• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another New Shooter

Broc

NES Member
3rd person in a year I get to apply for their LTC.

This person is in Rockland, he tells me he needs to do live fire for the training. I didn't have time to look at the Rockland requirements.

Can someone confirm this is accurate?

If it is, do you know a class that offers live fire?

Looks to be the case.

Do any of the courses at MFS include live fire? Since they do so many various states and have the facility for it.
Yes. My UT course there was live fire. Not sure about MA though, but I would assume yes.

Looks to be the case.

Do any of the courses at MFS include live fire? Since they do so many various states and have the facility for it.
I think their standard MA class always inckudes live fire. Thats where I did mine and they had us shoot 22 semis and revolvers

Looks to be the case.

MFS has live fire. My wife took her course there. She needed a live fire course and the one she took 20 years ago didn’t have it.

She had nothing but praise for the instructors and facilities.

Bob

I jaut checked with another guy thst recently got his MA LTC a few weeks ago. He did his class at MFS and it included live fire.

Thank you NES. You always deliver.

MFS has live fire and Sig academy has live fire. I don’t know about Sig but MFS classes are not small and when I’ve walked by it pretty crowded when they go into the range.

3rd person in a year I get to apply for their LTC.

This person is in Rockland, he tells me he needs to do live fire for the training. I didn't have time to look at the Rockland requirements.

Can someone confirm this is accurate?

If it is, do you know a class that offers live fire?
That's why I teach NRA HFS and add live fire at the end of the classroom portion. There are a number of towns that demand live fire.

You might check the classes listed at www.mansfieldfish.com to see if there are some providing live fire.

A friend of mine from work just took his class on Saturday for MA. It didn’t include any live fire, which I thought was odd. I thought all mass license to carry courses had to have live fire.

Last edited:
A friend of mine from work just took his class on Saturday for MA. It didn’t include any live fire, which I thought was odd. I thought all mass license to carry courses had to have live fire.
Nope. I’ve helped out several people over the years that didn’t have live fire as part or the training. I wish it was a part of their training.

That changed. I believe live fire was required for all, then at some point it changed to just classroom stuff.

They do not require live fire under the law.
No live fire when the missus and I recently got our LTCs.

I was okay with that because the instructor seemed enamored with semiautos and I thought it best that my wife start out with a .22 single action. I was right. Baby steps.

Looks to be the case.

mfs standard 4 or so hours lecture for LTC ends with a live fire, yes. it is a joke, but, it is there.

Back
Top Bottom