Another scam to watch for.....pretty bold and seems to be working too

Jamaican Lottery > Nigerian Prince

How about this greedy idiot? Sending cash to pay Jamaican lottery taxes. Her kids must hate her so much. Dummies like this is why that TV for cash scam at Sears in South Shore Plaza is still going strong after 25 years.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/loc...g-seniors-in-jamaican-lottery-scam_/509553251

The Massachusetts victim, a 90-year-old woman living in Boston, was scammed out of $250,000.

At the risk of sounding like a complete moron, but to maybe help educate some poor shmuck, I am going to tell this story. I'll try to keep it as short as possible:

Last summer, about a week after my son drove himself back to college in Upstate NY, I got a call on my cell while at work. Some dude tells me that my son hit his nephew with his car, his nephew has a broken leg, and they are holding my son until I wire him some money.

I had heard of this scam before, so I knew it was bullshit.

I tell him I don't believe him, and he says he can prove he has my son. Tells me to ask a question that only my son would know. I ask, and I hear my son's voice answering the question. I am officially freaked out. How do they know the name of my friggin cat? How do they make my son's voice? What the hell is going on?

I still think it's BS, but until I can figure out how my son's voice is on the phone, I am doing what they say. They tell me I need to stay on the phone, leave the office, go to Walmart, and wire money to some name in Puerto Rico. I had just sold my house, and I had a bunch of cash in the bank, and they only asked for like $700-800. I knew it was BS, but like I said, I couldn't figure out how they were doing this.

I wired the cash. They kept me on the phone until they got confirmation, and then they started pulling the 'we need more money' stuff. I was still freaked out, so I drove to the Nashua PD. I told them what was happening, and they told me it was a scam. I said I knew it was a scam, but how did they have my son's voice on the phone?

At first, I couldn't call or text my son because they were keeping me on the phone. After I hung up on them, I kept trying to call and text my son, but got no answer.

After a couple hours of this, the detective at the Nashua PD got hold of campus PD at my son's school, and found him safe in his room.

Turns out - they originally called my son with the story that my daughter (his sister) was in a car accident. He had to give them money or they would hurt his sister. Being a dumb, trusting, kid, he went along with them. He wired them some money, and they made him give them some names and numbers of other people to get money from. He gave them my number. When I heard his voice on the phone with the 'kidnappers', they had him on the other line at the same time. It was pretty elaborate, well acted, and convincing. Even as I knew it was BS, I was still willing to give them money on the off chance that it wasn't. And by the time the whole thing was over, I was so glad the kids were OK that I didn't even care about the money.

These are sneaky, sophisticated, bastards. Watch out.

btw - the also called his mother, my ex. They told her they had her son, she said "no you don't" and hung up.

I got a call from a gentleman with a very heavy Indian accent a couple of weeks ago. Here's how it went:

SCAMMER: DO NOT HANG UP! I am calling from IRS and we are filing law sweet against you.
ME: You kicked my dog, and now he needs operation.
SCAMMER: What?
ME: YOU KNOW DAMN RIGHT!
SCAMMER: But..
SCAMMER: Sir..
SCAMMER: You can't just...

He hung up on me.

I got a call from a gentleman with a very heavy Indian accent a couple of weeks ago. Here's how it went:

SCAMMER: DO NOT HANG UP! I am calling from IRS and we are filing law sweet against you.
ME: You kicked my dog, and now he needs operation.
SCAMMER: What?
SCAMMER: But..
SCAMMER: Sir..
SCAMMER: You can't just...

He hung up on me.

You killed Uncle Freddy!

Didn't get a phone call, but got an email saying my plane ticket and boarding pass out of Washington, DC, tomorrow, could be printed by following the link in the email. They even said my charge card had been charged for the ticket. The email had Delta Airlines logos all over it. No way I am clicking a link for a ticket I did not purchase. So I checked my credit card and no charge on there, also checked the flight number they had there and no such flight number. They are good, but not that good, you just need to pay attention.

The scams are moving to phones. My wife got one about our charge card (from one of the big issuers) being compromised and the need to follow a link (from one of the tiny URL services) to have it re-activated.

When Microsoft Support :) calls, I always respond with "You've reached a secure reactor room. How did you get this number. I need to file a security incident form". Nobody every plays along, they just hang up.

I'd just troll them. so not believable. Go ahead bro, rape her first. I want to hear it. Do it you pussy DO IT. **** you, click.

what kind of retard would drive around wiring 10K to these dolts and never once think to call or text his ****ing daughter and see if she's ok?

I don't really feel bad for stupid people when they get taken by scammers, unless they're elderly or something.

- - - Updated - - -

^ seriously

yep !!

They almost got one of my fellow workers, a Cambodian immigrant. Called her in work posing as IRS and told her she owed back taxes and the were going to put a lien on her house if she didn't come up with $7500. Luckily I was in the room after the 3rd call when she started panicking and crying. I told her it was a scam but she didn't believe me so I asked her for the number to call so she could arrange to meet them and hand over the cash. I called them back and we had a nice discussion.

They almost got one of my fellow workers, a Cambodian immigrant. Called her in work posing as IRS and told her she owed back taxes and the were going to put a lien on her house if she didn't come up with $7500. Luckily I was in the room after the 3rd call when she started panicking and crying. I told her it was a scam but she didn't believe me so I asked her for the number to call so she could arrange to meet them and hand over the cash. I called them back and we had a nice discussion.

I'm with you up until YOU called them back. I would have called the PD, given them the info and asked them to call. Even if no prosecution, it should scare the shit out of them that LE is onto their scam.

I've been depressed over not getting any good scams, lately.

Finally, my ship came in!

[email protected]
YOUR FUND APPROVED PAYMENT OF $27,000,000.00 (TWENTY SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS THROUGH ATM CARD)
[email protected]

From The Desk Of Dr.Godwin Emefiele.
Central Bank of Nigeria ( CBN )
Tinubu Sqare,P.M.B.12194,Lagos Island,Lagos,Nigeria.
CONTRACT #: MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/013,
Foreign Remittance Department.

YOUR FUND APPROVED PAYMENT OF $27,000,000.00 (TWENTY SEVEN MILLION
DOLLARS THROUGH ATM CARD)

Attention:Beneficiary,

I am Dr.Godwin Emefiele,from Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) I am
contacting you today to alert you of a notification which will be a
great help to you,I am the new director of fund approved payment
department here in CBN and I saw a file last week in your name with
all your information from our central computer stating that abandoned
fund worth of $27,000,000,00 (Twenty Seven Million United state
Dollars) belongs to you,Please;I want to know from you the reason why
you abandoned such big fund here in our bank for long up til this
moment without any claim by you. I hereby officially notifying you
about the present arrangement to pay you as i have been appointed and
directed to take in-charge of your fund payment here in my
department,This arrangement was initiated/constituted by the World
Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) during the board
meeting due to fraudulent and scam activities going on within the
African Region,I officially contacted you today because your
Inheritance Funds was Re-deposited into the "Federal Suspense Account"
of CBN last week because you did not proceed with your Claim as the
rightful beneficiary which is well known to the board and management
team of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)

I am now in charge of your fund payment in my department here in
Central Bank of Nigeria ( CBN) and like i stated in my mail that your
name appear in our Central Computer here as a beneficiary who have not
receive his contract payment for long,Be informed that your fund of
$27,Million Dollars has been approved by the IMF and the federal
government for payment and we have decided to convert your fund into
an ( ATM CARD ) which we will send to you in your country for the
withdraw of your fund in any atm machine in your country to make it
easy for your payment in other to avoid much expenses in receiving
your fund and we have made every arrangement regarding your payment
through Atm Card since last week Due to the instruction given to us
for your immediate payment. Dear beneficiary,I therefore to inform you
that we have approved an ATM CARD on your behalf which we will send to
you for the withdraw of your fund and we have converted your total
fund of ($27,000,000.00) into Your Atm Card which is with me right now
in my department,your ATM CARD worth the sum of $27,Million Dollars
has been ready for the delivery to your home,Take note,Your ATM CARD
Pin number is 2126.

You are hereby to quickly respond back to my department today and
provide or reconfirm to me your personal information once again where
you base right now and your home address where you desire to receive
your ATM CARD to avoid mistake during the delivery for us to quickly
submit your ATM CARD together with your current residential address
for the delivery to your Home in other for you to receive it and start
making a withdraw of your fund in any atm machine in your country,This
is the conclusion and agreement of your fund payment here in our bank.
The information required from you for the delivery of your ATM CARD is
such as below.

Your Full Name:.......................
Your Country And Location:.........................
Current Home Address:.........................
Private Telephone Number:...............
A Copy Of Your Id Card:........
Age/Sex:....................

Kindly provide the following information and respond back to my
department today as I will be waiting to hear from you as soon as
possible with the required information for the proceed and delivery of
your ATM CARD to your country where you desire to receive it.

Best Regards,
Dr.Godwin Emefiele.
/Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN)
Phone Number: +234-9074300283
E_MAIL: [email protected]

I'm pretty excited!

A 27million dollar ATM card.

Is there a daily limit?

I'd rather the money deposited into my account.

unnamed.jpg

If these clowns ever got out of their mud huts and did something productive maybe their lives would improve.

I've been waiting for the we have "X" in our jail and they need bail money, my response if nobody claims them in 30 days they're yours. I've no kids and my wife is with me almost constantly.

Been getting several texts lately telling me they (whoever they are, no mention) have an item I ordered a couple months ago and to click the link to claim it.

Yaaaa no thanks. Must be the new covid scam since everybody was buying stuff online.

i get like 1 email scam a day, usually a verify your account for Amazon, Ebay, Paypal etc. They should probably space them out a little if they want to look legit.

Been getting several texts lately telling me they (whoever they are, no mention) have an item I ordered a couple months ago and to click the link to claim it.

Yaaaa no thanks. Must be the new covid scam since everybody was buying stuff online.
I’ve been getting the same. Never clicked the links though

I’ve been getting the same. Never clicked the links though

I looked up the number, came back as a typical scam from several people. Multiple diff numbers involved. Blocked each one as they arrive.

I always reply that I would prefer payment in gold bullion because of tax issues and I don't want the blood sucking lawyer to find out about my windfall.

Cue Liam Nielsen "I have a certain set of skills..."

I usually tell this to telemarketers:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for money I can tell you I don't have it,but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for telemarketers like you. If you place me on the do not call list that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will report you to the FCC.

My local police log has had a ton of documented employment fraud scams in it over the last few months.

One of the better ones I’ve seen recently is that my Netflix account is being suspended due to nonpayment. Overall the email looks legit with the only clue I could easily pick up on being the sender info.

My uncle was VERY close to sending 5K to someone to spring me from jail in Canada. He was really convinced that they had me up there, and somehow he was my way out. Lucky for him, he got me on the phone. I was just about to go somewhere too, and he might have done it.
My uncle actually did send those guys thousands of dollars to get me out of jail in Canada....Literally that exact scam.

I'm with you up until YOU called them back. I would have called the PD, given them the info and asked them to call. Even if no prosecution, it should scare the shit out of them that LE is onto their scam.
Actually, I do call them back, or rather, now that I've trained my 11 year old son, he calls them back. I really need to record those calls. I'd have millions of hits on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom