Another lower question

FLHTC

NES Member
Let me apologize if this has been beaten to death.

I purchased a lower through an NES buy at Rego Customs in Provincetown. It sat in my safe for years. I was away when the word came down to register our lowers, so I missed the boat.

Is there anyway around this? Is there someone I can I call in the state house?

Thank you

I purchased a lower through an NES buy at Rego Customs in Provincetown. It sat in my safe for years. I was away when the word came down to register our lowers, so I missed the boat.

Thank you
What state are you a resident of? Makes a huge difference.

Well, you did do a 4473 when the lower was purchased, right?

You only have to 'register' (efa-10) it within 7 days of a completed lower being
able to (ie. attached to an completed upper) fire a round. You can have the lower sit in the
safe for a long time if it stays that way (remains just a lower, not a completed 'firearm')

"I was away when the word came down to register our lowers, so I missed the boat.

OK I'll ask too. What?

just build it when you want to. when it's capable of firing a round, FA-10 it.

Nothing more or less is necessary, I don't think... I could be wrong and if so I'm sure someone will correct me within mere minutes.

Seen Anderson lowers for $30 (!!) each lately, I think in 5-packs.
Yeah that was a special 24hr sale that Primary Arms had with a max limit of 5. But to find a FFL that will do that is the big question as most of the FFL's I know of that still sell lowers have Anderson but for like $100 each. I think there was a GB quite a while ago for Anderson lowers and they were maybe $40ish and Spikes were like $70 or so. Recently I paid $150 for an Aero M4E1 stripped lower but I just chalk it up to inflation lol.

Yeah that was a special 24hr sale that Primary Arms had with a max limit of 5. But to find a FFL that will do that is the big question as most of the FFL's I know of that still sell lowers have Anderson but for like $100 each. I think there was a GB quite a while ago for Anderson lowers and they were maybe $40ish and Spikes were like $70 or so. Recently I paid $150 for an Aero M4E1 stripped lower but I just chalk it up to inflation lol.
MFS (sponsor here) sells the Anderson lowers when they have them for $75.

They just list them in their online store under "22" when you look for them. They don't have any on their store right now (just checked).

Thank you
To be clear, you do not need to register a lower until it is built, paired with an upper, and is capable of firing. If you've never assembled your lowers(stock, trigger group, etc.), it's incapable of firing and therefore requires no registration.

Mass law does not require registration unless the firearm is purchased, transferred, or obtained(ex, inherited). Here's the link to the section of the law that talks about this rule specifically: https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section128B

To be clear, you do not need to register a lower until it is built, paired with an upper, and is capable of firing. If you've never assembled your lowers(stock, trigger group, etc.), it's incapable of firing and therefore requires no registration.

Mass law does not require registration unless the firearm is purchased, transferred, or obtained(ex, inherited). Here's the link to the section of the law that talks about this rule specifically: https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section128B
you sure about that.....LOL

Yeah, change out the ones you just soiled
I stay away from the whole assault weapon genre. Why take the risk of running afoul of Andrea’s latest definition changes?

Ruger minis are fine and legal.

When the supremes rule these bans unconstitutional, I’ll get one. Until then, not worth the hassle.

You get into a gray area with constructive possession if you have a complete upper sitting next to a complete lower. I'd be pretty wary of that but IANAL.

Pink thong?
Dnvp8LpVsAAdYm_.jpg

Feel free to quote the appropriate law Mr. LOL
It has been beat to death on here, but in a nut shell no law states you need to register anything you manufacture, only record transfers and no transfer has occurred, Go read the law you just posted…. Lol. There is no seller, you never received anything.
Even the portal state you only need to register something obtained out of state. There is only a need o record transfers in MA. And there is no registry. But I’m all ears

Last edited:
It has been beat to death on here, but in a nut shell no law states you need to register anything you manufacture, only record transfers and no transfer has occurred, Go read the law you just posted…. Lol. There is no seller, you never received anything.
Even the portal state you only need to register something obtained out of state. There is only a need record transfers in MA. And there is no registry. But I’m all ears
Eh, are you just trying to pick a fight? I did say "no need to register", didn't I ?

Back
Top Bottom