• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another wife wants a gun thread

MGnoob

NES Life Member
NES Member
Another wife wants a gun thread, I don’t force my views on people. Finally my wife said She needs
gun “I’m scared…”

Mind you she’s just becoming an adult and that I’m an old man.

I Explain to her that she needs to take a safety course and go get a permit that’s gonna take six months and cost about 250 bucks.

Her responses why do I need to pay to own a gun.

I’m falling in love all over again.

She’s going to take the coarse go down to the police department pay the f***ing fee..

Then I’m gonna take her out after my mother gives her training… Lay her out 30 firearms let her pick and choose… And if the offerings are unacceptable… She can have whatever she wants.

My big question is “what are you scared of?”

Her answer was “ I wake up and your not home”

There’s no point in having a firearm arm not willing using it.

I can’t be around all the time. It’s important for people to have the option protect themselves.

I do feel bad she was upset and feels that way… But she’s finally living in the real world.

I’m still picking Shrapnel out of this leg. That’s my good leg thank God, God gifted me with three legs.. It was like popping a pimple

I’m not exactly sure of what she is scared of other than she says the worlds going to shit. I don’t think A guns gunna solve that problem

Another wife wants a gun thread, I don’t force my views on people. Finally my wife said She needs
gun “I’m scared…”

Mind you she’s just becoming an adult and that I’m an old man.

I Explain to her that she needs to take a safety course and go get a permit that’s gonna take six months and cost about 250 bucks.

Her responses why do I need to pay to own a gun.

I’m falling in love all over again.

She’s going to take the coarse go down to the police department pay the f***ing fee..

Then I’m gonna take her out after my mother gives her training… Lay her out 30 firearms let her pick and choose… And if the offerings are unacceptable… She can have whatever she wants.

My big question is “what are you scared of?”

Her answer was “ I wake up and your not home”

There’s no point in having a firearm arm not willing using it.

I can’t be around all the time. It’s important for people to have the option protect themselves.

I do feel bad she was upset and feels that way… But she’s finally living in the real world.

What did she do before she met you if she was scared when she woke up and you weren't there ?

Sorry buddy, you are being lured into a trap.

If a woman is scared and helpless without a man around, it is not a woman you need to be with.

The long term implications are horrible.

It’s not because she’s a woman or young… She seen me handle my business. I like to think she just wants to be able to do it herself. Which is why I love her. It’s nice.. I expect everybody to handle themselves even in a terrible situation

I’ll put it to you this way. If you kick in my front door bad things are gonna happen even when I’m not home

I’m not saying it’s good advice. All I told her was if somebody comes threw the front door, And you’re scared. keep squeezing till there’s nothing left and then say you wanna lawyer

I’m assuming it’s the constant harassment and robberies that pushed her over the edge.

I’m used to it, she’s not

I’m going to.. She just needs training and a license… After all that I’ll give her the real training.

My wife also told me she wanted in 18 months ago. I've taught her how to be safe handling a gun and the basics of shooting. She's a good student. But I encourage her to take some lessons from a professional as I am not. She just got her first CCW holster today. We'll see how comfortable she is with it.

Women have a lot of options for carrying. My wife’s also got big titties.

I just have a hard time giving anybody advice.

It’s probably not a healthy thing to tell people. When bad things happen you build a mental walls, start stacking bricks. You put it all behind the wall…

What happens when the imaginary a wall falls down is very difficult… My advice will be a start picking up the bricks and start building the wall all over again. I might have to talk to somebody about this. But I won’t, It’s real simple….. I don’t want her to have to experience this…. But once you’re an adult that’s how you handle your life

I asked her if she’s ever seen anybody die. She’s like I’ve been to a wake… That definitely doesn’t count

Start her out on 22s at least for a day or two to get past the initial fear of handling a gun, to not get intimidated by the kick, and to establish some control habits. I also recommend the NRA Women On Target program, which is women only and a big confidence booster.

And for that advice you will share with us your secret to dating younger women. Not that I’m in a position to do so. Just asking for a friend and potential other members.

You start a seven-year-old out with a 22.

She’s getting a crash course.

Start her out on 22s at least for a day or two to get past the initial fear of handling a gun, to not get intimidated by the kick, and to establish some control habits. I also recommend the NRA Women On Target program, which is women only and a big confidence booster.

And for that advice you will share with us your secret to dating younger women. Not that I’m in a position to do so. Just asking for a friend and potential other members.
She’s the one who said she didn’t feel safe. Within a year she’ll never feel that way again

Maybe it’s because she’s young. I refuse to live in fear. She’ll get there

The weird thing is she doesn’t like guns but now she wants one. Typical Democrat

I’m legitimately curious which gun she’s going to pick. Imagine you could pick any gun you want

As long as she's actually prepared to do what needs to be done, then its great.

My wife is funny... she's a mama bear with our son for a lot of things. I'm just not sure she would pull the trigger until the mag is empty if she had too. She gives me those funny looks when I say that I would.

My wife was the same way (anti and afraid ) for years. I will still push to start on 22s. A day or two of this will get her going on the right foot. Unless she is a lefty…

Funny thing, after my wife got comfortable, and started trying different things she decided she didn’t like 9mm and much preferred 45. Big badda boom! She now primarily shoots a 1911, and that is her HD gun, but also has a 9mm for carry.

Fear makes people do a lot of things.

I have like five of the same handgun in many different colors. Personally I don’t think the color makes a difference.

I gotta get the Box cutter out and take this thing out of my f***ing leg. I can’t make it Through the metal detector at work… I’ve been wanding myself down for three days I think I located the source of the problem it’s just not a good spot…

Like I’m really gonna go to the hospital and have them remove a f***ing slug from my leg and ass 20 years after the fact. I’ve been doing studies about whether lead sets the The metal detector off or not. But I’m pretty sure they’re gonna fire me when I start x-ray in my leg in the x-ray machine.

I’m not exactly sure what a wife scared of but you know you should have not be scared.

I personally don’t give a f*** anymore

You start a seven-year-old out with a 22.

She’s getting a crash course.
That's a mistake. Start anyone out with a 22 so the student can focus on skills without the distraction of recoil. It speeds the learning process, no matter how grown-up the student is. I've seen big, burly guys who can't put a round on the target page with a 9mm, because they anticipate recoil in various counterproductive ways. It's a subconscious problem, best avoided rather than cure.

Maybe it’s because she’s young. I refuse to live in fear. She’ll get there

Training
Training
Training
Training

Dont teach her your bad habits aquired over decades......

She's a mostly clean slate......make sure she learns good habits up front so she doesnt have to unlearn shit like most people

Back
Top Bottom