Another respiratory virus from China (Coronavirus Megathread)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I take 5000 IU of D a day (plus K-2). Disclaimer, I'm not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Duh.

The government's official recommended dose of many vitamins is absurdly low. They basically picked a number that was just barely high enough to no longer cause any obvious acute disease in the short term, like scurvy or whatever you get with too little D. They did not pick a number that they scientifically determined would be for optimum health.

They even decided on the recommendation 100 years ago, and couldn't be bothered to change it as we learned more. They didn't even know what D was back then and called it a "vitamin". It is actually a hormone.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We just received an email from the school and there were 7 attachments about the WuFlu policy, you would think the first one would be in English....nope, it was 2nd to the last, Arabic and Spanish and Portuguese were the 1st 3. WTF, last time I checked the population of Franklin is mostly english speakers.

Reactions: ldi

chris_1001

NES Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
We just received an email from the school and there were 7 attachments about the WuFlu policy, you would think the first one would be in English....nope, it was 2nd to the last, Arabic and Spanish and Portuguese were the 1st 3. WTF, last time I checked the population of Franklin is mostly english speakers.
No French or Italian, German even?

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
No French or Italian, German even?
I will have to check but I don't think so.
Did the contractor screw up your end of the street? They had to tear up my walkway to raise it and I am losing a step on the front stairs. I shouldn't complain to much because we were going to have it replaced in the spring.

chris_1001

NES Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I will have to check but I don't think so.
Did the contractor screw up your end of the street? They had to tear up my walkway to raise it and I am losing a step on the front stairs. I shouldn't complain to much because we were going to have it replaced in the spring.
Was sorta tongue in cheek as it’s all wall hopping languages now vs the old standbys. I remember getting instructions in those with most purchases vs what you had got.

My neighbor who has the steepest driveway on our street has some issues. I actually own a few feet of his driveway so I’m a bit involved. I probably have the second worst driveway which is not too bad, but it’s a sh!t show (and cut a nice maple off my property with no notice). Town vs the contractor. They did a poor job all around. You prob know one of the more name worthy people in the st. They lost the heated walk, a fence, and have to raise their nice yard, by about 8-12 inches with fill to meet the sidewalk.

ETA: there is a fire hydrant IN the sidewalk two houses down. How’s that for planning?

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Was sorta tongue in cheek as it’s all wall hopping languages now vs the old standbys. I remember getting instructions in those with most purchases vs what you had got.

My neighbor who has the steepest driveway on our street has some issues. I actually own a few feet of his driveway so I’m a bit involved. I probably have the second worst driveway which is not too bad, but it’s a sh!t show (and cut a nice maple off my property with no notice). Town vs the contractor. They did a poor job all around. You prob know one of the more name worthy people in the st. They lost the heated walk, a fence, and have to raise their nice yard, by about 8-12 inches with fill to meet the sidewalk.

ETA: there is a fire hydrant IN the sidewalk two houses down. How’s that for planning?
He was furious!

chris_1001

NES Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
He was furious!
Was? I came out yesterday as I was listening to a very heated conversation lol.

We’ll see how it plays out. Turns out, the contractor did not call the gas company before they started digging up the driveway. So they now can’t finish it until the line is re done which might be a month.

Or are you talking about the other neighbor?

All said and done, just pave the street and leave well enough alone.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grown men sat there and watched that happen
It's usually not good to get involved in a "two retards fighting" situation. I'm as anti-mask as anyone, but if a cop (even this goofy fat one) tells me to leave, I'll comply and fight it with lawyers.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

Mattyweb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Another example of police putting their best foot forward and winning the hearts and minds of citizens

What a dumb f***ing cop
Yup. I've been trying my hardest to be supportive, especially to family and friends that are cops. But at this point they are doing more harm than good. I've switched sides. Defund them all, I can protect myself.
If you want to be so stupid as to escalate a mask rule for a fake pandemic to tazing a teenage girl, you are the f***ing enemy.

Also, reverse the races in this and see how it looks to people. Enough of the BS already.

Last edited:

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yup. I've been trying my hardest to be supportive, especially to family and friends that are cops. But at this point they are doing more harm than good. I've switched sides. Defund them all, I can protect myself.
If you want to be so stupid as to escalate a mask rule for a fake pandemic to tazing a teenage girl, you are the f***ing enemy.

Also, reverse the races in this and see how it looks to people. Enough of the BS already.
I think that would be a terrible idea....the whole defunding thing......

But they need to start policing their own ranks and stop the idiots in their ranks from shooting themselves and the whole team in the head with dumb shit like this

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
The (utterly meaningless) case count is up cuz they're testing everyone in sight, repeatedly, and given the likelihood of false positives, huge test rate = huge case rate.

The (likely fraudulent) death count is moving more or less sideways. And I'd bet half or better of those aren't bona-fide virus deaths.
He states in the video that the tests are guestionable. Lots of false positives.

Reactions: jpk
Top Bottom