If that blabbering scrote wants to have his way WRT to licensing, let him put his money where his mouth is and go on record that anyone who successfully
passes a live fire course, the license must be unrestricted and shall issue.

People forget that there's a metric shit ton of lefties/moonbats/libs that own guns in MA too. There might be 400k LTC but I bet an easy 65% of that number are moonbats or fake independents that don't vote properly or don't even really care. ...
There's a different angle I thought of overnight:

One of the big gray areas in calculating national gun ownership stats is that
America has a sh¡t-ton of households with a nightstand revolver.
Loaded; not locked up. They probably don't even know
where the box of n-6 remaining shells went to.
If they ever had one.

And these guns don't age-out the way we'd imagine.

The Man of the House bought it and stashed it ages ago.
Pre-68; quite possibly the 1950's, or when he got back from the War.

But even when he stops coming down to breakfast,
Granny all too often keeps the gun.
Because the neighborhood ain't what it was when they bought the house a lifetime ago,
and the love of her life is no longer there to protect her.
So now she's really afraid of Murder Rape Burglars.

And all those homes with a humble bedside wheelgun
include a metric sh¡t-ton of inner-city households.
They have the same concerns as anyone else, in spades.

The cherry on top is that maybe it's more likely that
their gun was bought on a streetcorner
from someone who said it "fell off the truck".
Not because the buyer intended to use it in muggings.
But because everybody knows somebody,
and maybe the sales guy at Sears in the Fens, or the hardware store,
gave the buyer a dirty look when he started browsing the gun counter -
because We don't need Those People to have "more" guns.

And if the household suspected the gun maybe came from
a burglary or warehouse shrinkage,
then even if they had second thoughts,
they were not going to invite The Man into their life
by trying to surrender it to the cops.
Maybe move it from the bedside to under the quilts on the closet shelf.
It's still in the house.

In Mass those people are statistically still sucking for Donk pols.

They're not armed because they want to join BLM/Antifa riot/loot/burn mobs,
or someday hunt down the two houses on the block that vote GOP and lynch them.
They're not losing sleep over the "contradiction"
any more than they're losing sleep over that time in the 70's
that they scratched someone's car when parking at the mall
and bailed instead of leaving a note.
It's just firewalled in their brain.

BTW, if the Soros Deep State decides to really push more gun control,
they might try an MSM full-court press to guilt the casual owners
into giving them up.

But if (say) the coronavirus lockdown ragtime has poisoned Joe Sixpack's
trust in the Ruling Class, that guilt trip campaign may not bear much fruit.

There's a different angle I thought of overnight:

One of the big gray areas in calculating national gun ownership stats is that
America has a sh¡t-ton of households with a nightstand revolver.
Loaded; not locked up. They probably don't even know
where the box of n-6 remaining shells went to.
If they ever had one.

And these guns don't age-out the way we'd imagine.

The Man of the House bought it and stashed it ages ago.
Pre-68; quite possibly the 1950's, or when he got back from the War.

But even when he stops coming down to breakfast,
Granny all too often keeps the gun.
Because the neighborhood ain't what it was when they bought the house a lifetime ago,
and the love of her life is no longer there to protect her.
So now she's really afraid of Murder Rape Burglars.

And all those homes with a humble bedside wheelgun
include a metric sh¡t-ton of inner-city households.
They have the same concerns as anyone else, in spades.

The cherry on top is that maybe it's more likely that
their gun was bought on a streetcorner
from someone who said it "fell off the truck".
Not because the buyer intended to use it in muggings.
But because everybody knows somebody,
and maybe the sales guy at Sears in the Fens, or the hardware store,
gave the buyer a dirty look when he started browsing the gun counter -
because We don't need Those People to have "more" guns.

And if the household suspected the gun maybe came from
a burglary or warehouse shrinkage,
then even if they had second thoughts,
they were not going to invite The Man into their life
by trying to surrender it to the cops.
Maybe move it from the bedside to under the quilts on the closet shelf.
It's still in the house.

In Mass those people are statistically still sucking for Donk pols.

They're not armed because they want to join BLM/Antifa riot/loot/burn mobs,
or someday hunt down the two houses on the block that vote GOP and lynch them.
They're not losing sleep over the "contradiction"
any more than they're losing sleep over that time in the 70's
that they scratched someone's car when parking at the mall
and bailed instead of leaving a note.
It's just firewalled in their brain.

BTW, if the Soros Deep State decides to really push more gun control,
they might try an MSM full-court press to guilt the casual owners
into giving them up.

But if (say) the coronavirus lockdown ragtime has poisoned Joe Sixpack's
trust in the Ruling Class, that guilt trip campaign may not bear much fruit.

I think if anything if they tried that they'd sell another 2 million more guns.... [rofl]

I mean think about it, every time Biden, Obama, et al yap about guns, people go out and buy more of them.

I think if anything if they tried that they'd sell another 2 million more guns.... [rofl]

I mean think about it, every time Biden, Obama, et al yap about guns, people go out and buy more of them.
Yahbut Dept.

True, although the nation probably benefits far more from a brand new gun owner,
than from some guy who needs to buy another safe to fit the guns'n'ammo that he just panic-bought
in the mistaken belief that they'll all be "grandfathered" in any future gun control push.
(Or in the mistaken belief that he'll actually hide them where The Man can't find them).

SCOAMF/Biden* armflapping probably just causes
an agonizing reappraisal of personal inventory.
It took BLM/Antifa Riot/Loot/Burn mobs to create new gun owners
(even if they virtually never go Full-Gadsden straight out of the starting gate).

Ironically, the way Joe Sixpack gets redpilled about RKBA
is if the Ruling Class tries to take away the gun he just got done buying
to protect his house from raging mobs.
(Self-reliance because the Ruling Class
is doing less than nothing to stop the mobs).

Has anyone asked Linsky, and is there an answer to, "What problem does this proposed new live-fire requirement solve?"

We all know it's bullshit, and just adds cost and complexity to an already costly and overly-complex licensing system. But why is he saying it should even be a requirement?

----------------------------

Edited to add:

One of the legislators on the state Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee asked me the same thing when I testified in 2019 before the committee about the need for such a bill. Why pass a law against something that hasn’t happened?

I told him that my son, Galen, had been killed in a school shooting in 1992 at Simon’s Rock College in the Berkshires, on account of a loophole in Massachusetts law. The killer, an 18-year-old student, was able to purchase a gun because he was in compliance with the laws of his home state, Montana. No one had ever been hurt on account of that particular loophole until Galen and one of his teachers were dead. That is why you pass a law to prevent the occurrence of something that hadn’t happened yet. I told the legislator that it made no sense to wait until someone got hurt to pass a law to prevent people from getting hurt. Many of his colleagues seemed to agree. You want to own a gun? You’d better learn how to shoot it.

My question is still valid. The 18 year-old from Montana wasn't able to bring his handgun to MA due to any "loophole." Without a valid MA LTC (which he'd need to be 21 to get), he was not legally allowed to bring it to MA. There was no loophole. And even if he had live-fire training requirement, how would it have prevented this or any other shooting?

Last edited:
Has anyone asked Linsky, and is there an answer to, "What problem does this proposed new live-fire requirement solve?"

We all know it's bullshit, and just adds cost and complexity to an already costly and overly-complex licensing system. But why is he saying it should even be a requirement?
You answered your own question: because it "adds cost and complexity to an already costly and overly-complex licensing system”. It’s all about controlling people, not guns.

Numerous people here have accosted him and got nothing but gobbledygook out of him basically he's just an arm flapping liberal retard that likes to politically grandstand. He even knows none of the stuff will pass but likes to keep his name in circulation, hoping the anti cabal will give him a nice cushy hack job better than rep.

The funny thing is, in a cruel sense of irony, as far as anti gunners in mass go he's not even that good of an anti, in terms of pushing something along. In an echelon of MA anti gun pols, he's not even worthy of sniffing Cheryl Jacques or Jarret Barrios' stale farts. (they're not even in office anymore but were far more dangerous to us than Linsky ever thought of being. )

Back
Top Bottom