Another Mass Gun Shop bites the dust

Was never on my favorites list, however I would stop by when in the area. Also was open anytime the main store was opened which was 7 days a week. According to the folks working in the fish and tackle side of the house the gun shop was bought "lock stock and barrel" by a felllow from down south. The was a room full of safes still on the floor Sunday that were leaving as part of the deal. One of the fish and tackle guys said they intended to retain the FFL and maybe get into the ammo business when "they can get it again". The reason they gave for the shop folding was unavailablity of product. I belive Goose Humock was orignally owned by former Mass Governor Frank Sargent. For an interesting article on Frank Sargent see:. MAVERICK HEAD OF AN ODD STATE

Goose.jpg

Last edited:
Reminds me of a time when I'd load up some guns for trading and take em for a drive,.. never knowing where I'd stop or what state I'd end up in,... And over the years many of these fine shops seemed to close,... Changing times I suppose,..

Bought some classic guns there back in the day. Good prices at the time but over the years they became not so competitive price-wise.

Back
Top Bottom