• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another POS brings a knife to a gunfight!

Big Daddy 45acp

Instructor
BTW, the PO is a buddy of mine for about 20 years. We worked behind the walls together before he went to the city PD.
A good kid and graduate of Boston College.

Word has it, one shot stop with fatal results.
More news as I get it.

http://itemlive.com/articles/2008/05...breaking01.txt

Lynn police chief: Everything indicates officer was correct

By Thor Jourgensen / The Daily Item
LYNN - The East Boston man fatally shot by a police officer Tuesday morning held police at bay in a 1999 armed standoff.

Police said Michael Addesa, 34, of East Boston, confronted a police officer on Alley Street at 2:20 a.m. Tuesday morning and was shot after he advanced on the officer with the knife.

The Item has learned the officer who fatally shot Addesa is Paul Holey. He is a 14-year department veteran and a 1999 recipient of the department’s medal of valor.

Lynn Police Chief John Suslak said Holey had been placed on administrative leave for a fedw days which is part of the department’s regular procedure.

“You can be 1,000 percent right in a situation like this and it is still going to affect the officer,” Suslak said. “At this point everything indicates that (Holey) was 100 percent right in his actions.”

During the 1999 standoff, Addesa was the man who was in a five-hour standoff with police on Oct. 4 in Neptune Towers.
A heavily armed police tactical team subdued the machete-wielding Addesa after his girlfriend and her teenage son escaped from the high-rise apartment.

Police and the Essex District Attorney’s office refused to identify the officer but said he spotted Addesa acting in a suspicious manner at the corner of Alley and Commercial streets and chased him on foot down Alley after Addesa refused a command to stop.

A release from the District Attorney office said Addesa had slit one of his wrists at his girlfriend’s Lynn home.

Ya know... I keep hearing stories like this almost daily.... not just from police suicide, but from common citizens... you would think at some point people the bad guys would just start running out.... are there really that many bad guys in this country? Can we just let locals in communities deal with it. If they are caught in the process of a crime, hang 'em then and there.

During the 1999 standoff, Addesa was the man who was in a five-hour standoff with police on Oct. 4 in Neptune Towers.
A heavily armed police tactical team subdued the machete-wielding Addesa after his girlfriend and her teenage son escaped from the high-rise apartment.

Why was he out of jail?

Another indication that the court system is responsible for about 1/2 of the crimes out there.

Why was he out of jail?

Another indication that the court system is responsible for about 1/2 of the crimes out there.

I would say more like 85%

realistically, the courts release more criminals they they put behind bars. I know at least 3 people that by MA law should have had "MANDATORY" 1 year in prison for different things... and yet they are still not in jail... [hmmm]

oh how I just love living in Lynn

at least I know the LPD is going to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done now we just need about 50 more cops on the street and let every one of them spend a shift with Off. Holey so maybe they too will know what needs to be done when it needs to be done

Atleast the COP knows what he is up against and the town is green. Half the trash Lynn attracts and they do attract a lot of it unfortunitly, ends up in the surrounding towns as well committing crime. Parts of Salem and Revere are the next big draw for the low lifes. This guy is one less crime spree waiting to happen!

Back
Top Bottom